I told you I'm not buying new clubs!

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The TM-B's look sooooooooooo nice, and shiny too.

I went for the AP 1, they were easy to hit, look gorgeous and the 7 iron was carrying over 160 yards rolling out to about 175 yards

Serious question. Would you not consider 15 yards of roll out as a negative with a 7 iron? Was this due to the lower spin, or low flight?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Serious question. Would you not consider 15 yards of roll out as a negative with a 7 iron? Was this due to the lower spin, or low flight?

The AP1 are low spin and high flight, the average roll out was about 10 yards on Flightscope and I reckon I'll soon get used to the numbers

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The AP1 are low spin and high flight, the average roll out was about 10 yards on Flightscope and I reckon I'll soon get used to the numbers

Still seems a lot of roll for a 7 iron coming in on a high flight, but as you say, as long as it's consistent, you can work with it. I'm still jealous, but I daren't go and try them! ;)

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You go for it mate. Twinman must be rubbing his hands together thinking about the club shop he will be bequeathed 😜😜👍

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I probably over did the guesstimate, as I said the carry was 160+ and the roll out up to 175, so I say about 7 to 8 yards on average - I agreed a gapping session when they arrive so I should have the accurate numbers through the bag then

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

I take the roll out numbers on launch monitors with a pinch of salt. I was hitting on flightscope recently and getting similar rollout figures on shots that were visibly just coming down and stopping.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I take the roll out numbers on launch monitors with a pinch of salt. I was hitting on flightscope recently and getting similar rollout figures on shots that were visibly just coming down and stopping.

I tested the 7 iron against my own one and got a consistent 10 yards extra so I'm happy that it's a positive change. I'll get the real numbers when I can hit through the bag but I could see that it was really long

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're not safe to be let out.

That said, the irons I have in the bag is the longest I've had a set for about 5 years. They've been in the bag since the end of Jan.

I've convinced HID that the Titliest T-MB's would look nice in the bag, and I'm nailing the 3 iron. Now I'm fighting spending the money. I need to be sensible and go and get a full fitting session then choose what clubs are right, not buy a set because they look nice.

If you like the TMBs you have to try the TM P790 :thup:

I had 2 and 3 iron in TMBs, similar concept with the P790 but they just feel a million times better. I'm hugely impressed (and have never really liked TM clubs if I'm honest.......)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If you like the TMBs you have to try the TM P790 :thup:

I had 2 and 3 iron in TMBs, similar concept with the P790 but they just feel a million times better. I'm hugely impressed (and have never really liked TM clubs if I'm honest.......)

I like the look of the TM P790's but I've had 2 fittings by TM's own fitters in the last 6 years and both were rubbish. I need to find a good independent...

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the look of the TM P790's but I've had 2 fittings by TM's own fitters in the last 6 years and both were rubbish. I need to find a good independent...

True, never had a fitting by a manufacturer but went to an incredible independent fitter in the NW which was a real eye opener (who then price matched retail stores....) :thup:

I absolutely love them so worth a look if you're thinking of TMBs as similar price also.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
True, never had a fitting by a manufacturer but went to an incredible independent fitter in the NW which was a real eye opener (who then price matched retail stores....) :thup:

I absolutely love them so worth a look if you're thinking of TMBs as similar price also.

Best fitting I had by a long way was at a driving range in Warrington, out Penketh way(?).

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Titleist AP'1s should arrive within 7 days!

Chris

You have wasted your money, they are rubbishy :smirk:

Seriously tho, I have had mine for a few weeks now courtesy of GM and Titleist, I love them, my game has been pants all year but it is hopefully now improving a bit and the AP1's are definetly playing their part

Enjoy :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Chris

You have wasted your money, they are rubbishy :smirk:

Seriously tho, I have had mine for a few weeks now courtesy of GM and Titleist, I love them, my game has been pants all year but it is hopefully now improving a bit and the AP1's are definetly playing their part

Enjoy :thup:

Thanks AAC, I wish GM had donated mine but hey ho! Glad that you like them let's hope we both are here soon posting of handicap cuts 😁

D

Deleted member 21258

Titleist AP'1s should arrive within 7 days!

Last I read you had got single length irons and was enjoying reading about them, then this. You need to see a pro and I don't mean a golf pro:D

Your post made me chuckle this frosty morning, thanks Chris:thup: