If you could play one of round golf who would it be with and why

Range_Ball

Club Champion
Visit site
Don't know if this as been done as a thread but if you could play one round of golf who would it be with and why?

For me it would have to have been SEVE just to see some of the amazing shots that he could hit and maybe teach me something about the short game.

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
Such a hard question, Hogan, Nicklaus, Player, Woods...... If it was make a 4 ball then it would be a little easier?!

If I had to pick one person then I'd have to go for Sergio! Might seem odd, especially with the names listed above, but I'd just started to get into golf when he hit that shot at Medinah in 1999 from behind the tree and was chasing Woods and i've followed him ever since and is my golfing hero (Everone has one - Probably another post) Fingers crossed this year is his major break through year!!

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My Dad aswell, I have never played a round of golf with him, in 2 years of playing, he always says he will but cancels due to work. I know most of the other juniors on here will say Tiger etc, just like mono, but I have different asperations.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It would have to be Padraig Harrington for me. I've only been into golf for about eight months so I've seen a lot of "Paddy". He seems like a top fella and from what I've read/heard, he would talk to me plenty on the way round!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think I'd like to have a round with Lorena Ochoa. I'm sure she could teach me more that any of the men, and she's a lot prettier.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If my dad was still here it would be him as we never really did it enough. Of the pros I think Seve just for the wow factor but I'd also like to have a game with Mark Roe and get him to give me some on course short game tips

T

thecraw

Payne Stewart, that man was a gentleman and had so much more to give the game. Flair and passion as well as an awesome putting touch.

Great man RIP.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
My uncle who past away a few years back, was a major in the army and captured and shot a few times in WW2 and was a true gent. I never knew about any of his war heroics untill he past away and freinds spoke at the funeral.

He was a member at Royal PorthCawl, and a decent golfer. I never played golf when he was around but wish I had, he is my pick.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you mean anybody or noted pro's? Pro's would be difficult for me as there are many reasons I could come up with for quite a few players but I will have a go..

Faldo, in his prime was the best golfer of his era by far, also maybe get his take on RC captaincy first hand. :D

The Shark because he is a great man(not just in golf) a great teacher and although he was often Mr Nearly in golf, his achievements sit nicely alongside histories best.

Peter Alliss (spelling?) for his knowledge of the game, his memories and his humour, not to mention his golfing ability.

Big Jack whom I followed for many years and inspired me no end.

Seve because hes just a great man, great golfer and probably the best shot creator and recovery artist the game has seen.

Garcia because he is truely a great golfer and if he can sort the putting issue out would be perfection to watch.