Intermittent fasting

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
When are you going to actually say something and provide evidence that it works?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm not interested in any of the scheme those money grabbing proselytising quacks try to push. And the same goes for your (less than) half truth twaddle too! You are all potentially dangerous!:eek:

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
When are you going to actually say something and provide evidence that it works?

Maybe you are a Gary Taubes fan. He is also supposed to know it all and even encourages you to eat fat.
That should be great news for many folks here.
But looking at his profile, I doubt it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Taubes
Shows how little you know. After months of keto diet (eating 70% fat). I lost 2 stone and every marker from cholesterol, blood pressure to hormone stability was the best its ever been. You are simply chucking random crap out about a subject you clearly now nothing about.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Shows how little you know. After months of keto diet (eating 70% fat). I lost 2 stone and every marker from cholesterol, blood pressure to hormone stability was the best its ever been. You are simply chucking random crap out about a subject you clearly now nothing about.
I'd suggest 'just enough to be dangerous' would be a better description!
I trust your overall health is being monitored by 'experts' though - including 'traditional' ones. Any such dramatic change from the norm - including rapid weight loss or dietary change - normally has some 'side-effects' that can be tricky to correct/adjust to, or even identify if the change is dramatically positive. And any 'coaches' can get too single-minded about the 'new way' to the detriment of checking 'general' health.
I hope it continues to work well for you.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd suggest 'just enough to be dangerous' would be a better description!
I trust your overall health is being monitored by 'experts' though - including 'traditional' ones. Any such dramatic change from the norm - including rapid weight loss or dietary change - normally has some 'side-effects' that can be tricky to correct/adjust to, or even identify if the change is dramatically positive. And any 'coaches' can get too single-minded about the 'new way' to the detriment of checking 'general' health.
I hope it continues to work well for you.
The keto diet I done was part of a group study that I actually got paid for (only £100 a month). Two stone fat loss for a 17 stone guy (20% body fat) is nothing really. You have to remember I work in an industry where a body builder routinely drops that (easily) in a 3 month window to get on a stage. The only problems arise when body fat gets too low (sub 9% for most) this tends to have a negative effect on hormone production.
The keto diet was quite simply amazing if your purpose is fat loss. For everything else I thought it sucked balls?. Definitely not suitable for my lifestyle. Still a learning experience though. Life is just better with carbs ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
about a week and half since i started skipping breakfast... no major dramas for me. I am working from home, so i think it not putting too much strain on me,

Looks sustainable to me. If I can spin the story as saying that I am reducing food carbon miles and reducing deforestaion of the Amazon by skipping breakfast.. then I can get some ESG points at work too.. Win-Win-Win

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
about a week and half since i started skipping breakfast... no major dramas for me. I am working from home, so i think it not putting too much strain on me,

Looks sustainable to me. If I can spin the story as saying that I am reducing food carbon miles and reducing deforestaion of the Amazon by skipping breakfast.. then I can get some ESG points at work too.. Win-Win-Win
There's considerable evidence that skipping breakfast doesn't help weight loss and can actually be 'detrimental' to health.
Better imo, to reduce 'lunch' than eliminate breakfast, though certainly change from 'full English' to something smaller - a bowl of porridge for example.

Btw. If you don't have breakfast, doesn't lunch become 'breakfast' anyway? :):rolleyes::giggle:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There's considerable evidence that skipping breakfast doesn't help weight loss and can actually be 'detrimental' to health.
Better imo, to reduce 'lunch' than eliminate breakfast, though certainly change from 'full English' to something smaller - a bowl of porridge for example.

Btw. If you don't have breakfast, doesn't lunch become 'breakfast' anyway? :):rolleyes::giggle:

No.. becuase i have a full english as my brunch :)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site

Keto diet is dangerous and unsustainable.

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/fo...ss-articles/ketogenic-diet-what-are-the-risks

How did you ever get to being 17 stone. What is your BMI?
I weigh a little over 9 stone and my BMI is 21.5.
I don't need to take lessons in how little I know about eating.

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/fo...ss-articles/ketogenic-diet-what-are-the-risks

This report says Keto is safe and good for you
https://www.getthegloss.com/news/fast-800-keto-diet-dr-michael-mosley-explains#
Just goes to prove that you can confirm any argument on the internet!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I was wondering this. I always heard that 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day' due to it kicking off your metabolism or something.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

ALL Diets CAN be dangerous! The danger simply needs to be recognised and avoided/worked around.
I agree about the (lack of) sustainability though.
I dont need to take lessons in how little I know about eating.
FTFY!

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

A friend of mine went onto Keto and lost considerable weight. He was a pain when he was on it, because of the things he would eat. He is now off it but sticks to good food habits. Havent gained his old self yet.
He woould only drink neat Whiskey while on it, becase it has zero cals

D

Deleted member 16999

Didn't they just eat whatever they could hunt or gather and generally die in their late 20s?
Some must of survived and procreated or we wouldn’t being having this discussion;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Was that not paleo?
What prehistoric/paleolithic humans consumed was indeed what they could hunt and gather. But that doesn't mean it was the best diet for them, simply the easist to obtain. And if you look at the evolutionary development of humans, particularly size, over millenia, it demonstrates that availability of food via farming/production cf hunting/gathering has been one of major contributors to that development.