KENT TOUR 18/19/20 November

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got wet and cold at the train station today under a roof. Whilst RStG is the best course in England, it wasn’t to be played today - no fun at all.

No idea who Coups is but he should be able to score that well round courses that short. Good luck on the CT whoever you are.

D

Deleted member 15344

Got wet and cold at the train station today under a roof. Whilst RStG is the best course in England, it wasn’t to be played today - no fun at all.

No idea who Coups is but he should be able to score that well round courses that short. Good luck on the CT whoever you are.

Course was playing far from short in the weather over the three days - at least a 4 club wind each day with people hitting 3 woods into 150 par 3’s and being short because of the wind.

D

Deleted member 17920

Please don’t waste time trying to troll.

You didn’t play yesterday or today so you have zero idea of the conditions.

Go back under the rock you live under.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes and wedges to par 5’s. I get it.....wasn’t actually a tricky direction off the sea.

Wasn't off the sea??????
What day are you talking about????

AS for the comment about Coups should be able to score that well, have a think - the weather was brutal all 3 days and that is some outstanding golf

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes and wedges to par 5’s. I get it.....wasn’t actually a tricky direction off the sea.
Actually it was off the sea - straight off the sea , pro and starter both stating it was the hardest wind they have. One par 5 played short

Made a bit of a fool of yourself trying to be funny

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just got home.

Thanks to all the organisers!

Sorry I had to shoot off after today’s round but I wanted to try and get passed the M25 before it got too busy!

As for the golf. That was certainly a day too far for me. Brutal, especially with leaving my swing in The Kings Head!

Top work everyone!

D

Deleted member 15344

Off the sea - yes. The best wind for the front 9. No long holes other than the short 10th.

No long holes ? The wind was only “best” for a couple holes on the back nine , it harmed most of the holes on the front 9 especially a lot of the second shots into the green and a good number of the par 4’s you were trying to go in with a wood. It was the hardest I have experienced it - and someone shooting 1 over is impressive golf

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Coups who will be playing on the challenge tour next year shot a total of 1 over for all 3 rounds.

That’s some shooting in those conditions 👏

Great golf! I watched the last 2 rounds in 2011 at RSG when DC won it and the weather conditions those 2 days were nowhere near as bad as today, light rain for most of the day and not as windy.

Yes the greens would have been quicker and course longer etc. But trust me that is a great score on that course in those conditions, no matter what anyone says.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Chris, Simon, Glyn and Cameron for all their hard work organising the three days. Gents you all done a fabulous job everything organised too a tee.

All three courses amazing, really hard to pick a favorite from RCP and RSG. Both have some truly stunning golf holes. The 27 on Princes are really nice too Himalayas my favorite 9 there.

Some say that the wind and links are a true test of golf. Well that is probably one of the hardest tests I have ever faced, can't wait to go back though. Shout out to Coups that is amazing scoring.

Have to say the meal today was pretty special too.

Thanks to all the guys who i played with, all great company. I also had the pleasure of witnessing some pretty special golf from them all in these conditions.

Roll on sunny (I really hope) Sunningdale.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only attended today rather than all three days, but have echo the thanks to those that organised everything - much appreciated guys! (Herding cats is much easier than getting golfers into some sort of order...). Also thanks to Chris, Rupert & Charlie for making the day an enjoyable excusion at the seaside, despite the brutal conditions. My, that was the toughest wind I've played in for quite some time - with the occasional hailstones adding a touch of piquancy to proceedings! Just glad that my game (mostly) held up & chuffed to bits to have managed to come third. Well done to those who came first & second !!

Can we do it again?

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Evening guys

Just to say thanks to Simon, Chris and Cam for all the organisation of the tour over the 3 days. Glad to be back in the warm and the hands have just about recovered..Thanks to pp's Chris D, Mike Martin,Jim, Charlie and Simon.

Got very unlucky with weather again, RCP and RSG really tough, so hats off to all the guys who got through especially today. First time round RSG and thought the layout and mix of holes was superb and greens fantastic, though fairways werent the best. Definitely want to go back but not between November and February.