I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Shot a steady 79 from the back tees in just about perfect conditions.

Another round where I struck my irons pretty well, but driving was relatively poor again.

The course is baked out putting a premium on ball striking. The greens, like many are a bit long, so were much slower and I couldn’t quite get the paces on them and didn’t really hole anything but did manage to 3 putt twice ?‍♂️

Was also treated to a flyover by the Red Arrows.

C261110-F-BB0-D-4-D13-A581-0297-D14-C6268.jpg

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Funny old game, after a few rounds recently in the low 80’s and feeling like I was hitting the ball really well I walked off today with an 80 and felt like I hit it horribly.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fabulous days golf today. I went out with my son and SiL, her first time at the course. She came off with 35 points, very happy. I had 42 ?. Best round of the year so far, back nine was as good as I can play. Sheldon straight off the tee, irons were solid, I've never hit my hybrid as consistently well, never more than 2 putts per hole. Can I have more of this please? It's a different game.

I went off the yellows and it clearly made a difference, despite my Rory like drives ?. Being that bit closer meant I could reach far more greens and take more achievable clubs. Much more fun.

The other upside of today, I registered my round as a general/casual round so this will kick out one of my rubbish scores ?. Just brilliant ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to Stockwood Park's pitch & putt with the wife. First ever under par round for me with a score of 26. ??? Two birdies one bogey. Never mind that the entire course is only 600 yards. ? I must say the greens were really good for a pitch & putt, so fair play to them, and a good place for short game practise. I hit the flag on one hole, so I was nearly talking about my first hole in one... before breaking the news that the hole was only 40 yards. ? My wife scored 37 so only ten over with nothing worse than a 5 on the card - including two pars. So well played from her as well. ??

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
2nd day of CC today, very warm later in the round. As someone who used to struggle in the heat was pleasing to play the last 5 in 1 under par - resulting in an 'on handicap' round. It felt better, with heat & course set up. Many struggled & I would have been 3rd (net) today. Was 5th overall, and top ten gross. As usual out of placings but a few decimals may drop off the index.
The par 5 4th summed up golf - the scene of the disaster yesterday. Today hit an awful drive which luckily came back in play from the trees. Then a pretty poor pulled hybrid that just stopped before the cabbage - walked off with a 5. Those 2 shots many many times worse than yesterday.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Went out late yesterday afternoon (5pm) for a knock around on my own, (well took the wife with me for a walk). 29 degrees when we teed off, bit warm for me and I was hoping it was going to cool down a bit, but nope....
Course was looking a bit worse for wear with the recent hot weather, greens and tees fine, but fairways looking quite parched. Biggest problem though was hardly any sand in the bunkers!!
Found about 4 or 5 of them on the way round the front 9, which resulted in silly dropped shots through no real fault of my own.
Played the front 9, getting knackered in the heat so decided to cut the round short and nip from the 9th green onto the 14th tee, 31 points from the 14 holes I actually played so reasonably happy with that despite the silly dropped shots as I say. Hitting the ball quite well, but it could have been so much better.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went out late yesterday afternoon (5pm) for a knock around on my own, (well took the wife with me for a walk). 29 degrees when we teed off, bit warm for me and I was hoping it was going to cool down a bit, but nope....
Course was looking a bit worse for wear with the recent hot weather, greens and tees fine, but fairways looking quite parched. Biggest problem though was hardly any sand in the bunkers!!
Found about 4 or 5 of them on the way round the front 9, which resulted in silly dropped shots through no real fault of my own.
Played the front 9, getting knackered in the heat so decided to cut the round short and nip from the 9th green onto the 14th tee, 31 points from the 14 holes I actually played so reasonably happy with that despite the silly dropped shots as I say. Hitting the ball quite well, but it could have been so much better.
Hmm :unsure::LOL:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
???
I meant the resulting poop shot out of the sand less bunker, not putting it in there in the 1st place!
The one bunker I went in on the back 9 had some sand in it and I made an up and down par.
The ones on the front 9, without sand in them, saw bladed shots out, followed by duff chips and shonky putting as well.
Must have cost me 5 or 6 shots/points.
My score could have been so much better.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Shot 80 round Moray Old yesterday in a practice round for the Moray Open.

Started well with only one bogey in the first 7 holes but leaked four consecutive bogies either side of the turn, one of them after three putting from range after overcooking an approach from 80 yards. Recoverd a bit in the middle of the back nine before finishing double, par, bogey with two three putts on 16 and 18.

Out on the New course today.

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Went out for a 9 this morning before it got to hot and had an absolute stormer. Started the round badly, 3 putting for an 8 on our first Par 5.

Then went bogey, par, par, par, bogey, double, EAGLE, bogey for a +6 over (I play off 20).

For only the second time in my life I got an eagle. And the first I barely count. At my old club there was a 220 par 4 (right angle dog leg with woods to the right off the tee.) Used to go over the trees and have regular eagle putts (but only sinking one!).

But today I got an eagle on a 490 yard Par 5 after hitting the green in two. Taking advantage of the wind and firm ground, hit two 1 in 100 shots and left myself 3ft for essentially a tap in eagle. Was buzzing after that and wish I carried on the back 9!

Attachments

• IMG_7846.jpg
    IMG_7846.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 9

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday and shot 81 which I was actually pleased with considering how poorly I hit the ball. I had 2 shanks :eek: and didn't make a putt over 5 foot. Think I found the middle of the clubface maybe 3 times the whole round. I managed to keep a big score off the card though with 11 bogies and 7 pars. Pitching and chipping was really good though, that saved some big scores.

My man-flu for the last 2 weeks has now developed into Sinusitis which isn't much fun. That plus the heat towards the end made the round pretty hard work.

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors match today at home.
Our club management decided that the match should be restricted to 9 holes to ensure that everybody survived the day, very sensible decision, it was scorching out there!
(We won our match 2 & 1 and the team won 6.5 to 1.5 overall)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Quarter final of the Seniors Pairs against a couple of decent players giving us 9 and 7 shots respectively. We used the extra shots well and were 5 up by the 10th. They came back at us a bit after that, but we toughed it out and won the 15th for a 4&3 victory.

My driving was excellent, irons not so good, polar opposite from how I played on Saturday. One day both will be working well at the same time!

The heat was pretty intense, 32 degrees when we came off, not a breath of wind. Forecast to be 35 tomorrow, have taken my name off as am knackered after today.

Delighted to be in the semis of the singles and the pairs, have really enjoyed my first season of matchplay.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course was empty and I just scraped through my scratch KO quarter final 2/1 in 2hours 10 minutes. I was 6 up after 7 and playing par golf. I then took my eye off the ball thinking it would all be over in a few more holes. I had to hole a four footer on 17 for the win. If I’d lost that match I think I would need some serious counselling.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Club match against BattleBack today, full 18, 1pm tee off with a meal after. My partner and I were level par gross through 6 & 4 down! :eek: Took it to 18 but lost 1 down.

Bit warm but a cold towel round the neck, soaked cap, reflective brolly & plenty of drinks made it tolerable. (y)

Chap at ours soaked his cap before starting yesterday. Not under a cold tap but in the pond outside the clubhouse. I’d love to know what he smelled like an hour later ?