Is this an issue and I haven't noticed?

Mandofred

Visit site
Turned in a general play card yesterday +9. It should have raised my handicap since it knocked a counting score off the last 20 scores. I get up this morning and it has taken that score off and added yesterdays score.....but now they are only calculating 7 counting scores instead of 8. Seems like this happened a few weeks ago but I think it eventually made the change. It had always happened overnight before.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The score that dropped off…was it part of a 36 hole day?

There used to be an issue with 36 holes on the same course, and the rounds would be displayed in the wrong order on your playing record

Mandofred

Visit site
Nope. Just a regular 18 holes. I was looking forward to getting a shot back for this mornings senior rollup, but no recalculation. Funny thing is, they are only calculating 7 scores but when I count how many scores they have on the graph, there are only 19. They added my new score, took my oldest score off.....but somehow one other score is missing. No idea what is going on. This happened a couple of weeks ago as well. Everything used to happen overnight.

Mandofred

Visit site
Just counted the list of the top 20 scores.....there are 20 there, but only 7 with the green dots for counting scores. Error in the system?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just counted the list of the top 20 scores.....there are 20 there, but only 7 with the green dots for counting scores. Error in the system?

Definitely sounds like a glitch in your record….but probably has a reasonable explanation if you reach out to EG

wjemather

Visit site
If you didn't have 2 rounds on the same day, then it's likely that one of the 20 shown is an unacceptable score and the 21st is actually the 20th counting score.

Edit: just checked and score number 4 on your record (from 7 March, not displayed on the graph) is marked as match play, so unacceptable. I assume this was done by your club due to 2 holes (17 & 18) not being played, so you'll need to take it up with them if there is an error.

Last edited:

Mandofred

Visit site
Checked with the pro....he didn't seem to know what was going on either. It would seem to me that if a score isn't ok....then it wouldn't be a counter anyway and the club shouldn't have allowed that to be a qualifying score. One of these was evidently off winter tees.

1714656086496.png

wjemather

Visit site
Checked with the pro....he didn't seem to know what was going on either. It would seem to me that if a score isn't ok....then it wouldn't be a counter anyway and the club shouldn't have allowed that to be a qualifying score. One of these was evidently off winter tees.
Your handicap committee is your first point of contact with any handicapping queries. It would be unusual for the pro to be on that committee or be sufficiently knowledgeable about the handicap system to know what is going on or troubleshoot anything on the system.

Your club haven't allowed it to be a "qualifying" score - they have intentionally marked it as match play on the system in order to achieve that, but this is only visible on the admin portal, along with a symbol instead of the score differential to highlight the score as not acceptable.
1714658641245.png

Being off winter tees doesn't automatically mean scores are not acceptable for handicapping. The winter tees at your course are rated, so there would need to be a good reason (e.g. exceptionally poor conditions) for scores from these tees to be made unacceptable.

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site

View attachment 53109

Don't you just love golf that you can go from shooting 93 to 73 just 5 days apart.