Is Rory done?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at the final singles on Sunday.. you can almost discount Rors (and Poults).. 9-10 points are in contention. You would never dream of saying something like that. Hope this fires him up and he wins 5&4

Visit site
He looks very flat at the Ryder Cup, very negative looking body language. Hope all is OK with him.

He made comments pre-Olympics about not feeling a strong affinity to Ireland or Great Britain, and I half wonder if he doesn't feel much of an affinity with Europe either. He lives and works in the US, his fiancee is American. Doesn't seem like a particularly 'proud' person and that lack of passion shines through in his body language at this Ryder Cup to be honest.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He made comments pre-Olympics about not feeling a strong affinity to Ireland or Great Britain, and I half wonder if he doesn't feel much of an affinity with Europe either. He lives and works in the US, his fiancee is American. Doesn't seem like a particularly 'proud' person and that lack of passion shines through in his body language at this Ryder Cup to be honest.

He also said that he has more of an affinity to England/gb than Ireland, and that he enjoyed being ‘part of something bigger’ during the olympics.

He’s not quite lived up to those early career expectations, but he’s still a fantastic player and one who will probably win another major or 2.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With all the criticism he's had there would be a certain irony if Rory notched the only Europe point in singles.

30 minutes ago, Rory, Poulter & Fitzpatrick were the only players showing any European points. I had a little chuckle to myself in mind of the expert opinion offered on this forum. :D