I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played Ballyliffin Glashedy in an absolute hooley today. Opened with a cool triple from the middle of the fairway on the first. Drive and a duffed 3 iron left me 90 odd yards out. Into the wind I tried to knock down a 9 iron to keep down the spin. Didn't matter. Wind got it and pushed it off the green and down the slope. Nice pitch to 8 feet past. Put the putt 5 feet past down hill and down wind. 3 putt 7. Ouch.
Was 5 over through 3.
Finally got my first par on the 4th and got to grips with the wind.
Battled through to a 12 over round which wasn't bad as it matched my mate who plays off scratch.
Won the catch the leader game we were playing between 3 of us by parring the last 4 holes.
Greens were lightening quick and you needed to be on it all day or you looked like a fool. Not easy with the putter blowing about on the backswing.
Body is sore now and my legs are cramping.
Enjoyed the challenge and battle of the wind but wouldn't fancy that every day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got out for 9 holes yesterday, that wind was no joke - so cold, the warmer weather needs to hurry up.
Weather was amazing for me this morning! Wore just two layers for most of it and the sun was out. A little bit of wind here and there but then it would hold off for several holes. A welcome change!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played crap again today. Had a triple on the 1st, missed a putt that was less than 12”.

Finished 3rd in the comp 1 point off 1st.

Conditions were tough.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice to play in dry conditions for a change.
Some good golf but putting was a big problem.
The greens are still very soft and the ball was bouncing a lot.

Walk in the sunshine very enjoyable.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Managed to get my first post-work 9 holes of the year in on Wednesday. Was bloody awful, topped it 3-4 times and lost 3 balls. Left wondering I bother playing golf!

Played yesterday, parred 6 of the open 13 holes, hit some absolutely beautiful iron shots, some knock down shots because of the wind and putted really well. Left wondering why I can’t do that every time.

What a daft game!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I wasn't planning on playing today as the forecast was for weather the wrong side of bloody awful...
But, whilst perusing my rain radar app, I noticed a window of opportunity....not much...but enough that if it did start to pour it would be right at the end of my 9 holes.
Went for it..
Smashed it.....started raining just as I closed the boot and got in the car to come home...
Place was deserted..just me, a greenkeeper, some deer, a couple of red kites, a couple of hares and the dozen balls I found in the woods left of the 18th....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wasn't planning on playing today as the forecast was for weather the wrong side of bloody awful...
But, whilst perusing my rain radar app, I noticed a window of opportunity....not much...but enough that if it did start to pour it would be right at the end of my 9 holes.
Went for it..
Smashed it.....started raining just as I closed the boot and got in the car to come home...
Place was deserted..just me, a greenkeeper, some deer, a couple of red kites, a couple of hares and the dozen balls I found in the woods left of the 18th....
Can I get the name of this app off you please? 😁

Mandofred

Visit site
So just what are you doing on it?? :unsure: :oops:
One of my courses stayed open all day. The only thing I can think of is.....they figured there would only be a few stupid people crazy enough to be out there so likely wouldn't be enough to cause damage. Now.....if it had been warmer, I might have been one of the stupid/crazy people. Just a miserable day weather-wise.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just a roll up yesterday. Still hitting it well but struggled on the greens which is not like me. Glorious sunny morning though, unlike today. The course was drying out nicely but we’ve had rain all day again today so may have taken a step backwards.

sjw

Visit site
wNm8yN6e.png

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my courses stayed open all day. The only thing I can think of is.....they figured there would only be a few stupid people crazy enough to be out there so likely wouldn't be enough to cause damage. Now.....if it had been warmer, I might have been one of the stupid/crazy people. Just a miserable day weather-wise.
Even our place was shut today other than those already on BRS...... I sharn't bother tomorrow

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
34 points yesterday and 34 points today. (Nines of 16,17 x2, 18). Might not sound much but they are my best scores for about 6 months. And is the most consistent I've been for ages. Well, I was pleased with it anyway. (Could been even better today except for 3 silly, very short (18 inches) missed putts through lack of attention).

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I find it difficult not to post photos… 1000 words etc….

Slightly late, manic couple of days. Played Brockenhurst Manor Friday, cracking course with some seriously good holes. Bit soft underfoot but completely understandable given the recent weather. For a clay course there was absolutely no standing water which was remarkable really.

8/13 FIR, 9 GIR, 33 putts and a +6 76.

Chip in birdie on 3 and a 100 yard wedge to 12 inches on 18 for the 3rd birdie of the day. Scrappy in places and 3 putted the 4th which was totally avoidable but there was a bit of luck thrown in in places so it all evened out.

I like to put the away cards in on England golf, lost an 89 so got cut .4 😭

Attachments

• 215B0826-0918-4116-91C1-80EFA58C83A3.jpeg
    215B0826-0918-4116-91C1-80EFA58C83A3.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 70750BED-FE8E-45A9-A64F-7FD4D77EEE30.jpeg
    70750BED-FE8E-45A9-A64F-7FD4D77EEE30.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 5

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just social round with my wife yesterday. After a par on 1st it seemed like I was in for a day of bogey golf without doing a whole lot wrong but made the turn in 1 under handicap only to lump in 3 doubles on the back nine for a reality check to finish 3 over handicap for a buffer round

Local holiday tomorrow so we'll try again...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played at Dornoch, 2 under going out into a cold stiff breeze, utter garbage coming back coupled with quite a few unlucky breaks on the back 9. ended up in a holes in the rough with a big clump of grass behind the ball which i failed to advance more than a few yards each time.