Intermittent fasting

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played an hour of squash today. It was the first time I was trying it. What a sport and how hard it is to play it. Trying to get the ball warmed up took 15 mins. Played 4 matches + rallies where my friends showed me the ropes. At the end of the session.. my avg heart rate for the session was > 80% my max heart rate!

Brutal. But loved it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played an hour of squash today. It was the first time I was trying it. What a sport and how hard it is to play it. Trying to get the ball warmed up took 15 mins. Played 4 matches + rallies where my friends showed me the ropes. At the end of the session.. my avg heart rate for the session was > 80% my max heart rate!

Brutal. But loved it.
Squash is a beast of a sport. It's a sport where your opponent only has to be a little better than you and they're standing still and you are running around like a headless chicken. My dad destroys me each time ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Squash is a beast of a sport. It's a sport where your opponent only has to be a little better than you and they're standing still and you are running around like a headless chicken. My dad destroys me each time ?

I realised that today. One of the guys is a big lad but he is also the most experienced one. He was teaching me and giving tips. I realised he hardly moved while I was the headless one. At the end of the hour they had to carry me out.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I realised that today. One of the guys is a big lad but he is also the most experienced one. He was teaching me and giving tips. I realised he hardly moved while I was the headless one. At the end of the hour they had to carry me out.

Fat guy I used to work with was a teenage county player. He regularly wiped the floor with me without moving from the T. Like a lot of things, energy and muscle do not win!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sorry buddy but that's simply not true. When I take on new clients this is exactly the type of garbage I have to put up with
Metabolism come in three parts
NEAT (look it up)
THERMIC EFFECT OF FOOD
BASAL METABOLIC RATE.
In the final analysis nothing can override the entropy of the body, A property of thermodynamics which governs the whole of energy and matter in the universe, also applies to life.
Despite all the health advice about losing weight, nothing works.
All you need to do is eat less.

What happens in America despite all the diet and exercise culture happens here.

https://www.healthline.com/health/obesity-facts

It already has of course.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Fat guy I used to work with was a teenage county player. He regularly wiped the floor with me without moving from the T. Like a lot of things, energy and muscle do not win!
I knew a guy similarly shaped. A Grade squash player and very good Tennis player - especially Doubles. My regular Club Mixed partner was very big too. She was probably quicker around the court than I was, though not for long. She and her 2 similarly shaped sisters played Netball to County level!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In the final analysis nothing can override the entropy of the body, A property of thermodynamics which governs the whole of energy and matter in the universe, also applies to life.
Despite all the health advice about losing weight, nothing works.
All you need to do is eat less.

What happens in America despite all the diet and exercise culture happens here.

https://www.healthline.com/health/obesity-facts

It already has of course.
:poop::poop::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Whatever happened to 3 modest meals a day at regular intervals?
You hardly ever saw an overweight person and there were no gyms to speak of and no park runs.
Gyms now in every high street next door to McD or KFC.
Could there be a connection there?

You guys seem to be quite happy with American food culture.
Like 24 hour burger and chicken bars.
Whatever happened to a good night's sleep?
Nothing could be more harmful to your health than perhaps smoking and drinking to excess.
Supersized food portions is not what your body is meant for.

Your body is a chemical composition and in scientific terms its purpose is to hydrogenate carbon dioxide.
Life is only an extension of chemistry and the only animal species that eat to excess is us, the inappropriately named Homo sapiens.
Human evolution cannot benefit by the present food and drink culture.

Now that blue Monday is over...

Every year, the third Monday of January is dubbed “Blue Monday”. The theory goes that this is the time of year when we're all cold, broke and riddled with guilt that our new year's resolutions to get fit, drink less alcohol, and be a better human being have fallen by the wayside.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You hardly ever saw an overweight person and there were no gyms to speak of and no park runs.

Nothing could be more harmful to your health than perhaps smoking and drinking to excess.

Your body is a chemical composition and in scientific terms its purpose is to hydrogenate carbon dioxide.
Life is only an extension of chemistry and the only animal species that eat to excess is us, the inappropriately named Homo sapiens.

Every year, the third Monday of January is dubbed “Blue Monday”. The theory goes that this is the time of year when we're all cold, broke and riddled with guilt that our new year's resolutions to get fit, drink less alcohol, and be a better human being have fallen by the wayside.
Ok, I'll bite!

Life in the past was very different from today so trying to just blame the type/amount of food is very narrow minded. In the past, jobs were much more physical, not as many people owned cars (never mind multi car households) so people walked more, kids didn't have games consoles so played outside more, etc.

You seem to be hell bent on preaching that diets don't work, but then continually state that people eat the wrong things/too much. What people eat is known as their diet, therefore changing your diet affects your weight. It may not be what is officially known as a diet but changing to healthier food is changing their diet. What you are spouting is contradicting your whole argument.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

What happened to catching and growing your own food. Bring that back and people would soon be thin again.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Life in the past was very different from today so trying to just blame the type/amount of food is very narrow minded. In the past, jobs were much more physical, not as many people owned cars (never mind multi car households) so people walked more, kids didn't have games consoles so played outside more, etc.
Yet they didn't need to eat exotic foods from the likes of India and China to survive.
Their kids weren't junk fed to shut them up.
They also spoke to each other face to face.
They weren't chatting on mobile phones for hours a day.
They didn't have the mental health issues we have today.
They weren't living on anti-depressants.
They were more likely to be happier, even during wartime.
I don't think anybody now will be talking about the good old days of the 2020's.

You seem to be hell bent on preaching that diets don't work, but then continually state that people eat the wrong things/too much. What people eat is known as their diet, therefore changing your diet affects your weight. It may not be what is officially known as a diet but changing to healthier food is changing their diet. What you are spouting is contradicting your whole argument.
I'm saying that according to all studies made promoted diets like Atkins do not work. Atkins himself was overweight when he passed away.
In the past people ate what was available. They did not have supply lines to source food from all over the world.
All of your ancestors managed to reproduce and many were likely to have survived famine.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yet they didn't need to eat exotic foods from the likes of India and China to survive.
I don't think anybody now will be talking about the good old days of the 2020's.

I'm saying that according to all studies made promoted diets like Atkins do not work. Atkins himself was overweight when he passed away.
In the past people ate what was available. They did not have supply lines to source food from all over the world.
All of your ancestors managed to reproduce and many were likely to have survived famine.

All individually valid points in the first section... but am I allowed to say,... I have no clue of what you are trying to say here.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Apart from the Atkins point, more irrelevant, unprovable drivel!

As for the Atkins bit...that 'diet' was highly criticised by knowledgeable folk at the time and is no longer actively promoted.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been to the year 3000. Not much has changed, but we live underwater.

Can you check the archieves and find out who wins the PL in 2022... i want to put some money on it..
If I win, I will go to McD for a big meal.. (but i promise to get a Diet Pepsi along with my Triple Big Mac)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Apart from the Atkins point, more irrelevant, unprovable drivel!
As for the Atkins bit...that 'diet' was highly criticised by knowledgeable folk at the time and is no longer actively promoted.
When are you going to actually say something and provide evidence that it works?

Maybe you are a Gary Taubes fan. He is also supposed to know it all and even encourages you to eat fat.
That should be great news for many folks here.
But looking at his profile, I doubt it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Taubes