I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Club Major today...
Course was fiery to say the least, breezy too..and some of the pin positions were just nasty
Played OK with a couple of birdies, including a 2 to match Fragger's score at the same hole (surprised he hasn't told you about it yet)
Level handicap on the 17th tee, birdie, birdie would have won it, par, par would have seen me in the money.
Double, double sees me 15th?
Just 1 poor shot on each hole put me behind the 8 ball with little chance...
Oh well......

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Club Major Medal today
Course was fiery to say the least and some of the pin positions were just nasty.

Played pretty well for a net 74 and 5th place in my division, but totally messed up the par 3 10th scoring an 8, which messed with my head and I lost shots to handicap on the next 2 holes.

Could easily have had a net 68.

2 highlights for me, a birdie 2 on the 8th to put me in the 2’s pot, for the first time at Ellesborough
and a par on the tough 15 th par 5 uphill into the wind

The 98 gets reduced to 96 for HC purposes so my index reduces again from 20.3 to 19.8, so I lose a shot

Honourable draw with himself who also got net 74 and also got a 2 at the 8th

Happy days

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Centenary trophy for us today, I never really got going, front nine was saved by holing a few putts, but second nine was pretty poor, finished with a gross 87 for a net 78 (new ratings in effect from today so only 9 shots instead of 10)
On Thursday I played our 6 par 5s in one under, today I played them in 7 over, I didnt hit the greens on any of them in 3 today, very poor

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played yesterday. Double bogey on the first which is probably the easiest hole on the course so when I got to the turn and totted up my score to find I was 2 over gross, was pleasantly surprised.

49 on the back nine. Standard. ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Also, tried the Cam Smith putting technique….left hand on the hip, square the face to the line, and pull the trigger. Have to say - it’s the best I’ve putted in a long time. A few long ones went in, and those that didn’t were comfortable tap-ins. I’ll be sticking with that I reckon.

Imurg

Visit site
Out this morning with CVG..golf's a stupid game....
If I'd played yesterday how I played today then my name would be going up on a board in the clubhouse soon....as it is I have to make do with a cut that doesn't drop my PH...:rolleyes:
Starting on the 10th I played that 9 in 3 over to turn with 20 points...a missed chance on 15 and a dodgy pull on 16 the only real blemishes
On to the front(back) 9..2 pars and a birdie were tempered with a double on 4 followed by 3 more bogeys in the next 4 holes
Quality 8 iron to a foot set up a birdie on the last for another 3 over score..
77 shots, 39 points, Index down to 7 but still get 9 shots off the whites by 0.04 of a shot....Fragger will be pleased...:LOL:
A good day at the office...starting to find a bit of form again.

D

Deleted member 3432

Out this morning with CVG..golf's a stupid game....
If I'd played yesterday how I played today then my name would be going up on a board in the clubhouse soon....as it is I have to make do with a cut that doesn't drop my PH...:rolleyes:
Starting on the 10th I played that 9 in 3 over to turn with 20 points...a missed chance on 15 and a dodgy pull on 16 the only real blemishes
On to the front(back) 9..2 pars and a birdie were tempered with a double on 4 followed by 3 more bogeys in the next 4 holes
Quality 8 iron to a foot set up a birdie on the last for another 3 over score..
77 shots, 39 points, Index down to 7 but still get 9 shots off the whites by 0.04 of a shot....Fragger will be pleased...:LOL:
A good day at the office...starting to find a bit of form again.

Medal or Stableford?

Springveldt

Visit site
Had 5 birdies yesterday, including 2 x 2’s. ?
For a lovely 29 points ??‍♂️
I saw a card at my place a few weeks ago were a lad had 4 2's and 32 points. Someone also had a HIO that day to steal half the 2's pot. Think he must have ended up with about £24 for his 4 2's. When it's not your day, it's not your day.

D

Deleted member 3432

Medal yesterday, Stableford this morning but holed everything and played as a Medal as I always do....

Just having a bit of fun, find it amusing you include both gross score and Stableford points ?

