Is a scratch player not as good as 20 years ago ?

Visit site
Not got to scratch, would love to but think times running out for me. But it would be interesting to see these young lads who are scratch or better now, play with persimmon woods, Balata balls, and the thin knife blades that were kicking around before the explosion of the TM metal head driver and big Bertha.. See if they could play to their hc.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not got to scratch, would love to but think times running out for me. But it would be interesting to see these young lads who are scratch or better now, play with persimmon woods, Balata balls, and the thin knife blades that were kicking around before the explosion of the TM metal head driver and big Bertha.. See if they could play to their hc.
Patrick is the man to ask, he's decent a low h/c player who plays a few hickory comps .(y)

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I learned to play golf with old blades and old wooden clubs when I was a kid in the 90's early 2000's and actually liked them. Prefer the older titanium drivers aswell as the heads were smaller and found them easy to hit off the deck and hit draws with. Loved that old taylormade 300 series driver I had

Visit site
I learned to play golf with old blades and old wooden clubs when I was a kid in the 90's early 2000's and actually liked them. Prefer the older titanium drivers aswell as the heads were smaller and found them easy to hit off the deck and hit draws with. Loved that old taylormade 300 series driver I had
Still got my RAM persimmon woods, I should re grip and take them out for a spin. You can't beat the feel or sound of an old wooden driver