I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Invited by @Oddsocks to play his place, Croham Hurst, with @Dando, and one of Baz's mates, Dip, and had a great day.
We played fourball better ball matchplay, but sadly, the wrong team won after I bladed a chip on the 18th to gift the match to Dip and Baz... or Dip and Dipshit maybe? ?
Still, I beat Baz on stableford and strokeplay, at his own place (39 points, 81, 2 under hcap).
Nice course, but local knowledge is a must. Nunber of times I'd have been off the back of the green if Baz hadn't told me to take 10 yards off a shot would have been double figures.
Lovely beefburger with cheese and bacon, sans bacon, post round. Quite how you forget to put bacon in a bacon burger is beyond me. Hilariously, we mentioned it to them and a cooked rasher each turned up on a plate, but sadly, Dando had finished his burger.
Thanks to Baz and Dando for a lovely time.

Was a pleasure although I really felt for @Dando when you let him down again…. and a the crunch time.

oleinone

Visit site
Played Monday in a fun 11 hole pitch and put comp with lunch afterwards. 6pars, 3 bogies and 2 birdies for 34, 2nd best of the day. Yesterday a seniors matchplay comp at the opponents club. The forecast was bad but conditions were appalling with cold wind and incessant heavy rain. After half an hour, I'd have been happy to scrub but the others wanted to see it out. I was extremely well kitted out but quickly became very cold and could hardly feel my hands. Played like a complete plonker - just felt stiff and increasingly cheesed off. I support our senior matches faithfully and have never pulled out when the forecast is bad. I'll think twice next time.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Beautiful morning on the moray firth, but played garbage again. This working a night shift and playing after just isn't working, legs felt like lead, hips and back stiff
Started with pars on the first 5 holes then double bogey on 7, bogey on 8 then pars on 9,10, 11 and 12, before doubles on 13 and 14, the pars in.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors away match at Beedles Lake, me and my partner were 4 down after 4 and 5 down after 6, shook hands on the 11th having lost 8 and 7. :eek:

Biggest defeat I can remember having. The team lost 6-2.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My football tonight was cancelled. My wife was so keen to play golf again after playing well in Scotland that she suggested we go out after work! Knock me down with a feather.

I booked us in for 9 holes on the app (still has tee booking for week days) at 5 o'clock - when we got there there was about 8 blokes waiting on the tee. Ok then... Pro says there is a roll-up who haven't bothered signing themselves into the booking process. That's annoying. He says we can go off the 10th but we walk up there and there's a steady stream of people playing through and I don't want to cut in when my wife is still a new player. In the end we wandered over to the 17th where nobody was playing! Played 17-18-1-2-3-4-5-6 & the short 14th to finish.

I fluctuated between sublime and terrible. 17th, hit it to eight feet, missed birdie putt but tap-in par. 18th make a horse's arse of it and get a 7. On the 4th my drive was in the trees on the left but I managed to hit a Bubba-esque 9 iron draw over/round the trees, landing just short of the green and rolled up onto it to about 8 feet again. Honestly one of the best shots I've ever hit. Missed that birdie putt as well of course for another tap-in par. Then on the 110 yard 6th I knife it through the back and whiff under the ball on the chip so that's a blob. Of course. Ended up shooting 39 (total par for the holes we played would be 32).

My wife played a blinder down the first hole (17th) with a perfect drive and then a cracking hybrid which unluckily found the bunker. She continued to hit the ball nicely, too nicely at times as she has to start getting used to what her yardages are. But she ended up with 54, for around 19 points (off a handicap of around 45). And she even got a par on the 6th hole which I made a car crash of! Nicely done.

AliMc

Visit site
Left home today in beautiful sunshine for a game with my mate at Dunbar at half three, noticed the mist rolling in from the sea on an East wind in a thin strip on the coast as I approached Dunbar, it was absolutely freezing and at times almost unplayable, we cut across after our tee shots on the 9th to the 11th green to get in front of a couple of 4 balls that we had caught up, in the end was only 2 or 3 over for the holes we played, couple of hundred yards from the course it was lovely sunshine again

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A game of 3, slightly unequal, thirds....
1st 4 holes...1 under par gross, 11 points, striking it clean...
5 - 11 - played like I'd never played before...managed 6 points in this section - 10 over.....
12 - 18 - back on the scoring trail...level par and 18 points...including 3 birdies in the last 4 holes....
Small cut from nowhere...

Don't ask me.....I haven't got a clue..

D

Deleted member 15344

Racing Welfare charity day at Woburn today - 1 over gross for 36 points and think I may have been top 20 ?? - jockeys off 20 plus handicaps in the top 5 - at least I won longest drive ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week I had my best round for years.
This week, one of my worst!
Jeez, I just love golf!
Oh, the Guinness was superb both weeks.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played in a TeeTours Am/Am at Coventry today, our team were very steady but didn't have any big scoring holes, 88 points which won't be in the places.

I was pleased with my play, 38 points from my course handicap which might have been more; on the third hole one of the guys played from the rough, I was a little further on and hit my shot, only later did we discover he'd hit mine and I'd hit his ball. Never assume that your PP has hit his own ball and always check it's yours!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st round of the summer KO this evening. I was first out of the hat and the other guy was obviously 2nd out. Everyone else had a bye into the next round. I was giving five shots, and after 9 holes I was 1 over and 2 down. I lost 2/1 in the end. No hard feelings as we both played really well. The clincher was him being 1 under gross on his shot holes. I think he was 3 over for the 17 holes we played.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
13 holes this afternoon in glorious April sunshine. By really committing to hitting the ball I found myself hitting shots I’ve been trying to hit for ages. Something just clicked.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played my third club comp of the year yesterday and made another 2. That's 3 out of 3 so far. Came 9th out of 47 in the comp.
Differential of 4.5 achieved, but lost best score of 1.9. Consequently gone from 3.3 to 3.6.

It was a stableford comp, but telling you the number of points I got has little or no relevance. My golf score is in the info above.

Last 5 rounds have been; social, comp, comp, social and comp. All played with the same ball that has just gone in the retirement bucket.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a medal yesterday, I had had a putting lesson the previous day where several problems were pointed out, I spent time on the practice green and felt quite confident going out, I ended up going round in 91 with 44 putts!!

YandaB

Visit site
Well, what a week! I've never beaten 80 in a competition round before. I didn't just beat it, I smashed it with a 74 (CR 73). Knew I was doing well but just kept playing and writing down the numbers, only finding out at the end just how well! Gobsmacked was an understatement. Only one way from here though :LOL:.