• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If Scotland goes independent and joins the EU, so no longer independent ironically, then they will trade with the UK under the same terms as the rest of the EU nations. Countries are not allowed independent trade deals so if tariffs exist between the EU and the UK then they will exist between Scotland and the UK.

You need to stop referring to England. The UK is a combination of countries. I know that suits the story but it is inaccurate and misleading.

The UK is two countries, once Scotland leaves England will be the only country left.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Timing is more to do with the Scottish Parliament dates and manifesto pledges.

The scared people are the ones trying to delay it.
2014....27% support.......go ahead by all means.
2017....46% support........oh haud on a moment that's no fair.
46%? So a minority then?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm presuming you are trying to be cute, Wales being a principality for example. I give them a bit more respect. There are four countries in the UK and if one of them leaves then there will be three. The UK will carry on nicely.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isn't all this a Sturgeon fantasy? I know the A50 thread has taken some stick but at least that is actually happening. As far as I am aware indyref2 isn't.

U

User62651

it is a good point, lets all leave this thread until Wednesday when the Holyrood vote is done and dusted, see how that goes first. This thread has followed the other political threads into an accusatory sniping contest...."you hate..., no I don't, yes you do" pantomime as usual to the point of most of us dropping out of any reasonable debate.:confused: