Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I did it using your formula and based it on the last election. But seeing as you have your crystal ball to hand, how do you know the numbers of supporters for the major parties and how they voted? And how does that then give you a number for the real of closet supporters?

Two major parties were pretty much split? That's news to me, as all the political commentators agree that that a greater percentage of Labour supporters voted Leave as did Remain. Which looking at the closeness of the vote suggests that more Tories voted Remain than Leave. That blows your point out of the water.

You really do make it up as you go along don't you.

In the 2015 general election 3.9 million people voted UKIP, which was about 10% of the popular vote, but due to our first past the post electoral system they only got one MP elected. If we had a proportional representation system they could have had up to 83 MP's. In the European Parliament, where PR does apply, UKIP is actually the biggest UK Party, but to some extent that was related to a protest vote and a low turn out in the Euro Elections.

In the Brexit referendum, people did not necessarily vote along Party lines. The Labour Party estimated that about 56% of their core voters voted Remain, so Corbyn's pro-Brexit stance is a bit surprising, although I believe that he is personally a bit of a Eurosceptic.

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I saw that,
The last bastion of power for Labour in Scotland is the Local Authorities.
It now looks like that will be blown away.

It would be hellish funny if they blow whats left of their credibility by seeking alliances with the Tories.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why don't you two just ignore each other instead of bickering like two teenage school kids tit for tat ! Getting worse than the tennis match between SILH and SR.