I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just back from the most brutal round of golf I've ever played .. match play against @Orikoru .. 5 down at the turn I believe it was .. managed to all square on 16.. lost 17 but then won 18 to square the match

Never been so tired after a round. Royston is on a mountain not a hill! And the wind made it very hard

How on earth I managed to finish the round is beyond me

I'm assuming you have an electric trolley. ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Swear im still out of breath now 🤣 told the kids night daddy can't come up to see you cuz I won't make it back down the stairs again lol 😭

Those hills were murder

Then again two of them could have been avoided if I didn't pull my par 3 shot onto mountain goat territory
My legs are absolutely dead. I don't know how I'll get up the four flights of stairs to my office tomorrow. 😩

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My legs are absolutely dead. I don't know how I'll get up the four flights of stairs to my office tomorrow. 😩
Royston is good fun when the wind blows.

You need to go back in August when it’s baked hard and the rough is up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Royston is good fun when the wind blows.

You need to go back in August when it’s baked hard and the rough is up.

I'd go back with a buggy. Sod walking that again. Seriously my knees are shot lol 🤣 how I managed to finish well let alone finish is remarkable

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the closest I’ve come to dying on a golf course is at Royston in the summer.

I came pretty close yesterday by the time I was walking from 15 to 16

I've somehow dragged myself out of bed to work

Hopefully by tomorrow my legs will return to be able to play again

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Some of the vigilant will have seen I posted about a new swing concept I was trying called Eureka Golf (
). No instruction just watched two videos and put it into action. The reasoning behind it being it is supposed to be better for senior golfers and those with a bad back. Tick and tick. My back has hampered my golf for the last few years and I am struggling with a "proper" turn and to play more than once or twice consecutively or to hit balls

I am only 3 weeks into this. I hit a bucket at the start to try it out and work out what I was doing. I have then played a couple of times and been just a couple of points over handicap, more down to poor chipping and putting. However, I played Saturday in the very cold and windy conditions and shot 39 points off the white tees (furthest) with two blobs, including the shortest hole courtesy of a 3 putt. Won the monthly stableford and qualified for the end of season Masters event as a comp winner (senior and midweek comps don't qualify - don't ask me why). I then went out in the usual Sunday roll yesterday with the boys and shot 40 points and still chucked a blob in. And yesterday was even colder in that north wind!!!!!

Suffice to say I am not sure this is still a honeymoon period or I have stumbled something that suits my own swing quirks honed over 45 years and not for changing at this stage. I have played Friday (just a fun team event so took the opportunity to play around with all things pitching and chipping) and both days of the weekend and while the back is tight it isn't painful.

All in all it is fair to say my golfing mojo is back and off the scale. It is a "out there" method and I was sceptical but needed to find a way to take the pressure off the lower back when swinging. I have noticed despite the strong winds and a lot of our driving holes being predominantly into the wind Arcoss is showing my average distances with all clubs has increased. Misses are not so wild and I have predominantly taken the right side out of play. A very happy (at least for now) golfer

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stood on the first tee of the second medal of the year yesterday just not wanting to be there.

Half decent straight drive, topped 7w, shank wedge provisionally lost, shanked provisional at which point I declared to PP’s that with a 5hour round looming if the prov was lost I’d NR and walk in. Managed to scrap and up and down bogey with first shank, a triple bogey on the second was not encouraging but it settled. Nett +7 we a couple of birdies in there but honestly didn’t expect to play a full 18, simple couldn’t be ar5ed.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I came pretty close yesterday by the time I was walking from 15 to 16

I've somehow dragged myself out of bed to work

Hopefully by tomorrow my legs will return to be able to play again
This round of golf sounds like a wake up call….

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This round of golf sounds like a wake up call….

I've never been so tired after golf and I play twice a week

Olly is far fitter than me and even he struggled on some them hills

I'm not the fittest but it was brutal, especially in strong winds up very steep slopes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never been so tired after golf and I play twice a week

Olly is far fitter than me and even he struggled on some them hills

I'm not the fittest but it was brutal, especially in strong winds up very steep slopes.
I still think your push trolley was a mistake. Carrying clubs on my back must have been a fraction easier than pushing them in front of you up a vertical incline. 😄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I still think your push trolley was a mistake. Carrying clubs on my back must have been a fraction easier than pushing them in front of you up a vertical incline. 😄

Lol the poor trolly was squeaking something chronic going up some of them mountains

Half set and carrying prob would have been the play

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another interclub knockout today, this time a 4BBB in the first round of the lancs ladies 125 year anniversary cup. We played at Saddleworth and I did something new, I started with 2 birdies, I could not keep it up but after close game myself and my partner won on the last and the team won 3-2 so a good day. My partner who is usually a great putter struggled on the greens and 3 putted 4 times, but made up for it by twice holing chips!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Remedy Oak today. It rained all the way round. Only light but it was annoying. At least there was no wind. The winter weather has not been kind to the fairways there at all. It could be at least another month before they have fully recovered to what they should be. It was playing long and I only managed 29 points. 😢 it was a team get together and we all played off scratch.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bit of everything weatherwise this morning, wind, heavy rain and sunshine. Played well tee to green but could not sink a putt to save my life. 35 points which somewhat surprisingly was good enough to win the roll up.

Course is drying out nicely now, unrecognisable from a couple of weeks ago.