• Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Shame.
This thread could have used a laugh.

Though I say so myself I do like the idea of EWNI having a referendum and becoming independent from the UK - and with leaving the UK, EWNI leave the EU - as desired by the EWNI electorate. Meanwhile Scotland is left all on it's lonesome in the UK; hence becomes the Westminster government and can abandon Brexit - and so Scotland stays in the EU, sorted!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Though I say so myself I do like the idea of EWNI having a referendum and becoming independent from the UK - and with leaving the UK, EWNI leave the EU - as desired by the EWNI electorate. Meanwhile Scotland is left all on it's lonesome in the UK; hence becomes the Westminster government and can abandon Brexit - and so Scotland stays in the EU, sorted!

This sounds a little bit like the PM's cunning plan.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I see Ms Jimmy is squirming today at her part in bringing the Scottish NHS to it's knees.

Well - my experience of NHS Scotland is that it provides an excellent service - and anecdotally I spoke with a 70yr old Glasgow resident of 4yrs - having moved from Lincolnshire. Her experience was that NHS Scotland is streets ahead of NHS England. No comparison she said.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is it stupid? If you are in a club you can either choose to leave or the other members can kick you out. It depends on the rule book of the club.

It is mischief making. Whoever started that off clearly had a glint in their eye.

When you reads lots of casual racism comments along the lines of kick them out or get rid of them then yes it is stupid.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well - my experience of NHS Scotland is that it provides an excellent service - and anecdotally I spoke with a 70yr old Glasgow resident of 4yrs - having moved from Lincolnshire. Her experience was that NHS Scotland is streets ahead of NHS England. No comparison she said.

It's not the treatment that's the problem it's the rigmarole you have to go through to eventually get someone who might tell if you need treatment or not.

No joke, I called for an appointment to get my tennis elbow looked at, you have to call between a 2 hour window which I did, I got an engaged tone 113 times till I got it ringing, I then went in a queue for 23 minutes and eventually got through. I was given an appointment for 4.15pm and was seen by the GP at 5.30pm. That is a shambles and indicative of many surgeries in my area.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's not the treatment that's the problem it's the rigmarole you have to go through to eventually get someone who might tell if you need treatment or not.

No joke, I called for an appointment to get my tennis elbow looked at, you have to call between a 2 hour window which I did, I got an engaged tone 113 times till I got it ringing, I then went in a queue for 23 minutes and eventually got through. I was given an appointment for 4.15pm and was seen by the GP at 5.30pm. That is a shambles and indicative of many surgeries in my area.

Doesn't sound that different to my experience of booking GP appointments down south.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Does she go down the same pub your mates go to that give you all the other duff info.

Seriously though, prior to moving across to our Oil and Gas division I managed our healthcare team in Scotland for many years. It was an absolute gem of an example of how the NHS should be run.

The mgt now is lacking control. Without a doubt frontline acute care is excellent but the finances are a mess and have been for about 4 years. Haven't a clue if that ties in with the SNP getting control...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Does she go down the same pub your mates go to that give you all the other duff info.

Seriously though, prior to moving across to our Oil and Gas division I managed our healthcare team in Scotland for many years. It was an absolute gem of an example of how the NHS should be run.

The mgt now is lacking control. Without a doubt frontline acute care is excellent but the finances are a mess and have been for about 4 years. Haven't a clue if that ties in with the SNP getting control...

Nope - she was unloading her car outside her home in Dowanhill in Glasgow - and I just stopped for a chat about living in the area - 45mins later I had much of her life story :)

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry - really not funny - and actually just rather childish and insulting to the Scottish parliament and Scottish electorate.

Whether it's funny or not is down to individual sense of humour (made me smile).

I'd love to know why this is insulting to the Scottish electorate though and the parliament (outside of Ms Sturgeon herself)!? :confused:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go on then I'll bite, how is it insulting to the Scottish parliament and Scottish electorate?

And why is it that you can post whatever you like about May, Cameron, Farage, Trump etc but as soon as someone puts up a light hearted mickey take of Queen Nicola you climb up on your high horse?