I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I hate injuries stopping me playing sports
I had my appendix out years ago, and got really frustrated with the wait to play. So much so, I went and bought Yonex graphite irons so I could swing a club.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Mens and Ladies Captains' invitation chairty AmAm at my club today. The charity is LAMP - a mental health charity.

Many thanks to @full_throttle, @GG26 and @Bdill93 for joining me.
@Bdill93 has gone home with a 4-Ball voucher for the straightest drive on the 13th. There was a white line painted down the fairway and he finished right on the line!

We played very well with regard to the teamwork and finished with 86 points for the third place prize - a Titleist holdall bag each. I think @Bdill93's baby will fit in it OK. ;)
A really lovely day for us all and I've made three new friends. :)

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mens and Ladies Captains' invitation chairty AmAm at my club today. The charity is LAMP - a mental health charity.

Many thanks to @full_throttle, @GG26 and @Bdill93 for joining me.
@Bdill93 has gone home with a 4-Ball voucher for the straightest drive on the 13th. There was a white line painted down the fairway and he finished right on the line!

We played very well with regard to the teamwork and finished with 86 points for the third place prize - a Titleist holdall bag each.
A really lovely day for us all and I've made three new friends. :)
Just beat me to posting.

Thanks to Voyager EMH for inviting us to what was a very enjoyable afternoon and great to get to know more people from the forum. The course was in great condition and we had great weather too.

Springveldt

Visit site
Can anyone enlighten me what the deal is with the 36 hole championships qualifying being open to 8 handicaps and under 'in the first instance'? Is this basically the main club champs where the best players enter?

Noticed theres a few over 8's booked into our clubs tomorrow, including a 20. Noticed a couple of free spots so was considering joining but not sure if I should or not.
If it’s anything like ours then yes, it’s a scratch competition but we also have a 2nd division on the same day that is open to higher handicaps. (only 18 holes compared to 36 for the 1st division)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Monthly stableford at ours. Rock hard course, thick rough, unreceptive greens and blowing a gale. Not a great mix. Tough.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Entered the Diamond Jubilee Cup (not named wrong.. I imagine they've been holding it since the diamond jubilee since there was a golden jubilee cup last week as well) today. This meant doing something I rarely ever do and set my alarm to get down early for an 8:30 tee time! I was grouped up with fellers playing off 19, 29 and 40. All really nice guys but by Christ it took a long time to get round!

It's a Stableford comp and I had a really mixed bag early on, mostly 1 and 3 pointers with very few 2s. We started on the 13th and I went double, birdie, double, par to begin with. Had a shocker on the 18th, perfect drive and then ballooned it over the green with a wedge from 65 yards. Ended up with a 6 for no points as I don't get a shot there anymore. Thought I was dead and buried but I parred the 1st, and got two more birdies at the 4th and the 6th! Suddenly feeling like I was back in with a chance of a good score, but it's all difficult holes after that (the 13th tee start is my least favourite of the three for this reason). Went five bogeys in a row which put me on 34 points with the stroke index 1, 12th hole to play last. My drive left me 200 yards out and I decided to go for the green as I figured going for the par would put me on 37 which was worth a go. Unfortunately didn't strike it cleanly and ended up in the ditch. A drop and four rubbish shots later, and that's a blob.

So 84 for 34 points in the end. When I punched my score in I saw the leaders were on 37 so it was probably worth going for it on the last even though it didn't pan out. I felt I played well considering the weather went from miserable, to downright abysmal, to randomly sunny and warm towards the end. Just a couple of crap shots on two holes cost me a proper score really. My putting let me down a bit on the first nine holes as well, whereas on the second nine I putted much better.

At least I got two 2s - didn't enter the bloody twos sweep though of course. Three birdies but only two pars! How silly.

D

Deleted member 15344

Entered the Diamond Jubilee Cup (not named wrong.. I imagine they've been holding it since the diamond jubilee since there was a golden jubilee cup last week as well) today. This meant doing something I rarely ever do and set my alarm to get down early for an 8:30 tee time! I was grouped up with fellers playing off 19, 29 and 40. All really nice guys but by Christ it took a long time to get round!

