I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Quick 9 holes tonight at LB playing with a couple of other lads who are low handicaps.

I shot a really good +1 37, which included two birdies, a silly 3 putt bogey and a putt for birdie on the last which just shaved the edge.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at Seaford Head yesterday. Beautiful day, light winds, which is unusual. Course in great condition, in fact the best I've seen it. Not a bit of mud on my shoes or trolley wheels!
Love the layout, every hole different and nice to have some run out on the fairways.
Hopefully I can put a few pics up, one of which is a great view of the Seven Sisters on the 13th hole. The other is the fantastic finishing hole - they don't get any better than this!

Attachments

• IMG-20240418-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240418-WA0000.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20240417-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240417-WA0004.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 15

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finally, 18 holes done at The Chase in Cannock. Course incredibly dry. Came off without a speck of mud on me anywhere. Played well, won my match and the team won. If you can play our course you can play anywhere.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at Seaford Head yesterday. Beautiful day, light winds, which is unusual. Course in great condition, in fact the best I've seen it. Not a bit of mud on my shoes or trolley wheels!
Love the layout, every hole different and nice to have some run out on the fairways.
Hopefully I can put a few pics up, one of which is a great view of the Seven Sisters on the 13th hole. The other is the fantastic finishing hole - they don't get any better than this!
Actually, as good as your pictures are, it doesn't convey the massive drop from there tee to the fairway on 18th. It's a massive thrill to see and hit driver into orbit. Cracking course.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Actually, as good as your pictures are, it doesn't convey the massive drop from there tee to the fairway on 18th. It's a massive thrill to see and hit driver into orbit. Cracking course.
Yeah I know what you mean, I took 3or4 pics to try and show the height.
I much prefer the Head to Blatchington any day.
I said to my playing partners that I want to go back just to play the 18th again!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
@Golfmmad - reminds me I need to get back there, great VFM and always a good day.

Had a chop around a local 9 hole with my retro set last night, think I was 6 over but I blame that on a very questionable putter and it’s chemistry with a top flight xl3000 exceptional spin (like heck it was a stone). Swapped to a xl2000 later in the round but that was just as nasty!

Always a bloody good giggle but I have to admit the 92 TM blades were a lot harder to hit than the mid 60’s pin seeker blades. I also found the older persimmon woods a lot easier to hit that the system 2 metals

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Wow looks a thrill to play the 18th Chris ,have to go there when I’m down in the summer 👍

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Friday swindle today. No mud but very windy and someone has turned the green speed up to 11. Caught me out twice causing me to three put on 11 and 12. 30 points off scratch on our tee of the day saw me finish in 3rd place and get a few ££s back. 😁

Springveldt

Visit site
Comp this morning and back on the full course with a 20mph wind into your face on what felt like 14 of the 18 holes. Real eye opener going from hitting half a wedge to a 3 hybrid into a lot of par 4's. Course is 6500 yards and it felt like over 7000 with the wind and not a lot of roll either as the fairways (not that I found many) are still lift and clean. Even short par 4's at 370 yards I was hitting driver then 3 hybrid due to the wind.

Started terribly with bogey, treble, bogey, bogey then steadied the ship with 5 pars to turn in a respectable +6. Came back in +5 :( due to missing 3 putts from within 3 foot so signed for an 83 (net 82 for handicap) so no cut and still have 3 rounds before my first counting score falls off.

I'm going to have to get used to playing in the wind as I'm not good at it just now.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Picked up my new Ping G730 irons today and had them in the bag for this afternoon’s knockabout with himself.

We didn’t put cards in, because it was quite windy on the hill and I wanted to have a play with the new irons to gauge distances etc.

Very impressed with the irons, in fact they are almost cheat sticks, even @Imurg was impressed

Very happy with my purchase, played 16 holes 31 points

Onward n upward

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
After being made to take 4 hours as a 2 ball for the last 2 days it was a breath of fresh air to go round in 3 hours and 5 minutes today...just the way it should be

Team comp this morning. An am-am, two from four. Beautiful weather, if a bit cold. We were second out at 7.40am. A whopping 4 hours, 45 minutes.

Lots of new members have joined during the last few months whilst so many courses have been shut and we’ve been largely playable, and we have always allowed groups to book tee times ahead of comps - members and visitors alike.

Alas, there are a lot of new faces who have no interest in comps, as is their right, but they have equally little interest in the world around them. They amble around the course, no urgency in anything they do, and the 4-ball which started at 7.10am set the pace, losing over two holes on the group ahead of them.

The atmosphere in the clubhouse afterwards was a little tense, shall we say. By the time half a dozen comp groups had come in their rounds were already 5+ hours. I shudder to think how long it was taking at the back of the field.

Suffice to say there was a steady stream of disgruntled members beating a path to the club manager’s office, primarily to implore him to do away with the starter and employ a course marshall instead.

No idea what we scored. It was all about survival.

Mandofred

Visit site
Medal today. Today....all the tees moved from winter tees back to the whites.....the moaning and crying around the course was invigorating. +5 through 4 holes...I'd have been better off throwing it instead of hitting it. Swing change since I had nothing to lose....+5 the rest of the way, so actually feeling ok, especially since a lot of the tees were 30-100yds further back than we've had all winter.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
First individual comp of the year, but non-qualifying placing in general area.
Drives all going absolutely nowhere after contact with the soggy sward. Stiff wind north by north-west. Tee time 8:02 and 4°C. What a long slog it seemed today.

Finished in a 5-way tie for 4th place with 35 points, but placed 7th out of the 86 entrants. (Winner 38, 2nd 36, 3rd 36)
I was one-under for the five par-3s (y) and 8-over for the other 13 holes which is not very good. (n)
Bit of pro-shop credit for me 2. :)

score 240420.jpg

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Picked up my new Ping G730 irons today and had them in the bag for this afternoon’s knockabout with himself.

We didn’t put cards in, because it was quite windy on the hill and I wanted to have a play with the new irons to gauge distances etc.

Very impressed with the irons, in fact they are almost cheat sticks, even @Imurg was impressed

Very happy with my purchase, played 16 holes 31 points

Onward n upward
I hit his U Wedge on our 16th...122 yards I think.......had to swing very smoothly with the geriatric noodle shafts but stuck it to 10 feet.
Very impressive performance
They look :poop: and sound even worse but they do exactly what they're supposed to...and they're perfect for him:ROFLMAO: