• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How can that be? The current demand is all because the UK is leaving the EU. To suggest they wouldn't apply staggers me. (I'm not saying you are not correct because I am not hearing opinion up in Scotland, it just seems contradictory to the claimed reason for the vote.)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
How can that be? The current demand is all because the UK is leaving the EU. To suggest they wouldn't apply staggers me. (I'm not saying you are not correct because I am not hearing opinion up in Scotland, it just seems contradictory to the claimed reason for the vote.)

The vote is more to do with SNP mantra rather than Brexit which is good enough reason for them to wait.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the key phrase from the SNP is access to the single market. Whether this is achieved as a full member of the EU or in some other way is yet to be determined.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

Brexit is just a pretext for another indyref.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
She wants access to the single market, not necessarily joining the EU.

If that is the case and the UK government manages to negotiate access to the single market as part of the Brexit talks does that mean the SNP will drop their call for a second referendum?

Initially Sturgeons statements were all about Scotland being taken out of the EU against their will. Now she's changed that to wanting access to the single market and not necessarily joining the EU. It almost as though she's making it up as she goes.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If that is the case and the UK government manages to negotiate access to the single market as part of the Brexit talks does that mean the SNP will drop their call for a second referendum?

Initially Sturgeons statements were all about Scotland being taken out of the EU against their will. Now she's changed that to wanting access to the single market and not necessarily joining the EU. It almost as though she's making it up as she goes.

No, she is just trying her best to avoid the obvious disaster that a UK Brexit would mean for Scotland.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are England going to ban an independent Scotland from trading them. naw:lol:
No but we may decide on a hard Scotch Eggsit and apply trade tariffs and restrictions on free movement and £60 Billion exit fees and no guarantee of residency for Scott Nationalists and so on. Surely we wpuld want to punish them for leaving us, that's the way it's done apparently.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are England going to ban an independent Scotland from trading them. naw:lol:

If Scotland goes independent and joins the EU, so no longer independent ironically, then they will trade with the UK under the same terms as the rest of the EU nations. Countries are not allowed independent trade deals so if tariffs exist between the EU and the UK then they will exist between Scotland and the UK.

You need to stop referring to England. The UK is a combination of countries. I know that suits the story but it is inaccurate and misleading.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No but we may decide on a hard Scotch Eggsit and apply trade tariffs and restrictions on free movement and £60 Billion exit fees and no guarantee of residency for Scott Nationalists and so on. Surely we wpuld want to punish them for leaving us, that's the way it's done apparently.

You are just being silly now, not like you to have a smart answer.;)