I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 21258

Up at 5.30, Lovely day out, missed all the rain, just got to have fun in the wind. 36 holes. Got to bed at 1am.

(bigger pictures come up if clicked on)

D

Deleted member 3432

Yesterday's comp results published and finally no crazy scores.

That was no suprise since conditions were very tough, we started in a 2 club wind which soon became a 3 club wind. Fairways are like concrete and it was tougher with the wind at our back as the ball was going that far that you were barely in control of it at times.

Interestingly PCC was 0, as far as I'm concerned that was a joke.

One of my mates was playing across the Solway at Southerness and he reckoned it was brutal yesterday ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site

That was no suprise since conditions were very tough, we started in a 2 club wind which soon became a 3 club wind. Fairways are like concrete and it was tougher with the wind at our back as the ball was going that far that you were barely in control of it at times.

One of my mates was playing across the Solway at Southerness and he reckoned it was brutal yesterday ?

Bloody hell, we had a PCC of three on Saturday due to the wind and rain down the coast on the Fylde. It was savage ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Bloody hell, we had a PCC of three on Saturday due to the wind and rain down the coast on the Fylde. It was savage ?

I reckon it would take 70mph plus winds and a tsunami for that to happen up here ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Nor sure if its true or not but told the pcc Is done on the whole weather picture. So far we have had not one single pcc adjustment, one comp was 40mphwind and rain and no change ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
First full 18 for a while due to various circumstances.
Light rain to start but it dried up quite quickly and got pretty warm..another drop close to the end but only 5 minutes worth.
Due to our 2 tee start, various roll ups and other complications we started on the 10th.
A poor couple of shots saw me blob the 16th (our 7th) but fairly solid otherwise for a level handicap 9
Quite a patchy 2nd 9..doubled the 5th(14th) and 6th (15th) didn't fill me with hope of a respectable score but a birdie, par, birdie finish pushed me up to a 35 point haul.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Took a work colleague who was up from England on holiday and his 14 year old son out on Monifieth medal this afternoon - weather forecast for today was brutal but in fact it was gorgeous, sunny and barely a breath of wind - they loved the course and I could see why - greens were in great condition and you'd never have know that it had been battered with rain overnight and this morning.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
won 4@2, into the final of a board competition, so very happy, I had 2 shots and made a few mistakes but played well enough to ensure the mistakes weren't too damaging. Rolled in an 8 footer for par on our index 1 hole with a shot, my pp could only equal so we shook hands.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
On holiday in Devon played Holsworthy near Bideford with my son in law. Heavy rain on the way there but not a drop after we teed off. The course was in superb condition bearing in mind the recent weather down here. It played really long especially into the wind. For £30, £20 with a County Card, it was an absolute bargain and I would thoroughly recommend it. Friendly pro, members and catering staff.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played the Eden course in the first round of the Strathtyrum this afternoon, lovely weather, after the men playing in the morning got soaked. I played well but one again my putting let me down, gross 86 but 6 three putts.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
higher than normal, I am currently joint 31th which would just sneak into the scratch knockout probably although I have played the easier course, then there is top 16 net for another KO. not sure how i stand in that.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
played Lullingstone Park with @Steve Wilkes @Scholesy and steve's brother. only my second game with my new grip and swing and it was ok.

hit 10 fairways which is good for me and got 32 points

i still cant chip
Can't chip is an understatement, if you could only half chipped you would have had a bandit 42 points at least, although i can talk, i was nearly as bad around the greens