In praise of AG

PuttPuttSteve

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just popped into AG for a browse and a second hand set of Mizzie MP-14s caught my eye (I'm a sucker for Mizzie blades). They were only £75 (4 - PW) so, after hitting a few balls in their fitting bay, I bought them.

Here's the good bit - the guy that took my hard-earned cash asked how they felt and I told him I would get the lies adjusted later as they were a bit too upright. He asked if I knew what adjustment I needed (I did - 2 degrees flat) then adjusted them there-and-then, free of charge.

Excellent service. :)

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I think you've broken the forum rules there and will receive an infraction soon. How dare you praise a high street golf retailer? ;)

Having said that, fair play to them.

G

guest100718

I think you've broken the forum rules there and will receive an infraction soon. How dare you praise a high street golf retailer? ;)

Having said that, fair play to them.

did they jack up the LM first so your shots went a extra 100 yards?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Just to add to that I went to my local AG today to try a Nike Vapor driver. The store manager, who I do know quite well, gave me a demo club to take onto the attached range & told me I could take it out on my course some time if I wanted to. Great offer which I may take him up on.

G

guest100718

ive bought loads from them over the years and nevr had a problem

D

Deleted member 15344

Just popped into AG for a browse and a second hand set of Mizzie MP-14s caught my eye (I'm a sucker for Mizzie blades). They were only £75 (4 - PW) so, after hitting a few balls in their fitting bay, I bought them.

Here's the good bit - the guy that took my hard-earned cash asked how they felt and I told him I would get the lies adjusted later as they were a bit too upright. He asked if I knew what adjustment I needed (I did - 2 degrees flat) then adjusted them there-and-then, free of charge.

Excellent service. :)

Some AG have guys that have been through the courses etc but as with DG some haven't yet still carry out club adjustments and fittings etc

When purchasing from AG it's mainly off the shelf but with a pro it will always include a custom fit to you free of charge.

It will be a never ending argument in regards the pros and cons of AG and the club shop pro

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a good experience when I bought my irons.

After hitting a number of shots on the tracker with my 30+ year old Wilson 7-iron, he got my to try the Wilson D200s as I knew the brand and then compared these with Calloway and Pings at around the same price point. He checked lie angle, where I was hitting the ball on the face, got me to try a hybrid and clearly explained to hit it like an iron (which has held me in good stead when I later bought one). He spent a good 75 minutes with me and I could have tried more if I wanted to. Very pleased with the service.

I went for the D200s in the end as I felt more in control with them. They had a touch more weight than the other clubs and after having played, albeit only a couple of times a year, with much heavier clubs I felt that these suited me better.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
NO complaints with AG from me, bought my Motocaddy electric trolley, accessories and matching bag and got given a very nice reduction in price without asking.