keeping the head still?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
could keeping the head still and upright be holding me back from a full extension through the shot? im going to give this a go tomoro!

check out thompson's head head as she drives through the ball. start it at 4.15. pause it 4.22! i think she has to get her head into that position for a fully extended right arm follow through. this could be a lack of flexibillty.

i know this could cause all sorts of others problems but going to give it a go.

opinions?

[video=youtube;2g-R4lM4ZKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g-R4lM4ZKw&feature=related[/video]

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
2 things.....

her head does that in an attempt to stay behind the ball.

what is happening with the right shoulder is far more important.

Why not simply post a vid of your swing Gary?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2 things.....

her head does that in an attempt to stay behind the ball.

what is happening with the right shoulder is far more important.

you would not know where to start with mine! my iron swing is repeatable but every time i hav a driver in hand its a completly different swing in an attempt to get it the fairway somehow and hopefuly give myself a 2nd shot. its hard work! i need lessons for sure. il c if i can get a vid or 2 to show the major faults!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

didnt get time tonight. just about got the 18 in. so happy with today. decided from the first i would try cutting down the back swing on the drive. feels like im hardly even going back at all but im absolutly killing it. changed the grip to a strong left hand, strong right hand and an overlap grip. what a difference. on form tonight. 7 over! 2 birdies and there was even 3 3putts. cant wait to get back out there but it supposed to be raining hard tomoro so might have to wait to friday!! aaaggghhhhhh!!!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
driver, 3 wood and hybrid. although i managed to absolutly nail but pull a 3 wood left on 17. it was the last place i thought it would go.it just shows you how much the grip changes things. i cut down the swing on those two. keeping my irons the same as usual. no need to change them.