I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Springveldt

Visit site
Played yesterday and again not a good round. Foolishly went out with shorts on and no gilet/wind top etc. Brisk north easterly wind made it pretty cold. June and still crap weather.

Shot 84 for a net 77. Not a lot of positives really. Driver was all over the place, irons were abysmal, flubbed 2 chips but putted decent. Haven’t fixed my ShotScope round yet but I’m guessing putting will be a slight positive and everything else garbage.

Need to find something soon, only got 2 scoring rounds in my last 11. Maybe this is my “new normal” and last season was an aberration.

D

Deleted member 3432

Played yesterday and again not a good round. Foolishly went out with shorts on and no gilet/wind top etc. Brisk north easterly wind made it pretty cold. June and still crap weather.

Shot 84 for a net 77. Not a lot of positives really. Driver was all over the place, irons were abysmal, flubbed 2 chips but putted decent. Haven’t fixed my ShotScope round yet but I’m guessing putting will be a slight positive and everything else garbage.

Need to find something soon, only got 2 scoring rounds in my last 11. Maybe this is my “new normal” and last season was an aberration.

Last season was more golf friendly weather early season.

I've played once this season without having a jacket of sorts on and it's been windier without a doubt.

Only time I've worn shorts this year was on a skiing holiday in Austria, it was miles warmer than it is here currently....:ROFLMAO:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I know how you feel - my 2 best scores (from late September and early October) are due to drop off in the next week or so, doesn't bode well!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bumped into a pal yesterday at a queens platinum street party. He played in yesterdays Captains day. He was coming second with 41 points. He would of finished second if he had not been DQ,d for filling his card in wrong ?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know how you feel - my 2 best scores (from late September and early October) are due to drop off in the next week or so, doesn't bode well!
Don’t worry too much, it does take previous rounds into account.
My current 8 counters would give me about a 3hcp. I had 2x gross 66’s (not in the last 20 rounds) last year that are holding my handicap lower.
pairs knockout today. Partner and I dovetailed nicely. Never down and went 3up twice before closing it out 2&1.
Great pair of lads too, the 13hcp was a bomber, he was flying my drives by 30yrd with a 60yrd fade.

TigerTime

Visit site
Getting a bit sick of the inconsistency in my game. It's absolutely killing enthusiasm I have for it.

Rounds this year that have counted: 93-84-85-86-83-97-97-98-94

Just utterly atrocious in every sense of the word. Beyond frustrating. Just when I think I've turned a corner this year and I was aiming to be consistently under 90 with those 4 good scores it just goes to complete crap and I'm back where I was this time last year. Dreadful.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Had a very strange time of it!
Birdie putt on 1st slipped by, but easy tap in par.
Then to the par 4 second. Nice tee shot to fairway, pulled 2nd shot to side of green, pin high, but bunkers between me and the green. Lob wedge into bunker. Lob wedge out of bunker flew the green and ended up in heavy rough over a path. Chunk onto path. Drop and chunk chip again to front edge of green, into a hole surrounded by grass. Honestly, like an egg in an egg cup. Heavy chip to 20 foot, 3 putt for a 10! On a par 4! No penalty shots or anything!
Then went par, birdie, par, bogey, par, bogey, par and finished the front 9 eventually on 43, 2 over handicap... with a 10!
Couldn't putt anything back nine and shot 45 to finish 88.
Still, in a medal and 2 over handicap when all shots downgraded, didn't come last and got £4.44 for the birdie 2, means all is not terrible.
And I know why my putting went to pot back nine too, so easily fixable.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Senior Pairs comp at Rotherham GC, although ended up playing without a partner as unfortunately my PP injured his back whilst gardening as week. Dreadful start as I topped my first six driver / iron shots on the 1st & 2nd for two blobs. Gradually got better and got 2pts on each of holes 11 to 17, leaving tap ins on all of them as just couldn’t sink a putt.

Sadly not a single par and ended with just 24 pts.

The course is Danny Willett’s home club and one of the parking spaces has ‘Reserved for the 2016 Masters Champion’. Nice touch, but suspect that it doesn’t get used much.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early again...drizzly rain but little breeze.
Standing water on some greens but it had been raining for nigh on 30 hours so that's fair enough
The game is starting to recover from the mini slump I've been in although the bad shots still creep in with more regularity than I would like.
Didn't score as I was hitting several shots on occasions but 80 would have been broken.
Work in progress...but getting there.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played two knockout matches today (different comps), deadline for both is this Saturday and this was only viable option left.

First match, tee'd off at 9.16, we were both playing off 15, I was in control the whole way round and ended up winning 3&2.

2nd match, 4.12 tee time. Giving the other player 8 shots, was like I'd forgotten how to play golf. 6 down after 8, managed to get it back to 2 but the damage was done on the front 9 and ended up losing 3&2.

Jason.H

Visit site
1st time out in the scratch team today, away fixture I lost 5 and 3. Didn’t play my best but my opponent had a Stella round. He was a 1.4 handicapper and me 5.4. Really enjoyed the experience but know I need to do better.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play at lot of matchplay golf and generally have a pretty fair record however there is one course i never seen to do well at, the course is Rochdale and my record there is 100% losses, I have lost coz i have played badly, because my opponent played great and I even lost after being 5 up after nine.
Today was the latest in the saga, I didn't play badly, I misread a couple of greens, my opponent chipped in for a birdie and nearly repeat the feat on on a hole where she was getting a shot, she holed a few putts I left a couple on the edge. it was just one of those days. Still even though I lost it was a team match the the team won

AliMc

Visit site
Lovely day at Dunbar today, gents senior medal on but played in a 4bbb instead, round in 3 over 74 for a 1up win, wouldn't have scored that with a scorecard in my hand !

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Senior singles stableford open at Maxstoke GC today. Parkland course, in very good condition with excellent fairly fast greens. Good iron shots were rewarded though as the greens were holding.

In complete contrast to yesterday I played much better for 33pts (including three putts of under 2ft missed). In fact I have never hit so many good iron shots into greens, which hopefully bodes well for tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 23344

Played at my club today. Blobbed two holes on the first half due to wayward drives into the crap. Had a lightbulb moment … my driver doesn’t go that much further than my 5 wood (don’t carry a three wood as I don’t have the swing speed), but I hit that nice and straight. So I played the second half without using the driver and scored 22 points. I’m leaving the driver at home next time so I don’t get tempted to use it and I’ll see what happens. On the risk/reward scale, the driver just isn’t worth it for an old ‘un like me.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
played in the EG senior series at Sand Moor today, I hit the ball well but a combination of unlucky bounced and downright shocking putting, broke me and I more or less had given up after 7. I did birdie the 17th but a mere 23 points was shocking.