It's a Stableford comp and I had a really mixed bag early on, mostly 1 and 3 pointers with very few 2s. We started on the 13th and I went double, birdie, double, par to begin with. Had a shocker on the 18th, perfect drive and then ballooned it over the green with a wedge from 65 yards. Ended up with a 6 for no points as I don't get a shot there anymore. Thought I was dead and buried but I parred the 1st, and got two more birdies at the 4th and the 6th! Suddenly feeling like I was back in with a chance of a good score, but it's all difficult holes after that (the 13th tee start is my least favourite of the three for this reason). Went five bogeys in a row which put me on 34 points with the stroke index 1, 12th hole to play last. My drive left me 200 yards out and I decided to go for the green as I figured going for the par would put me on 37 which was worth a go. Unfortunately didn't strike it cleanly and ended up in the ditch. A drop and four rubbish shots later, and that's a blob.

So 84 for 34 points in the end. When I punched my score in I saw the leaders were on 37 so it was probably worth going for it on the last even though it didn't pan out. I felt I played well considering the weather went from miserable, to downright abysmal, to randomly sunny and warm towards the end. Just a couple of crap shots on two holes cost me a proper score really. My putting let me down a bit on the first nine holes as well, whereas on the second nine I putted much better.

At least I got two 2s - didn't enter the bloody twos sweep though of course. Three birdies but only two pars! How silly.

Why didn’t you enter the twos ?‍♂️

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Schoolboy error...always, ALWAYS enter the 2s

D

Deleted member 3432

June and still wearing a bloody jacket :mad:

Nice cool easterly wind today which is the toughest wind at Silloth. Ball striking found out coming back into the wind, not pretty at all.

Need a couple of games in flat calm to get some confidence back with swing, couple of big left misses a round is getting boring now.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I played Thursday afternoon, didn’t start well to be +7 on the front, including a quad, then studied the ship and was level from 9 onwards until I got to the 17th tee where I pumped one right of right ?‍♂️ Doubled 17 and then bogied 18 for 81.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
News bats are starting to settle in now, loving the irons, picked up wedges Friday night but not loving the woods currently. Put my old Titleist woods back in the bag and confidence is back off the tee.
Tough conditions with the chilly wind but ground out a +3 round. 4 over going out and 1 under back in.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Went out at 19:30hrs for a hit at Fraserburgh on the 18 holer, have being playing the 9 hole course up until now.
Played really well, considering I've never played the full course yet.
Lost 3 balls, not bad shots but the low sun was an absolute killer at that time off night.
Its a hilly course and will take a few rounds to get used to it, you need to be good off the tee as it's a long course.
I'll need to get some pictures next time as some of the views are amazing.
Looking forward to my driver fitting on Monday now and getting back to playing at home.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out with my mate on Friday and Saturday, he's off 25.7 (28) He beat me on Friday, I fought bravely as I knew he fades over the last four hole but was 7 point down at the turn as he played out of his skin and I was pretty rubbish. Same happened on Saturday, we were playing for a shield that no one else could be bothered about despite me asking everyone I know, apparently there was something on this weekend, anyhoo, it was much closer and after 35 holes and 8 hours of golf I took the lead by a point, then actually played the last really well knocking in a 1 meter putt for par and three points beating his 7 for 1, so took the shield by 3 clear points. I really enjoyed both days golf and it was nip and tuck going down the last on both days. It was also nice to sit outside in sunshine with a beer afterwards on both days.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went out at 19:30hrs for a hit at Fraserburgh on the 18 holer, have being playing the 9 hole course up until now.
Played really well, considering I've never played the full course yet.
Lost 3 balls, not bad shots but the low sun was an absolute killer at that time off night.
Its a hilly course and will take a few rounds to get used to it, you need to be good off the tee as it's a long course.
I'll need to get some pictures next time as some of the views are amazing.
Looking forward to my driver fitting on Monday now and getting back to playing at home.
Have you moved there Brian?

Hear Fraserburgh is a nice course we are booked to play September along with Peterhead on our jolly

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out for the first time in nearly two weeks this morning and played the first hole like it had been 2 years with a topped drive to start and topped long iron for my second.

After that I settled into some alright golf. My short game was decent for once and I had lot of good up and downs until the last three holes where it suddenly deserted me.

Nice to be back out though.