I told you I'm not buying new clubs!

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The TM-B's look sooooooooooo nice, and shiny too.

I went for the AP 1, they were easy to hit, look gorgeous and the 7 iron was carrying over 160 yards rolling out to about 175 yards

Alright mate I done the same as you- went back from AP2 and tried both AP1 and AP3 and although the AP3 were much sexier looking they didn't feel as nice when you hit, or make as nice a sound.

Carry was similar 160.8 on Trackman with Roll out to 173.5.... Like FD says though I do take the RO with a pinch of salt. Only been able to play a few games with them and at my home track(parkland) was getting about 3-4 yards roll out with 8 iron even though TM said would be 9 yards then went to Muirfield and the roll out was massive due to their fast links greens which obviously the low spin make up of them isn't ideal for as you're usually having to land short and roll on.

Just knowing your carry then knowing what it's gonna do at the other end is the key- easily gonna be a better club for me than AP2.

Also feel so much more confident with AP1 as know if I don't hit it as well I'll probably still get there distance-wise unless it's an absolute chunk.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Last I read you had got single length irons and was enjoying reading about them, then this. You need to see a pro and I don't mean a golf pro:D

Your post made me chuckle this frosty morning, thanks Chris:thup:

You're so "last week" Darren

my thoughts exactly.

you must have had 5 sets in the last few years

Doesn't everyone?

Alright mate I done the same as you- went back from AP2 and tried both AP1 and AP3 and although the AP3 were much sexier looking they didn't feel as nice when you hit, or make as nice a sound.

Carry was similar 160.8 on Trackman with Roll out to 173.5.... Like FD says though I do take the RO with a pinch of salt. Only been able to play a few games with them and at my home track(parkland) was getting about 3-4 yards roll out with 8 iron even though TM said would be 9 yards then went to Muirfield and the roll out was massive due to their fast links greens which obviously the low spin make up of them isn't ideal for as you're usually having to land short and roll on.

Just knowing your carry then knowing what it's gonna do at the other end is the key- easily gonna be a better club for me than AP2.

Also feel so much more confident with AP1 as know if I don't hit it as well I'll probably still get there distance-wise unless it's an absolute chunk.

I hope I find the same, or I might have to buy some more ................. gee the wife might kill me!

More like the last year.....:whistle:

I've had my current set for absolutely ages - well 18 months I guess, they don't last forever you know!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Chris, did you buy the one lengths online?
Any issues returning them?

To purchase, I had to talk to them, so in the end we sorted things over the phone. They told me they had a 14 day returns deal and their web site requires you to speak to them first before returning stuff. They emailed me a DPD label and I returned them on Thursday, my latest tracking said they will arrive there on Monday - I'm assuming all will be ok

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To purchase, I had to talk to them, so in the end we sorted things over the phone. They told me they had a 14 day returns deal and their web site requires you to speak to them first before returning stuff. They emailed me a DPD label and I returned them on Thursday, my latest tracking said they will arrive there on Monday - I'm assuming all will be ok

Happy Days, so should be no issues.

Mind me asking what shop?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you want new clubs and can afford them, buy them, as you really do not know what is around the corner. I post this from my hospital bed.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks chaps.

It’s a consequence of the chemo I’m having for my lymphoma. I have no immune system and caught a bug so here I am having antibiotics pumped in to me.

Can’t wait to get my nearly new AP2s back into action next spring.

Great to see you have a positive attitude 😁

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Thanks chaps.

It’s a consequence of the chemo I’m having for my lymphoma. I have no immune system and caught a bug so here I am having antibiotics pumped in to me.

Can’t wait to get my nearly new AP2s back into action next spring.

Try and keep your chin up.
It’s too cold for golf anyway