I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yet another "what could have been" round.
Starting on the back 9 I was +3 on the 9th (18th).
Made a complete horlicks of it and made a double.. Still, level handicap so not a disaster.
Bogeythe first 2 of the backm9mbit birdied the 3rd so still level and a nice par at the next saw me 1 up on handicap.
A dodgy bounce of the par 3 14th(5th) put me in a greenside bunker.
To be fair I tried to be a bit too cute with it and it stayed in...but, instead of rolling down to the base it plugged about 1/3 of an inch below the lip
No shot, tried to blast it out but it wasn't happening...played out for 4 and missed the putt for a triple....splendid :rolleyes:
Nice par down the next and then my drive defied gravity, bounced 45° uphill into a bunker..
Got it out, played up and got another bad bounce out the back of the green and made a double.
Par 3 next and was on the green about 10 feet away in 2 after a poor tee shot..the putt was downhill, downwind
I breathed on the ball and it went 20 feet past - took 20 seconds to get there mind....
Another double.
Good par up the last and im signing for an 84 instead of , possibly a 79.....
Stupid game.....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yet another "what could have been" round.
Starting on the back 9 I was +3 on the 9th (18th).
Made a complete horlicks of it and made a double.. Still, level handicap so not a disaster.
Bogeythe first 2 of the backm9mbit birdied the 3rd so still level and a nice par at the next saw me 1 up on handicap.
A dodgy bounce of the par 3 14th(5th) put me in a greenside bunker.
To be fair I tried to be a bit too cute with it and it stayed in...but, instead of rolling down to the base it plugged about 1/3 of an inch below the lip
No shot, tried to blast it out but it wasn't happening...played out for 4 and missed the putt for a triple....splendid :rolleyes:
Nice par down the next and then my drive defied gravity, bounced 45° uphill into a bunker..
Got it out, played up and got another bad bounce out the back of the green and made a double.
Par 3 next and was on the green about 10 feet away in 2 after a poor tee shot..the putt was downhill, downwind
I breathed on the ball and it went 20 feet past - took 20 seconds to get there mind....
Another double.
Good par up the last and im signing for an 84 instead of , possibly a 79.....
Stupid game.....

Did you beat “billy 2 shots”?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Couple of days of persimmon and blades, yesterday at Fleetwood, started with a very poor double which set the tone, I didn't make one par even and scored 23!

Today we were at Morecambe and I started with a quad bogey 9! Settled down after that though and scored 37 points which was good enough for the win. :)

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a 4BBB Open at Rhos on Sea today. Course was in excellent condition and greens were superb, best I can remember seeing them. Nothing special score wise with 40 points but it was a very enjoyable knock.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wasnt playing today, but this morning I saw a plea for a 4th to make up a team in an event at Chorlton-cum-hardy so of course I answered the call. Turns out is was the Team event of the Manchester and district ladies golf assoc.
I have never know such a start to a team event, with 2 scores to count on each hole we start off 5 points, 7 pts, 5, 5, 6, 5.
We couldn't keep that up but we did end up with 84 points which won the trophy by one point, as well as the trophy £50 each too.
Personally I played well contributing on 12 holes including 9 pars.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday with my twisted neck, only got two tee shots off the ground ......................... but scrambled well!
I had to test my neck as I'm in a charity day tomorrow.
Oh dear!
I may have to start with a valium and a guiness!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Moyer trophy today, hit it well but struggled to get the ball in the hole. Had three 360 lip outs, was putting for birdies on all the par 3s inside 10 feet but only got one. Biggest kick I the balls was driving to the front edge of 15 then 3 putting☹. On the bright side this will knock knock one of my good scores of?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A pairs knockout today.
Lost on the last but the good news for me was the putting was hugely better than at Littlestone earlier in the week, the bad news was that the driver was poorer.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A pairs knockout today.
Lost on the last but the good news for me was the putting was hugely better than at Littlestone earlier in the week, the bad news was that the driver was poorer.

