I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played at Okehampton today on the last day of our holiday. We followed two older couples in their buggies, crikey were they slow. Let us through on the 8th hole, nice enough people. Caught up with two old boys after that and they took about 20 minutes to play a shortish par 3. It drizzled all day and our scores reflected a bad day all round.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Very happy today!

Knockout match tonight with no shots given, won 3&1 to get through to 1/4 finals.

New PB of 77 which included 3 doubles in a row, so really happy with how I got myself back together. Also the closest I’ve ever been to a HIO, putting it 1 foot past and directly behind the flag, looking at the pitch mark nonidea how it didn’t go in. Although not a stroke play comp, that’s 4 shots better than my previous best competitive round.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strange day yesterday. First I had my iron fitting at Orka HQ. Unfortunately I sometimes have a problem with the Tom Hanks when I'm on the driving range or in a studio, and it started creeping in again. Hit some decent ones with my own 7 iron, but the ones he was handing me, my strike was so inconsistent we couldn't get any decent numbers, and as I got frustrated it just kept getting worse. Ultimately we had a chat after about 20 minutes and agreed that it wasn't worth persisting as we weren't getting much valid data - I was really grateful when he said this happens quite a lot and they wouldn't charge me for it, he didn't want to just send me out the door with irons if we weren't sure they were going to benefit me - the kind of good service Orka have become known for I think. Disappointing to drive all the way there and it being a bust, but I was grateful for how he handled it (sadly I didn't catch the guy's name, it wasn't Alex Comben but another chap).

As I had the afternoon off, I'd already planned to do nine holes with the old man. So I turn up with confidence at an all time low of course. Kinda duffed the first hole for a double, 2nd tee shot was a bit toppy but got away with it after a lucky bounce, and hit a fantastic approach onto the green with my 9 iron to make par (maybe I can hit a golf ball after all?) - then made birdie, par on the next two. Made another birdie at the 6th as well, but overall it was a mixed bag with two birdies, two pars, two bogeys and three doubles! 41 the score which is 19 points. So I won't be getting new irons like I thought, but at least I can still kind of hack my way around a course I guess. :LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Felt so much better today so decided to go to nairn and play with the boys. Quite a windy morning with a nice 4 club westerly. Bogeyed the first and 2nd but after that played quite nicely, parred 3,4 and 5, bogeyed 6. 3 over for the front 9. Started to hit it well on the back 9 with birdies on 15 and 18, for a 1 over, which tbh was very unexpected after how weak and ill I've felt the last week. Suppose to be playing a scramble tomorrow and at Castle Stuart on Monday, then it's the Northern counties seniors on Wednesday at Duff House, which I wasn't expecting to be fit for?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played at Cooden Beach with my school old boys golf society. Enjoyed it, despite the wind. Ended up with 33 points, so was fairly pleased. The highlight was parring the par 5 8th. Nice meal afterwards too.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Very windy until the 15th tonight, and didn't deal with it particularly well. I was suffering from a day of gardening, then football, then a few beers yesterday.

My timing was off and I was hitting push fades. Not ideal in a strong cross wind.
The front 9 was a struggle, especially a pair of awful doubles on 7 and 8.

The back 9 was better, still struggled cutting across the ball resulting in the right miss.

45 out 39 back.

No 3 putts was nice.
IMG-20210813-201612.jpg

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
My week at St Andrews is over and i am back home, a better last two days, a gross 79 on the Strathtyrum course yesterday not as good as it rounds as Par is 68 and course rating less than that, but any score in the 70s is good for me. Let down by a couple of strange shots with my PW and a couple of 3 putts, best gross score was 74v so npotthat far away.
Today was a stableford on the Jubilee, very breezy, the windiest it has bene all week, again a couple of 3 putts, one annoyingly after I was putting for an eagle, but generally didn't do too much wrong and finished 4th with 34 points, course rating is 2 over par so pretty much to handicap and probably worth a small handicap cut.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Kings yesterday in a Texas scramble for a memorial.
Hit the ball well and driving was excellent, straight down the middle every time.
Finished 1 under as a team but nowhere near winning it.
Glad to be back out playing as it was my first round in a few weeks.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Felt so much better today so decided to go to nairn and play with the boys. Quite a windy morning with a nice 4 club westerly. Bogeyed the first and 2nd but after that played quite nicely, parred 3,4 and 5, bogeyed 6. 3 over for the front 9. Started to hit it well on the back 9 with birdies on 15 and 18, for a 1 over, which tbh was very unexpected after how weak and ill I've felt the last week. Suppose to be playing a scramble tomorrow and at Castle Stuart on Monday, then it's the Northern counties seniors on Wednesday at Duff House, which I wasn't expecting to be fit for?

