Is your accent?

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Instantly recognisable?

You may not have a regional accent but I think most people do have one.

How recognisable is yours, and what is it?

Me...... I have a fairly easily recognisable and fairly broad Yorkshire accent even though I do not wear a flat cap and own a Whippet!

I DO NOT say "ecky thump" or "sithee." I must confess to uttering "nah then" and "eyup" though. ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I guess me and Fragger must have Modern Bucks accents as we've lived virtually 50 years here.
Home Counties English I suppose...

BROOKIE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
when I play "the hallamshire" I have to revert to the Queens
english,theres no such nonsense spoken there,by the way what happened with the play offs ?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
East Lothian/Edinburgh accent.

What makes me laugh is lancs and mancs who think they have no accent at all when asking me where i'm from!

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Despite living in the black country I don't have a broad Wolverhampton accent.

Still have my broad north eastern Middlesbrough accent which is totally out of place around here!!

The amount of times I go in a pub and ask for a coke and have to repeat myself because I don't say 'coe-wwkk' :eek:

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
don't think I have a distinctive accent

originally Brighton but that was more improved south London than Sussex. then Navy which mixed in bits of almost everything

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm from the east midlands and don't really have a strong accent of sorts, but since living in the south west for the last 3 years, I have (apparently) begun to start sounding like a west country farmer. So I'm off out the back to shoot myself with a sawn-off shotgun :(

There's not many things I don't like about living in the south west, but the west country accent is top of the "hate" list. It's chuffing awful (sorry to anyone who has it! :D).

I just about broke down in tears when the brummie taxi driver last weekend said "where have you come from? Sounds like the south west to me" :(