I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
An early start, a nearly 2 hour drive down, and over 2 hour drive back. I was playing at Beau Desert fabulous course and superb weather in contract to the soaing we got last year. Struggled a bit with how much run there was and the tricky greens but just enjoyed playing there

Springveldt

Visit site
After playing mostly horrendous stuff for the past 6 weeks tonight I’ve just went out and shot 73 for 42 points and won the midweek sweep. That’s my best round ever off the whites in a competition and I’ve honestly no idea where it came from.

Even managed to keep focused after being 3 off the tee on 13 and went -1 for the last 5 holes.

73 is a 1.5 differential so should see a decent cut as well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
After playing mostly horrendous stuff for the past 6 weeks tonight I’ve just went out and shot 73 for 42 points and won the midweek sweep. That’s my best round ever off the whites in a competition and I’ve honestly no idea where it came from.

Even managed to keep focused after being 3 off the tee on 13 and went -1 for the last 5 holes.

73 is a 1.5 differential so should see a decent cut as well.
As a diff of 1.5 doesn't match 42 points i'm guessing 1.5 is actually the difference between the differential for your round and your current highest counting differential. Though that would only give a hi reduction of about 0.2...hmmm. Nothing to do with your great knock though....good stuff sir.

Springveldt

Visit site
As a diff of 1.5 doesn't match 42 points i'm guessing 1.5 is actually the difference between the differential for your round and your current highest counting differential. Though that would only give a hi reduction of about 0.2...hmmm. Nothing to do with your great knock though....good stuff sir.
Par 70, CR 71.1 and slope of 139 so a 73 is a differential of 1.5. It knocked an 83 off (9.7) which took my index down from 7.5 to 6.5. Still 1.1 higher than the start of the season so more work to do.

Still no idea where that round came from though but hope whatever it was doesn’t leave for a while.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Par 70, CR 71.1 and slope of 139 so a 73 is a differential of 1.5. It knocked an 83 off (9.7) which took my index down from 7.5 to 6.5. Still 1.1 higher than the start of the season so more work to do.

Still no idea where that round came from though but hope whatever it was doesn’t leave for a while.
Of course...sorry...early morning dimness...

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing fairly steady eddy golf at the moment.

Won our society knock and then our annual trip with the lads both individual and pairs.

Played last night and again steady away. Driving is more consistent, irons for once are keeping me on the fairway rather than the odd off shot with the hybrid and the short game/putting is working. My distance is still lacking but being on the fairway, probably 20/30 yards less than my playing partners, is definitely helping.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Got the shanks

Cant seem to get out of the shanks

F my life

Once you have them you have to learn to live with them, they never completely go away.

I remember in my early days of playing I'd try and hit shanks for fun ( o_O ) but I just couldn't do it.
Roll on quite a few years and they became a permanent feature of my play, so much so that I bought a 9 wood to help on the worst days (my shanks tend to be on the longer irons).

It's not so bad these days but they do return now and again, luckily I now know what causes my particular shank so can quickly correct.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Once you have them you have to learn to live with them, they never completely go away.

I remember in my early days of playing I'd try and hit shanks for fun ( o_O ) but I just couldn't do it.
Roll on quite a few years and they became a permanent feature of my play, so much so that I bought a 9 wood to help on the worst days (my shanks tend to be on the longer irons).

It's not so bad these days but they do return now and again, luckily I now know what causes my particular shank so can quickly correct.

Same with the long irons - I can still pull off short chips and drives with some success - but honestly it hurts my whole being shanking every other shot down the fairway

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 man team comp at Aberdovey today. Surprisingly it was pretty cool playing into the wind for most of the front 9 but warmed up later on. Golf was mainly pants with 2 to score from the 3 and we only managed a miserly 66 points. Course was in excellent condition again as always.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got the shanks

Cant seem to get out of the shanks

F my life
My mate has been suffering from them this season and has shot up from 5.5 to 9.1, primarily due to them. Three weeks ago he shanked one OOB from 8th fairway to 1st fairway and hit someone in the chest. Sadly, he has now passed this 'skill' to me and the last three times I have played our 8th hole I have done exactly the same (without hitting anyone). I am now dreading playing our 8th hole.

idiotdogbrain

Visit site
Director at work is retiring so 10 of us had an afternoon Stableford at Hurtmore this afternoon.

Best 18 holes of my life - shot an 85 for 49 points and took the win ?

Don't think they'll be letting me play off 28 again..! ?‍♂️ ?

idiotdogbrain

Visit site
At the moment, fairways rock hard so it's running a mile, greens perfect and really holding. Quite a few internal OOB which annoys me but a decent enough course otherwise. Tbh I've not played enough courses for my opinion to carry any weight!

MACM85

Visit site
At the moment, fairways rock hard so it's running a mile, greens perfect and really holding. Quite a few internal OOB which annoys me but a decent enough course otherwise. Tbh I've not played enough courses for my opinion to carry any weight!

I am a member at Hurtmore at the above is correct. Fairways are solid due to how dry the course is. Winter we are playable all year round. The internal Out of Bounds isn't too bad. There to protect other golfers on the adjoining fairways etc. Greens are very good and are rolling nicely. Just have to get used to hitting it off concrete when on the fairway!