I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
An hour on the simulator today, hey it's the nearest to golf I can get right now. It's a few weeks since I played last, it felt like months. The first 30 minutes was an absolute hackfest, horrible, horrible. Then, the timing came back and suddenly all was well again 😃.

A really enjoyable last 20-25 minutes, it did exactly what I wanted.

Two things of interest. First off, the numbers on the club simulator are utter tosh. By the end I was hitting a 52 degree wedge further than I genuinely hit my 23 deg hybrid. I was hitting that same hybrid further than I hit my driver. Apparently 🤭

Second up, the pro leaves a series of clubs up there, demo 7 irons, a few ladies clubs for starter sessions. Today I spotted a nice looking wedge. Tried it 😍. Heavy head, light shaft, it looked beautiful. It had Japanese writing on it, had me flummoxed for a bit. Then I saw Orka, I know them from people on here. Really lovely club, I may be hitting the Internet later 😄

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Went out for a solo 9 this morning with just a half set.
Trolleys are back on but I was always only going to play 9..
Played OK, trying some different things and shots ....
Captain's Drive In tomorrow and they're having a Greensomes comp before the event...
Or they were.
The Club has taken the unusual step of relying on the weather forecast and cancelling the comp and imposing a trolley ban from 7am tomorrow due to the amount of rain that's coming....
Hope we've got trolleys back on by Sunday....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
An hour on the simulator today, hey it's the nearest to golf I can get right now. It's a few weeks since I played last, it felt like months. The first 30 minutes was an absolute hackfest, horrible, horrible. Then, the timing came back and suddenly all was well again 😃.

A really enjoyable last 20-25 minutes, it did exactly what I wanted.

Two things of interest. First off, the numbers on the club simulator are utter tosh. By the end I was hitting a 52 degree wedge further than I genuinely hit my 23 deg hybrid. I was hitting that same hybrid further than I hit my driver. Apparently 🤭

Second up, the pro leaves a series of clubs up there, demo 7 irons, a few ladies clubs for starter sessions. Today I spotted a nice looking wedge. Tried it 😍. Heavy head, light shaft, it looked beautiful. It had Japanese writing on it, had me flummoxed for a bit. Then I saw Orka, I know them from people on here. Really lovely club, I may be hitting the Internet later 😄
What technology was the sim using? I've used one a couple of times near me that uses Trackman, and the numbers seemed pretty accurate.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What technology was the sim using? I've used one a couple of times near me that uses Trackman, and the numbers seemed pretty accurate.
It isn't trackman but I don't know what it is. I've used it before and know it isn't accurate, it is known within the club. It has good hits hooking and slicing. It has people who consistently fade hitting pull hooks etc.

It's a shame as it means playing courses on there is pointless. I just use it as a driving range and go off feel rather than what the screen says.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It isn't trackman but I don't know what it is. I've used it before and know it isn't accurate, it is known within the club. It has good hits hooking and slicing. It has people who consistently fade hitting pull hooks etc.

It's a shame as it means playing courses on there is pointless. I just use it as a driving range and go off feel rather than what the screen says.
Almost seems worthless using it at all? You could you just go to an actual driving range for less money?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
do you still need to use those little tees? I spend more time looking for them than I did hitting balls when I used it.
Yes. Very odd though. Sometimes, when I was hitting irons the tees jumped away and left the ball just on the mat 🤫🤭.

Hitting off the tees isn't what you would be doing on the course 🤷🏻‍♂️

Springveldt

Visit site

It’s called Pro Tee. I’m a compete golf nerd and had never heard of them when we got it installed. They would have been much better off just putting in SkyTrak and saving £5K or spending more and getting a GC Quad in. (GC3 wasn’t available when it was installed).

It’s £12 an hour for Trackman at Newbiggin for members, I’ve used it already. Also playing tomorrow morning, weird experience not wondering if the course will be open or not.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played North Hants on Wednesday- what a lovely course. I’m still getting over how badly I played, didn’t hit a single fairway off the tee and was frankly embarrassed by my ineptitude - was counting down the holes so really soured my level of enjoyment…bit of an all-time low!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glorious winters day golf at Kington GC in an inter club Seniors scratch match. Lost our match 5&4 after they had 5 birdies and an eagle when all we could muster was one birdie. Team lost 2-1 but a great day played in fantastic spirit and dry fairways with no mud, just sheep droppings :ROFLMAO:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Great to play with some lads today who'd left the island and are back just now
Dodged rain and 30 degrees so needed fluid (cider)

You had to be there but the line of the day was....
Me, aim for the big tree with the red flowers
Him, what do you mean, I'm not a flippin botanist

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played the first 2 holes then 8&9 before retiring to the clubhouse for a coffee.
Very muddy but the greens weren’t too bad.
Fingers crossed it’ll be better in the morning

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played yesterday, was raining when we started at 10:30 and it stopped about 11:30, wasn't heavy luckily and ended up being a nice afternoon.

Was a monthly stableford, I took a half set to save weight in the bag.

Made a 25 foot putt on the first for par and played very solid golf all the way through. Kept it simple, didn't make too many mistakes and played sensible when I was out of position. Made a great birdie on the 10th too.

Ended up shooting 15 over, 36 points, no blobs and came 14th overall.

Zig

Visit site
Run of really good form (for me) came to an abrupt halt! Greensomes comp... oh dear! In position A off every tee bar one, yet we managed to hit shocking approach after approach, with several three putts then chucked in for good measure. Had 120y or less into 8/9 on front half - and turned in +6 gross!!! Sure we scored worse as a pair than we would have individually! Even managed to chuck my first shank of the season in for good measure! :)

One positive... weather was amazing compared to the forecast earlier in the week. Bright sunshine, not a breath of wind... and it's the first week in November! Better than most of our days in August!

Back to the drawing board for next week.