My old man is playing at Duff House on Wednesday as well for Fortrose.
Loves playing in the seniors matches, bacon roll and coffee to start and a two course meal to finish all for £15

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My old man is playing at Duff House on Wednesday as well for Fortrose.
Loves playing in the seniors matches, bacon roll and coffee to start and a two course meal to finish all for £15
We have a bye in the morning as we made the final last year. Downside is if we win prob have to say over as our next game is first thing Thursday. First ive head of any food before or after. Club pays our entry and we get expenses for food

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Managed to jump in with a fella playing on his own, well he had his non playing wife in tow but she cleared off sharpish once she realised he was ok with it, LOL. He wanted his card marking for his set of three for his H/C. No problem. He'd only been playing since July last year. Oh well I thought. I've got a game. Huh. He didn't use his driver as he "had no idea where it would go". He didn't bluddy need it as he clipped the ball off most of the tees easyilly with a Callaway hybrid about 200 yards! He played lovely bogey golf until the 13th, then things went a bit wonky but he got it back together on the last three. I gave him my XR Speed to try on the 18th after he'd teed off. Two drives down the middle Boom Boom. Opened his eyes a touch. Nice fella, but has no mates at the club yet. We've swapped numbers and I hope to join him in two weeks. If I can drag myself out of bed for his stupid o'clock t time, he has problems sleeping apparently. I played great, apart from taking four a bunker on the last and giving up and chucking the ball out. Just trying to keep in form for the next round of the KO.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The weekend after course maintenance week, finally got the driver working again 16pts out probably could have turned it into 19 if the greens were playable. Not so good back enough to give me some encouragement for next week.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in an mid handicap open at the golf club my mother in law is the secretary for.

After a disastrous start (a 10, yes ten!) on the first, I played probably my best golf ever to finish up with an 84 net 69 and actually coming in 2 shots under CH. 2 birdies helped.

Driving was the best its ever been, all straight and my mishits were low runners that still rolled out a good distance.

Only downside was wedges which I'm normally fairly confident with but for whatever reason they were pushing right today.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a 4BBB today. First time I've played on greens that I'd class as silly fast. Even the 2 members I played with struggled on the greens. 2 putts were acknowledged with silent nods of appreciation, they were rare events. I like fast, silly fast not so much.

General play okay in parts, driving very good. Tired towards the end though, it's been tiring week ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We had a golf in Scotland Texas Scramble yesterday, and some mates were keen to play and in my still weakened state I knew I wouldn't have to play that many shots , as it was 4 drives and one had to be a par 3 once you had had yours on a par3 you couldn't hit on any of the others.. the guys had a plan and and had thought it all through??

It was slow, very slow. The field was made up visitors mostly, who by the look of things hadn't played the course before, there was plenty of waiting for greens to clear by groups in front who had much further for their 2nd than they had hit their drives.
Alas we had a last min drop out and the replacement was the most inconsistent player I know, it was a struggle getting his drives in as he either lost the ball off the tee or put it in a bunker. Tbh we got a score better than expected but were way off the pace. Despite the slow nature and the odd shower it was good to be back playing again

D

Deleted member 3432

We had a golf in Scotland Texas Scramble yesterday, and some mates were keen to play and in my still weakened state I knew I wouldn't have to play that many shots , as it was 4 drives and one had to be a par 3 once you had had yours on a par3 you couldn't hit on any of the others.. the guys had a plan and and had thought it all through??

It was slow, very slow. The field was made up visitors mostly, who by the look of things hadn't played the course before, there was plenty of waiting for greens to clear by groups in front who had much further for their 2nd than they had hit their drives.
Alas we had a last min drop out and the replacement was the most inconsistent player I know, it was a struggle getting his drives in as he either lost the ball off the tee or put it in a bunker. Tbh we got a score better than expected but were way off the pace. Despite the slow nature and the odd shower it was good to be back playing again

That's if you can call a texas scramble golf ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday. One of those days with plenty of good holes and plenty of shocking ones and not much in between. If a few of the shocking ones had just been mediocre, I'd have been on for a good score, but in the end it was 87 for 32 points. Seven pars, six doubles/triples, says it all really. The other day my missus agreed to get me a new putter for my upcoming birthday, so of course the putter was one of the better clubs in the bag for once. :LOL:

Today I went on a pitch and putt with the missus, as she's a total beginner but starting to get interested in it. She really enjoyed it and doesn't do too bad really. We had some fun in the afternoon sunshine anyway. (y)