I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

AliMc

Visit site
First medal of the year for me, not great shot 83 to finish about 70th out of 130 or so, some very good scores from the low h'cappers but they were mainly posted in the calmer morning, very windy and extremely cold when we played at 3pm

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the first time I can recall , non of the 120+ players in the field broke par (nett) yesterday.

It was a board comp and wind was brutal and the greens were fast. Nett 71 won and I managed to sneak third on countback with nett 73. PCC was 3 but my handicap still went up 0.2. :rolleyes:

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Piltdown again on Friday. Course in wonderful condition and the heather and gorse starting to come up slowly. Of course, I played like a moron but it's virtually impossible to not enjoy golf there.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Social game today, howling wind at 25-30mph but otherwise nice and warm and shot 89 gross off 16, really pleased

Still chuffed because it was my first walking round in years (use a buggy all the time)
12km for the round

RichA

Visit site
Played Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Friday was a pairs comp and I played my best since December (not WHS counting).
Yesterday was a social round and played better (gross 88 - not WHS counting).
Decided to put today's round into the EG app and had a shocker that knocked a decent round out of my last 20. ?
Good job I've already hit my cap or questions would be asked.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Let one slip today...
Jubilee Cup Stableford...one of the bigger events..
Tough conditions, strong wind, fast course, even faster greens...
Started on the 10th and was in control all the way round, turning with 19 points.
The wind was either up or down on that 9
Over to the other side and the wind is now across and it felt like playing a different course altogether
The course is rock hard as well, making chipping tough....
Just didn't make decent contact with the ball and struggled to 12 points and a 31 total
36 is leading Div1 at the moment and, without much thinking, I can pinpoint u or 8 stupid/poor shots I threw away.
Frustrating...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
our first trophy competition today and what a strange round, a bad start with a shocking triple bogey on the 2nd , but I got things back with 2 birdies and two pars and after 8 I was back level with my handicap, then a few bad breaks, what I thought was a lovely chip to the green on the 9th just kept rolling and ended up in the green side stream, a downhill putt on the 10th went 10 feet past, a safe layup on the 11th must have hit a down slope as the ball went 3o yds further than it should for the club and ended up right behind a tree, so I dropped 7 shots in those 3 holes without really doing anything wrong. I was pretty much beaten at that point and only really went though the motions for the rest of the round.

I lost the best round of my last 20 today as well and my handicap went up 0.6, so all in all a bad day although I feel I generally played well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Delighted and gutted in equal measures. Shot 40 points off the whites in the roll up. Came back in +3 gross including a double at the tenth. Lost by a point to a PP off 29. Silly mistake and no points at the 7th costly. A bad drive and a case of not taking the prudent route. Second both days but playing some nice golf and putted wonderfully with my Odyssey Protype #9 milled putter. Short game work on point but need more work in bunkers. Very happy despite second getting nothing in the Sunday roll up. A small field unusually so probably a good one to miss out as the pot was small

D

Deleted member 3432

I think today is the most difficult conditions I've played Silloth in.
Strong easterly and bone hard fairways, just couldn't control the ball downwind on the front 9 and brutal coming home.
About 6 left on the course when I finished and 75 leading, almost 2/3 of the field are N/R. I threw the towel in on 7 after running out of shots by the 4th :ROFLMAO:
At least I hit my 1st ever 400 yard yard drive down the 5th, flick with a sand wedge and a nice easy 3 putt par which summed up the day.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve just rejoined Lytham green drive after 3 years away! Handicap index of 16, gives me 18 shots in comps off the whites… i shot 95 last week so am trying to break 90 as a first goal!

yesterday was very windy and I started off with a triple and a double.. played well in spells with a couple of miracle up and downs thrown in. Ended up 91 gross nett 73. Which was decent.
just noticed my index has come down to 15.9!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st team scratch inter club match today since 2019 because of the pandemic. A home game and we were 3-1 down after the morning 4somes. An amazing turnaround in the afternoon winning the singles 5.5-2.5 for an overall win by a half point. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to Wexham Park with the wife. We decided to play the blue course this time - they're doing a lot of reconstruction work so it's temporarily shorter with some temp holes. At around 4200 yards I thought it would be perfect for my wife to have another go at 18 holes. Unfortunately the temp holes were really crap so I felt charging £26 was a bit rich, but here we are.

I played quite well, much better than yesterday. I did blob the third but it was one of the God awful temp holes - hitting off a mat to a narrow fairway with absolute garbage all down the right - lost my ball over there and just moved on to the next. Other than that though I didn't have any doubles even - one birdie (on SI 1 no less), five pars and 11 bogeys for a round of 78. The par is only 65 so can't really count it as breaking 80, but still 38 points so a good round. Putted so much better, on greens that were baked hard and rapid.

Wife played ok - she was grumpy because she wasn't hitting her driver as well as usual, but hit hybrid and irons well enough to get it round ok. She knocked in some nice putts too. Ended up with 114 for 33 points (off 45). Pretty decent, just three 9's on the card that spoilt it slightly.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played in our Jimmy Bruen match against greencastle today. They had a home draw so 3 matches there and 2 at our place.
We were put out last and it came down to our game.
1 down playing 16. I holed a 15 footer bird to go All square. We made bird on par 5 17 to go 1 up. Par the last to win 2 up.
Won 3 - 2 overall.

Captains plan of keeping his big guns at home and try to nick a point away worked out.

Great buzz. It's a differnt kind of nerves playing alternate shots for your club.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A weekend away with some mates, and had the pleasure today of playing Welshpool GC. Extremely hilly, but views to die for. A wonderful welcome, fabulous course, and 35 points in a stiff breeze, with an eagle at the par 5 10th. A few beers, great evening meal, and Royal St David’s tomorrow.

Retirement is bloody marvellous.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played 13 holes with couple of mates late afternoon and all of a sudden things seem to have slotted into place and most of the time things are happening as they are supposed to happen. Now if I could just start holing a few putts...there's always something...

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Practice round on Saturday as my normal PP are playing in France. It was very windy, but nice and warm, it gave me an opportunity to work on the changes from my last lesson - 76 blows showed I'm back on the right track, the 4 birdies helped offset the triple and double, both caused by going for tough shots that I may not have attempted had I had a card in hand.

AliMc

Visit site
First medal of the year for me, not great shot 83 to finish about 70th out of 130 or so, some very good scores from the low h'cappers but they were mainly posted in the calmer morning, very windy and extremely cold when we played at 3pm
A much nicer day at Sunny Dunny for a good 4 bbb, despite being 1 up after the front 9 and me being 1 under on the back 9 we still manged to lose on the 18th to a 4 net 3, still, knocked it round it 73 so much better than Saturday

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
31 points at Royal St David’s today. Another lovely course, with views of Harlech castle on one side, and the mountains of Snowdonia on the other - breathtaking.

Beautiful day, a warm welcome, and some good golf. If you’re ever in North Wales, put it near the top of your list.