I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First round of the Seniors KO today, the round where I've been knocked out the last two years!
But I've been playing well the last month or so and was reasonably confident going into the match, I won the first with a steady bogey but gave it straight back when I three putted the second while giving a shot. The third is a par 5 and with no shot I should have had the advantage but I made a complete mess of it losing to a 7 to go 1 down.

On the fourth tee I realised I was thinking too much about what my opponent was doing rather than concentrating on my own game and proceeded to play steady golf (while my opponent made a few errors along the way) and I won the next 7 holes to go 6 up after 10 and the game was almost in the bag. A solid par on the 13th and the match was over, 6&5.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. Drove it very very well. Finished with 31 points but played with two new clubs. 5 and 7 Ping 430 fairways.very nice clubs indeed.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Had a wander round Dewsbury with Jamie - my bats are in my locker at Willow Valley so just went along for the walk - still on some winter tees and greens although I suspect that will change for the weekend. Played 1 to 10, then walked down and played the 15th as there was some thunder around. 4 over for those 11 holes - decent.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out late morning today...big comp on so course closed until 11.45.
We were 1st out and picked up the back of the comp within a couple of holes and then waited on virtually every shot on the front 9.
Nowhere to go so no point being let through..just slow.
At the turn the 3 ball we were following had finished ( 2 tee start) so we thought we might get a bit of a shift on....
Yeah right..
Too many people on the course and not enough of them playing at a decent pace.
Joined up with the 2 ball behind us for the last 6 holes and played out from there.
35 points, 78 shots, replaced a dropping score with exactly the same.....no birdies but, importantly, no doubles.
A pretty solid but slow day at the office

Mandofred

Visit site
Some Yorkshire team blah blah at Ripon today so we got a consideration? round at Strensall near York today. Ripon greens are better, but Strensall has pretty dry fairways.....didn't have to clean big globs of mud off the ball every shot.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in the spring Open at Pleasington today. We were the last group out and it was down to 16 holes due to the recent weather and major works being undertaken at the course (presumably running late due to the weather).

I haven't swung a club in 10 days or so and it showed - I was 10 over through the first 7! Thankfully my partner was on his game and picked up some decent points in those holes. Through the remaining 9 holes I only dropped 4 shots with a double on the 13th.

We finished on 39 points (through 16) and was pleasantly surprised to get the win upon entering the clubhouse after the round 😎.

If I can get my driving going I feel as though I'll be in a good position for the season proper - irons and wedges feel as good as they've ever been and my driving improved through the round although I seemed to develop a scheffler shuffle on the last few drives and I was booming them! (Edit: by my standards)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
15 holes before the rain came. I have to say, given where we were only a couple of weeks ago, our greenkeeping staff have worked wonders. The front nine is looking really good, and the back is way ahead of where most right minded people thought it was going to be. The golf was half decent too.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had an enjoyable day at Old Thorns down Liphook way. Nice course with a couple of quirky holes (one not at all to my taste)…nice condition and with greens hard and running fast I scored poorly as I putted poorly. No matter. Never been before and the whole resort set up was impressive.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went down to Beau Desert yesterday for their ladies open, What a delight it was to play on a dry course and no rain either (it started just after we finished our round).
I started really well, 6 pars in the first 10 holes, but couldn't keep it going, probably down to having hardly played 18 holes for the last 6 months, sadly the same applied to the rest of my team, we scored 42 points the the front 9 but only 27 on the back!
Beau is certainly one of my favourite trips of the year, despite the long drive, which, on the way home, was horrendous with torrential rain for part of the way.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday evening with 3 mates so had a game of doubles. Started the round in about a 30mph wind coming in from the north, was freezing cold and the ball was going nowhere. Watched 2 plus golfers nail a driver then 3 wood and both still be about 20 yards short of the 420 yard 2nd hole. Luckily the wind died down to an acceptable level after maybe 10 or so holes.

I played poorly, couldn't hit the ball at all for the first 3 holes (put 2 OOB in the first 3 holes) but I did chip in with a couple of birdies later on at least. We won the match 1 up so got a free pint out of it. We also didn't realise that Wednesday night is bingo night at our new club so the clubhouse was rammed when we got in, managed to find the last 4 seats in one of the corners. I can see why the bar made a good profit last year if it's that busy every Wednesday.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
18 holes open today, 14-18 very wet, and should have been shut imo. The grass has shot up since I last played 12 days ago, course is looking pretty untidy, but it's impossible to get the machines out to give it a decent cut. Quite a few lost balls for my PPs as a result, but unusually I managed to finish with the same ball I started with. Happy enough with 32 points in the circumstances.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Last few rounds I have been driving it really really well. Some of my shots today were just so pleasing to hit. Yet some of my 30-40 yd shots into the green I was lifting up to see where it’s gone and ended up topping them. 16 points on the front nine, and 17 won it. A nearest the pin on a par 3.
But my flippin right thumb going into my wrist is painful. Feels a bit like Arthritis.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another day and yet more poor etiquette...
Went out at 10.30 due to some chores, started on the 10th, a nice comfortable 1 hrs 40 following a couple of 2 balls...
19 points, 2 over....
Get to 1st for 12.15 and the 1pm rollup has decided to go out an hour early...so now there are 4 x 3 balls in front plus one of the 2 balls we followed.
By the time we got to the 3rd tee, the 1st rollup group had reached the 6th..
The 2nd group had just left...the 4th tee.....they'd lost 2 holes in 4...pretty good going really
They were not letting anyone through..even the rest of their rollup.
Cue a 2 hour 9 holes that should have taken 90 minutes and my joints were screaming for mercy...
Finished 9 over for 33 points.
In the bar we sat overlooking the 16th green.
That 1st group came through while we sat there.
Time to go and there was no sight of anyone else
Got out to the car park and the first group had finished..Still no sign of the others
Knobs