Is there a scratch player in you ??

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i agree. css is max 3 each way? is that correct? people play the pga and it adds 6 or 7 shots to their usual card. i played a comp recently and come second out of 160 people. i only hit 4 fairways. on my home course i would have scored significantly higher. about 15 shots higher.

Exactly, only have to look at the results for players on The Derby and then compare them to same players' away results on 'proper' courses

* disclaimer - no insult intended by saying 'proper'

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think so, unless like some people have already said I all of a sudden have the money and time to get a good coach and play lots and practice lots, then I might be bale to. Been stuck playing off 3 for the last couple of years and even though I can break par on the odd day, I can't do it consistently enough to have a 0 or plus handicap. I have hit my level I think and more than happy to be where I am and certainly not going to beat myself up and stop enjoying golf trying to get to scratch.

I play regularly with scratch and + players and the difference between them and me feels a mile away, even though they are only a few shots better on handicap. I do have days when I nearly beat my superstar friend (+3), but he always just pips me by a shot or 2. Gets expensive always having to buy after round drinks, but I would prefer to do this than make him buy the drinks because he gave me shots.