• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
According to a Labour Lord, if Scotland gain independence and Labour are elected [I know:lol:] the rUK will not trade with then.

Anyone any idea how rUK Labour will replace the £48.5 billion gap that would leave in their economy:confused:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
According to a Labour Lord, if Scotland gain independence and Labour are elected [I know:lol:] the rUK will not trade with then.

Anyone any idea how rUK Labour will replace the £48.5 billion gap that would leave in their economy:confused:
Buy stuff from other countries I guess. Ireland, Japan, India and Canada do reasonable whiskies. I think there is a bakery in Milton Keynes that do a passable Tartan Shortbread as well.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Buy stuff from other countries I guess. Ireland, Japan, India and Canada do reasonable whiskies. I think there is a bakery in Milton Keynes that do a passable Tartan Shortbread as well.

So they might in your opinion, but life's too short to drink "reasonable" whiskies; either drink the proper stuff or don't bother.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So they might in your opinion, but life's too short to drink "reasonable" whiskies; either drink the proper stuff or don't bother.
I like whisky and at a recent Whisky evening we had six good ones to try without knowing which we were drinking. The top one was an Indian and the third was Japanese. Second was an 18 year Glenomorangie.

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK.
There is a bakery in Milton Keynes that do a passable Tartan Shortbread and Ireland, Japan, India and Canada do reasonable whiskies. There you are the other way round :thup:

For the second time of asking, why don't you simply try to answer the question.
I shall repeat it for clarity.

A senior Labour politician threatens to cease trade with an independent Scotland.
If this happens how will rUK plug the £48.5b gap in THEIR budget.
Clue.......goods outwards NOT inwards.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
For the second time of asking, why don't you simply try to answer the question.
I shall repeat it for clarity.

A senior Labour politician threatens to cease trade with an independent Scotland.
If this happens how will rUK plug the £48.5b gap in THEIR budget.
Clue.......goods outwards NOT inwards.

Doon, maybe have a second look at who exports to who. Scotland exports £49bn to the rest of the UK, and the rest of the UK exports £62bn to Scotland. By only painting half the picture it looks like you are putting in a bit of spin.

As to the numpty Labour Lord, Project Fear starting early.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Doon, maybe have a second look at who exports to who. Scotland exports £49bn to the rest of the UK, and the rest of the UK exports £62bn to Scotland. By only painting half the picture it looks like you are putting in a bit of spin.

As to the numpty Labour Lord, Project Fear starting early.

Yes....I was aware of the difference but in error put the lower figure in instead of the higher £62bn.
Not putting any spin on it, just a curious rhetorical question as to how rUk would fund the now £62bn loss.

Last edited: