Keeping club heads clean during round..?

CantPuttForToffee

Visit site
I know there will be an urge to comment about taking a towel and maybe even wetting it at the course just before heading out but I just wondered if anyone has any other good ideas/equipment that helps to keep club heads in pristine condition whilst out on a round?

D

Deleted member 1147

Saliva, not Covid friendly, but it works wonders. Especially when I’m feeling particularly asthmatic?

Fabia999

Visit site
I don't personally do it, because I just use a towel, but maybe one of those 'boot buddy' cleaners which cleans football boots? Its just a water bottle with a scrubber on the end. Thinking about it I think that would work great.

CantPuttForToffee

Visit site
I don't personally do it, because I just use a towel, but maybe one of those 'boot buddy' cleaners which cleans football boots? Its just a water bottle with a scrubber on the end. Thinking about it I think that would work great.
Good shout, have thought about keeping one in the boot of the car to clean shoes afterwards but why not have it in the bag. Cheers..

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use one of those 3 in 1 club cleaners and a towel - during winter i have a separate towel as one cleans the other dries. I still use an old toothbrush, and warm soapy water after a round.

sunshine

Visit site
I know there will be an urge to comment about taking a towel and maybe even wetting it at the course just before heading out but I just wondered if anyone has any other good ideas/equipment that helps to keep club heads in pristine condition whilst out on a round?

Yes. A caddie.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i've got a little metal brush in a sleeve thing in my pocket clean the groves with that, then wipe with towl thats on the bag, wet on end dry the other.. job done

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
One of those non-scratch dishwashing sponges, wet and put into a zip food bag does the job nicely I've found.
I also have a towel which has a chamois sewn into one end that you can wet to clean the club and use the towel section to dry.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Before I leave home I wet my towel so it’s easy to clean between shots. I just pick up my bag, wipe the club while I’m walking and put back in the bag when I get to the ball.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve started using the wet towel method, great for on the course and saves doing it when I get home. I don’t bother drying the club, just let them air dry. The only negative is that in the warmer weather it’s dry by around the 14th hole!

I also have one of those pocket sized brush things for cleaning grooves, but not really having to use it at the moment.