I'm like you play every scoring round as a Medal. Got to really as with not many shots you don't recover from the dreaded BLOB ????

Imurg

Visit site
Just having a bit of fun, find it amusing you include both gross score and Stableford points ?

I'm like you play every scoring round as a Medal. Got to really as with not many shots you don't recover from the dreaded BLOB ????
Too right....like being low but sometimes it's hard work...

D

Deleted member 3432

Too right....like being low but sometimes it's hard work...
Especially this 'summer' the weather has not been golf friendly.

Last weekend was classic, we got the course back after the Carris Trophy was played in flat calm conditions and we enjoyed a 4 club wind for the comp on bone hard fairways. Hitting it offline was not an option. My nett 76 was in the prize money ??????????????

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Day off today, went to play Redbourn with my dad and uncle. Haven't played the 18 there before, only the par 3 course with my wife. Another place with baked hard fairways which made for some long drives - nearly ran out of bounds on the 1st, stayed in by an inch. ? There was a good mix of some interesting holes, but the 2nd hole was awful. It was like a double dogleg left that were both 90 degrees around a field which is out of bounds, so like three sides of a rectangle. Daft.

After nine holes I had the lead with 19 points over my uncle's 16 - me receiving 16 shots here and him 21. That all changed on the next hole, SI1 so he's getting two shots and only sinks it from about 90 yards for a birdie and 5 bloody points! I only made 5 for 2 thanks to a good up and down having had to take a drop after my drive ran into a bush. ??‍♂️

After this he never looked back and played some of the best golf I've ever seen him play. His back nine was two over par for a total of 27 points! Absolutely outrageous and not something I could compete with at all. I played well but blobbed the 17th and settled for an 18 point back nine. 85 gross, 37 points but soundly thrashed by an 84 gross, 43 points for my uncle. My dad played ok and managed 31 points off 36 (not a real handicap, he only plays about 5 times a year).

Brilliant day, weather was so humid though, reached about 26° at times and it felt sweltering. Breakfast was good as well, and I'm sure we'll be back one day as it's situated perfectly between where we each live.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Semi final of the seniors pairs tonight, up against a couple of very good players who were giving us 7 and 8 shots respectively.

Front 9 was very nip and tuck, never more than a hole in it, reached the turn all square. Lost 10 and 11 to go 2 down, then missed a short putt on 12 which would have pulled one back.

Halved the next two, then they sunk a great putt to be 3 up with 3 to play. Looking pretty grim, but we were due to get shots on 16 and 18 so thought we still had a bit of hope.

We won 16, but knew we had to go for it on 17. Got lucky when my 2nd hit the top of a bunker and finished 10 foot from the pin. Opponents could only get a 5, I got the par to take it up the 18th.

I managed to roll in a six footer on 18 for a par which was enough to take it back to the first.

They were a bit shell shocked, but 4 good drives and second shots saw us all par the hole, so onto the 20th.

I was just short of the green with my tee shot but with a massive slope from the edge of a bunker to contend with. My PP was well short after a poor tee shot. Our opponents put both tee shots in the middle of the green. We got our second shots to 10 feet, they knocked theirs stone dead, we missed our par putts, and that was that.

Gutted to lose but it was a cracking match and we both played well.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
A free day out at Delemere Forrest yesterday with the wife. Lovely day for it. I played shocking for the front nine but then something kicked in and got a couple of birdies on the back nine. Wife struggled all day, she had a back problem, but got round ok. Highlight was being watched teeing off on a tough par three by three blokes. I stuck it to two meters and the wife followed to three meters. We strolled off the tee like we do this all the time. Lol

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was going to play this morning but the course was under water.
Yes waterlogged,
We had so much rain overnight the ditches taking the water from the course could not cope.
Opened at 12 noon but was in my lounger in the sun by then.

Imurg

Visit site
Was going to play this morning but the course was under water.
Yes waterlogged,
We had so much rain overnight the ditches taking the water from the course could not cope.
Opened at 12 noon but was in my lounger in the sun by then.
We had about 7mm of rain in the whole of July.........:oops: