Inconsistant Driving

Wooky

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Soooo frustrating.
I can go a few rounds & drive the ball pretty well, then from nowhere I will have a meltdown with the driver.
I have to be on my game to play to my H/C (14)
So, a couple of really bad holes, especiaĺly if it's a medal just wrecks my card.
My bad shot with the driver is a power sapping fade, or occasionally (when I can least afford it) a massive high slice, which at best puts me badly out of position or even oob.

Anyway, this has been an issue for a while, so I have banished the driver to the garage.
In it's place is a 14 degree Aeroburner Mini Driver.
The ball goes as far my usual driver, but as straight as an arrow, with a good lie, I can hit it of the deck as well.
If like me you are having driver issues, give one a try, it may suprise you

PuttPuttSteve

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This may sound odd, but keep an eye on what you eat before a round. Some people are lactose intolerant (allergic to dairy products) to varying extents. The worst affected have mood swings, lose the ability to concentrate and can suffer facial swelling and stomach pains. Those mildly affected (i.e. me) lose a degree of coordination, which will have a disastrous affect on driving and long irons; less so on chips and pitches.

I did some research on this after becoming really frustrated with playing inconsistently and suspecting that food might be involved.

Have a look at this website; in particular the writing and artwork produced by kids having/not having consumed dairy products.

http://www.allergiesexplained.com/pages/Milk Effects on Brain Function.htm

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
Soooo frustrating.
I can go a few rounds & drive the ball pretty well, then from nowhere I will have a meltdown with the driver.
I have to be on my game to play to my H/C (14)
So, a couple of really bad holes, especiaĺly if it's a medal just wrecks my card.
My bad shot with the driver is a power sapping fade, or occasionally (when I can least afford it) a massive high slice, which at best puts me badly out of position or even oob.

Anyway, this has been an issue for a while, so I have banished the driver to the garage.
In it's place is a 14 degree Aeroburner Mini Driver.
The ball goes as far my usual driver, but as straight as an arrow, with a good lie, I can hit it of the deck as well.
If like me you are having driver issues, give one a try, it may suprise you

Ive tried it and bagged it..

Its an amazing club

R15 for open holes and Aeroburner tight fairways

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
My driving comes and goes when I drive well I shoot my best scores .i was having lots of driver issues so I gof fitted to a r15 in 14deg which transformed my driving but now I'm a bit more consistent swing wise ect I was getting to much height with it and spin so just changed it .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hit the range with the driver and check the basics of posture, alignment and grip and then look at ball position. Make sure it hasn't crept too far forward. If you've been hitting it reasonably before the recent issues I reckon something simple has changed

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My driving comes and goes when I drive well I shoot my best scores .i was having lots of driver issues so I gof fitted to a r15 in 14deg which transformed my driving but now I'm a bit more consistent swing wise ect I was getting to much height with it and spin so just changed it .

Similar experience with me, I bought a 16 deg SLDR mini driver a couple of years ago. Used it for about a year and kind of found a workable swing with it, gave me the confidence to eventually go back to a regular driver.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Similar experience with me, I bought a 16 deg SLDR mini driver a couple of years ago. Used it for about a year and kind of found a workable swing with it, gave me the confidence to eventually go back to a regular driver.
yep that's exactly what ive done

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This may sound odd, but keep an eye on what you eat before a round. Some people are lactose intolerant (allergic to dairy products) to varying extents. The worst affected have mood swings, lose the ability to concentrate and can suffer facial swelling and stomach pains. Those mildly affected (i.e. me) lose a degree of coordination, which will have a disastrous affect on driving and long irons; less so on chips and pitches.

I did some research on this after becoming really frustrated with playing inconsistently and suspecting that food might be involved.

Have a look at this website; in particular the writing and artwork produced by kids having/not having consumed dairy products.

http://www.allergiesexplained.com/pages/Milk Effects on Brain Function.htm

ive a feeling i must be allergic to every thing and not just dairy judging by my round on Sat:(..

OP. i have thought about it but mainly its in my head now i can;t hit the driver, went to the range 3 times last week and just hit drivers.

on Friday, i thought I'd turned the corner, got my draw back and was hitting it out the middle every time. Unfortunately once o was on the back 9, normal service returned;(

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Hit the range with the driver and check the basics of posture, alignment and grip and then look at ball position. Make sure it hasn't crept too far forward. If you've been hitting it reasonably before the recent issues I reckon something simple has changed

I agree with this as i hit only tend to hit a fade when the ball is too far forward in my stance.