I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

AliMc

Visit site
Midweek medal at Dunbar today, good conditions but got off to a bad start 4 over after 5, managed to get it round to the 15th tee 6 over, knocked a decent drive down the fairway but unfortunately caught the hidden bunker, as I approached it I saw that the rake as usual was half in half out the bunker (despite there being labels on the rake handles stating that they should be placed in the centre of the bunkers) and my ball as expected was under the rake on a downhill lie 6 inches from the back lip, thinned it out over the green onto the beach and walked off with a double bogey 6, not a happy bunny, ended up with 80 for a 0.2 h'cap increase so not the end of the world, onwards to The Roxburghe on Saturday

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stableford comp for me today, strange round, I hit the ball pretty well but my ball seemed to want to play in the sand, I found 7 bunkers, however my putting for a change was great 7 single putts and no three putts, all was going great until the 16th, my chip to the green ran on a bit and i over hit a putt up the hill and had my first 3 putt, sods law that on the 17th I had another uphill putt and probably with the previous hole in mind I left it quite a bit short for a second 3 putt. finally on the last which at the moment is almost impossible to putt on if you are n the wrong place I had my 3rd 3 putt.
So what was looking like being a very good round ended as a disappointing 34 points, good enough for maybe 0.1 off my handicap.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So...we thought we'd put a card in today.
Started on the 10th and I was 2 under gross after 3....Mmm....
Finished the front 9 1 over with a double and another birdie....OK...
Back 9 started with a bogey, then a birdie, par but then a couple of bogeys halted progress
Pars in put some back to finish 3 over 74 for 40 points and a cut to 5.5 which could go lower should the mythical PCC rear it's ugly head due to the Seniors comp thats on today..
A good day at the office.....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A month late, but my mate and I finally played our vets greensomes final. A decent pair of opponents, but we got off to a good start and finally nailed the win on the 15th, by 5 and 3.

One of the pair is the vets Captain and it was good of him to argue for extra time for me to be fit to play.

Now on to the foursomes final!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
A month late, but my mate and I finally played our vets greensomes final. A decent pair of opponents, but we got off to a good start and finally nailed the win on the 15th, by 5 and 3.

One of the pair is the vets Captain and it was good of him to argue for extra time for me to be fit to play.

Now on to the foursomes final!

Come on Chris, have you not been reading the match play reports lately…..we need a hole by hole account of how it played out.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Come on Chris, have you not been reading the match play reports lately…..we need a hole by hole account of how it played out.

You really dont Steve but ....................... I stood on the 1st, driver in hand and full of expectation..............

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Started on the 10th and I was 2 under gross after 3....Mmm....
Finished the front 9 1 over with a double and another birdie....OK...
Back 9 started with a bogey, then a birdie, par but then a couple of bogeys halted progress
Pars in put some back to finish 3 over 74 for 40 points and a cut to 5.5 which could go lower should the mythical PCC rear it's ugly head due to the Seniors comp thats on today..

Ooo down to 7
Losing a shot on “that “ hole…….
Hope it doesn’t mess with your head ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A good day at the office indeed! (y)
Re the bit in bold...It doesn't seem right that by pure chance of participants (remember the Ladies comp a little while ago) the PCC should be 'distorted' almost predictably - especially as it rarely moves, even when 'expected' to.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A good day at the office indeed! (y)
Re the bit in bold...It doesn't seem right that by pure chance of participants (remember the Ladies comp a little while ago) the PCC should be 'distorted' almost predictably - especially as it rarely moves, even when 'expected' to.
It didn't move....predictably.
That's a problem with the PCC...it's based on whoever is playing...and we can't control that.