Is your accent?

UpminsterGas11

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Born and bred Bristolian, but moved to London when i was 25, but despite living in the south east for 16 years people here still refer to my 'farmers' accent, and when i go home to Bristol, my old mates say i sound like a cockernee, i can't win. :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Apparently I have a little bit of a Sourf Lunnon accent - not surprising as I spent my formative years in Fort Neaf.

You and me to Roger! not a million miles from the Ponds

I was in Canada a year or two back and they thought that HID and I were decended from royalty with our accents !

Chris

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a shame in a few years time we'll all be speaking American :mad: :mad: :mad:

I heard a BBC news person say "loo tenant" instead of "left tenant" the other day when referring to a British lieutenant in a war zone. :eek: :eek:

I've never understood how "lieutenant" can be pronounced "leftenant". I appreciate that it's the correct way to say it, but I dont' get it. :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My accent is pretty neutral, born in Windsor but moved to Rutland when I was 11 so never really had a southern accent. Have lived in the East Midlands pretty much ever since but have avoided calling people 'Me Duck' and things like that.