Justin Rose - Equipment change

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The quality of Honmas irons far exceeds Taylor Mades.

My view is that he’s been no1 in the world and is probably treated as the 5th most important person to the brand (at best) Behind Woods, Rory, DJ and Day.

It’s also imo the reason why Sergio left TM.

Not that it really makes any difference but I thought it was TM that didn't renew with Garcia (after splashing the cash on their new signings)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its a good move. Justin Rose is not a big character, a great golfer but not one that gets a load of media attention. Winning the FedEx plus the Ryder Cup will probably get him as many headlines in the US and globally as he is going to get. Seems like the perfect time to cash in and try and sign a big money contract.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The quality of Honmas irons far exceeds Taylor Mades.

My view is that he’s been no1 in the world and is probably treated as the 5th most important person to the brand (at best) Behind Woods, Rory, DJ and Day.

It’s also imo the reason why Sergio left TM.

Tbf he’s been World no1 for a week....

The 4 ahead of him have had slightly longer runs.....

I agree it could be the reason he’s leaving. But in the grand scheme of things, is it him wanting to be a big fish in a little pond or.......

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe he just fancies a change, no doubts he's hit the odd other iron and if he got sent a set in the past or likes them a lot or whatever and the time is right then why not. Can almost guarantee he will still use TM drivers and woods

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe he just fancies a change, no doubts he's hit the odd other iron and if he got sent a set in the past or likes them a lot or whatever and the time is right then why not. Can almost guarantee he will still use TM drivers and woods

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is that apart from finishing 2 shots behind Rahm in the Dubai Masters in 2017 then winning on the Tour this year in his first event using all Callaway clubs?
Hmmm, if I remember correctly the event he won was hardly a headlining one... did it even have anybody else of similar standard playing?

Visit site
Rose has signed an 11 club deal with Honma and there could be 2 more high profile Europeans sign with them as well.

D

Deleted member 15344

Seems the post about hearing it from the Honma fitter disappeared ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't know if it'll happen but its not always a case of the grass being greener. Many have swapped brands and seen form dip so it'll be interesting if it happens. Personally I hope not simply because I really like Rose and everything he's achieved (and seems a wonderfully rounded person too) and I'd like to see him dominate as world #1 for a while

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Rumour update.

Whisper is Paul Casey is the other player that Honma are pursuing. (Again just rumours at this stage!)

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am pretty sure Rose is true. I have heard from a reliable source that it will be in the new year. I assume they can't even announce it until his current deal is up.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Were are these rumours coming from? I would of thought relatively few people in either company would know anything about contract discussions, so where do these rumours come from?

I do notice that as soon as the GOLFWRX thread is updated then a new confirmation appears here though 😉

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Were are these rumours coming from? I would of thought relatively few people in either company would know anything about contract discussions, so where do these rumours come from?

I do notice that as soon as the GOLFWRX thread is updated then a new confirmation appears here though 😉

Some "secrets" are never well kept secrets, Rory to Nike, Nike pulling out of the golf market, Sergio to Callaway etc etc etc

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There was a copy of GM in the club house yesterday, right at the front a Full page ad for Honma, hardly ever see the clubs for sale let alone an ad for them...... :unsure: