I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in our swindle today. 18 out and 18 back for 36 points. Winning score was 41. To win, I would have required a gross 6 under? On the plus side, the greens have just become really good.

D

Deleted member 3432

Played in our swindle today. 18 out and 18 back for 36 points. Winning score was 41. To win, I would have required a gross 6 under? On the plus side, the greens have just become really good.

Guy who went rounds ours 5 under on Saturday was 12th in the comp...:ROFLMAO:

Only 2 players above him didn't have the dreaded blob on the card although 1 of the the 2 had a 10 on his card :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 3432

Tough school that.

Certainly is, WHS has done the low handicappers no favours at Silloth unless you can knock a few shots off the course record.

I know that if we could play general play rounds off the white or blue tees many low handicappers wouldn't bother with comps.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Testing, blustery conditions today..wind moving from 0-30 quicker than a Ferrari...
Started ok, a couple of silly doubles on the front but turned 3 over with back to back birdies on 8 and 9
Back 9 and the wind kicked up even more
Played really well to finish 4 over (75) which has cut me down to 6.1...just in time for a big comp on Sunday:rolleyes: - lose my shot on our 5th..
Still..8 birdies in my last 2 rounds which is unusual as I don't tend to get more than 1 or 2....

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Par 5, wind behind, hit a great drive, then carved my 2nd into a ditch, so took stroke and distance and rehit to 8 feet from the hole, holed the putt for a par 5
So glad it wasn't a par-3. I've seen it done. It was in a comp. OOB then in the hole. Chap was gutted. He still hasn't had a hole-in-one.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
If I'd gone OOB on a par three, there's no way I'd aim anywhere near the hole for my next shot!

Well it depends on format, if you are playing stableford and you don’t get a shot, then you need to get down in 2 to score, so you might as well go for it.

Medal be a different kettle of fish ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I'd gone OOB on a par three, there's no way I'd aim anywhere near the hole for my next shot!

Well it depends on format, if you are playing stableford and you don’t get a shot, then you need to get down in 2 to score, so you might as well go for it.

Medal be a different kettle of fish ?

No, I would just aim away from the hole.
Holing my second tee shot would just be unbearable, having not yet had a hole-in-one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
First comp at my new club. Different shots required, a very different test. Greens were quite superb, slick and fast. I need to become a better putter to score well, oh and chip tighter. Not much then ?. Very enjoyable though, bring on the rest of the season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last night: Wife is still mad keen at the moment so we went for another nine holes, this time Nine of Herts. I hit some bloody awful shots to be honest. After two holes I was worried she was going to beat me in gross scoring! But she had a couple of mares on the 5th and 6th unfortunately (thankfully). I ended up with 40 for 17 points somehow (honestly felt much worse than that), and she shot 56 for 19 points which was pretty good despite three poor holes.

Today: Rubbish again. Well you could say it was a game of three halves... First 5 holes were ok (one par four bogeys), the next 6 were horrendous (two triples, two doubles, two bogeys), then on the 12th I hit a cracking 5 wood onto the green which seemed to bring the half decent golf back again. Ended up parring 13, 14 & 16. Ended on 88 for 31 points. All the damage done on that middle stretch. Still, at least it was shorts and t-shirt weather.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
First medal of the year and I shot a very satisfying 6 over CR gross 78, nett 66. Won’t win medal overall as a lad off 23 hcap shot a nett 62 (it’s been coming and about time so pleased for him), but will win our Div 1. And I had a nice 2 with me in the 2s sweep. All good as follow-up to winning the Winter singles K/O Cup Monday just past. Must be doing something right ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Saturday roll up. Warmed up perfectly but struggled to get going but battled back for 35 points and manged a small tickle for coming second and a one shot handicap cut for the next 3 weeks. Missed the first prize by a single shot

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Shot 82, two under my handicap. For the second time in a week.
Sadly, a bunker on the par 5 3rd which had virtually no sand in it meant a 7 not a 5 on the card. Could have been so much better, but I scrambled well and holed some very lengthy putts.