Have you thought of taking up a different hobby, like knitting?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played with a couple of sloths today. 4 hours 15 mins for a course that is just over 6,000 yards. One of the guys only hit it 150 yards off the tee but would look for it at 200 yards. I was forever telling him that his ball was “back there”. For me it was a day of near misses on the green as nothing would drop.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played with a couple of sloths today. 4 hours 15 mins for a course that is just over 6,000 yards. One of the guys only hit it 150 yards off the tee but would look for it at 200 yards. I was forever telling him that his ball was “back there”. For me it was a day of near misses on the green as nothing would drop.
was you playing with @Oddsocks ??

HeftyHacker

Visit site
2nd round of the club champs today, first out at 7 as a 2ball with a lad I play with on the handicap team.

Hooked into the trees on the first but managed to get through, caught the top of the next set of trees with my second and was happy to walk away with bogey.

Second I shanked it at a right angle pretty much onto the first fairway. Walked off with a triple.

Pretty much story of the round tbh. Either pars or doubles due to awful shots.

Ended up 4 over PH (15 over) so won't be anywhere near the prizes.

Managed to get home for half 10 including a drink after the round so kept the missus sweet. Every cloud.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Board comp stableford today and one round of extremes. Off a playing handicap of 23 started par, bogey, par, par for 12pts after four holes. Followed that with two blobs on 5 & 6 and on 18pts at halfway.

Missed a very short putt for 2pts on 11, but then birdied 13 (4pts), parred 14 (4pts), blob on 15 and then chipped in to birdie our SI 1 16th for 5pts. Was chuffed with this one was this the only hole on the course that I had not previously birdied. Parred 17 and on 18 (par 5), put the first in the stream at 170 yards, got an iron up to 180 yards next to a small tree. Felt that I needed to get down in three from there to post a score. Took a 3-wood into the breeze and told my PP that I needed to hit my best ever 3-wood to get on the green. Nailed it high and straight as an arrow leaving 20ft. Two putts and in with 41pts.

All the scores appear to be in and there are 5 of us leading on 41. Will now be on the back 9 score and my 23pts must put me in with a good shout

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Board comp stableford today and one round of extremes. Off a playing handicap of 23 started par, bogey, par, par for 12pts after four holes. Followed that with two blobs on 5 & 6 and on 18pts at halfway.

Missed a very short putt for 2pts on 11, but then birdied 13 (4pts), parred 14 (4pts), blob on 15 and then chipped in to birdie our SI 1 16th for 5pts. Was chuffed with this one was this the only hole on the course that I had not previously birdied. Parred 17 and on 18 (par 5), put the first in the stream at 170 yards, got an iron up to 180 yards next to a small tree. Felt that I needed to get down in three from there to post a score. Took a 3-wood into the breeze and told my PP that I needed to hit my best ever 3-wood to get on the green. Nailed it high and straight as an arrow leaving 20ft. Two putts and in with 41pts.

All the scores appear to be in and there are 5 of us leading on 41. Will now be on the back 9 score and my 23pts must put me in with a good shout
Looks like one of the others got 25pts on the back 9 ☹️

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club's Charity Day today .............................. and was really looking forward to it.
It was like I'd never played before!
14 points.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday in our stableford comp and it was a bit of a strange round. Felt like I played really poorly, hit the ball terribly. Had a couple of very nearly skied drives, and at least 5 thins but none of them put me in any series trouble. Somehow managed to shoot an adjusted 77 (picked up on 1 hole as I had a 5 footer for a double and wasn’t getting a shot and the group behind were waiting on the tee with hands on hips).

With that round I’ve managed to hit a milestone that I thought I’d never reach when I took up golf again 6 years ago in that I would now be classed as an old Cat 1 golfer as my index is 4.1. WHS makes it much easier due to the slope being included, I doubt I would have ever managed this under CONGU if I’m being honest.

Still, I’m over the moon with it. No idea what my next target should be now though.

Last edited: