Is Rory done?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Superb interview from Rory there. In any sport or walk of life, things don’t always go to plan or work out as expected, but his commitment cannot be questioned. Brilliant stuff.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've never seen Rory that rattled, not even after he threw away the Masters. Think that was a build up of pressure and frustration right there. He knows better than anyone how poorly he played this week

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would think that they have all tried their hardest to win this week every time they have teed it up. Just like we do when we play in the weekly medal. The Americans have just wanted it more.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I would think that they have all tried their hardest to win this week every time they have teed it up. Just like we do when we play in the weekly medal. The Americans have just wanted it more.

dont agree with this last statement at all, nothing to do with wanting it more, but to do with being betters golfers and playing better golf on a course that suited better for me

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I expect that interview shows there is something personal going on in the background. I’ve no doubt that reflects how much he cares about the Ryder Cup, just think it’s a release of more emotion that he’s been having to bottle up.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The US team have simply played better in every session. I'm sure the Europeans were up for it and desperately wanted to win, but sometimes you just have to accept the other team were just too good.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He made comments pre-Olympics about not feeling a strong affinity to Ireland or Great Britain, and I half wonder if he doesn't feel much of an affinity with Europe either. He lives and works in the US, his fiancee is American. Doesn't seem like a particularly 'proud' person and that lack of passion shines through in his body language at this Ryder Cup to be honest.
Think his interview well and truly punctured this point.
He just isn't playing nat his best which has happened to a lot of golfers.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Does amuse me that there are people who struggle to break 90 picking apart Rory's game ?

So if someone struggles to break 90 they can’t offer an opinion on how Rory is playing? Dont talk rubbish, it’s plain to see he isn’t the same player that he was in 2014.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
So if someone struggles to break 90 they can’t offer an opinion on how Rory is playing? Dont talk rubbish, it’s plain to see he isn’t the same player that he was in 2014.

Didn't say anyone couldn't offer an opinion, so put your handbag away.

I said it amuses me.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Utter rubbish.
Just because you are a better player doesn’t mean that you can turn up and win. You still need the desire, especially at the level these players are at. Lots on here have slagged Poulter off this weekend and gave him no chance today, but he has just gone 3 up as he WANTS to keep his singles record intact.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Just because you are a better player doesn’t mean that you can turn up and win. You still need the desire, especially at the level these players are at. Lots on here have slagged Poulter off this weekend and gave him no chance today, but he has just gone 3 up as he WANTS to keep his singles record intact.
Ah so the other Europeans just didn’t want to win. Thanks. I thought it was about ability and form but really it’s about desire. In-depth analysis. Cheers.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
In a strange way perhaps the experience of this weekend will end up being a positive for him going forward. It could be a total reset of his goals, plans, game, etc and a new focus on bagging some more majors

I still believe there's another big burst left in him at some period over the next 8-10 years where he could pick up another 4 or 5 majors