Is Rory done?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rors has been my fav since he burst on the scene. He has made the money. On his day, he is a treat to watch.

…. But I haven’t seen ‘his day’ for years. Watching him standing on top of a 10 feet putt at the Ryder cup.. you now expect him to miss. Alas he does not disappoint.

Are his best days behind him? I hope not..

D

Deleted member 1147

He’ll never win again…he’s a busted flush…can’t putt, can’t chip, iron play is poor and driving is woeful…should just pack up and go home

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Forgetting today, he just isn't as good as he was 5 or 6 years ago. I would love to see him get that form back, but I cannot see it happening.

Still an unbelievable player.

He struggles to put four good rounds together, has done for a long time. You’d still fancy him to perform in a Ryder Cup though.

But today has been shockingly bad so far.

www.hiltonpark.net
He got a new coach part way through the season, I think he'll be looking bed a lot of his ideas over the winter. He improved his putting massively over the last few years and if he can tighten his approach play he'll be back.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wanted to be Tiger, but looking more like another Westwood (with no disrespect to any of these players)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’d say there are better players than him now.
Never lived up to the expectation of him IMO.
Can see him getting the odd win.
He’s not done bad for himself tho ? ? ?

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Even Rory has said that maybe he has played his best golf when he won his majors, if he is thinking like that I’d suggest he’s done.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think he's other priorities now like family life and maybe that's not a bad thing either, bit of perspective in life and realising golf isn't everything. Think he's very happy in his life away from golf

Once his kid gets a bit older I think he'll come with another burst and refocus on his game and pick up another few majors

Some top sports men who focus solely on their sports end up messed up in their personal life and in latter years in retirement so maybe Rory has the correct balance

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
I wonder if it would have been different had he stayed with Titleist when Nike came knocking and he chased the mega money deals?