I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
What's the course like? Used to queue up in the dark to play there back in the day.
If you are asking about Lullingstone, it's come on a lot since the 80's and 90's , I would suggest to anybody to give it a go who used to play it as they will be surprised, but don't leave it till the Winter.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a Seniors Open Stableford at Moor Hall GC near Birmingham today.
Steady front nine but back to back of poor tee shots cost me on two of the long par fours on the back nine, finished on 33 points.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Frilford green course of the whites with a member, then after lunch the blue course off the yellows. Not all my golf looked as good as the courses but some decent bits in there. Am expecting to seize up at the home office tomorrow!

D

Deleted member 1147

Quick 18 with a mate this afternoon. Shot 75, to play to handicap. Only 1 birdie, despite plenty of chances.

Need more birdies ✅

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
What an afternoon, 2nd round of the Strath qualifying on the New Course. We were last out and set off in sunshine, but it didnt last and by the time we were on the 2nd the heavens opened, it was biblical and we didnt have time to finish the hole before the klaxon sounded. The green was quickly flooded and we waited in one of the shelters for the rain to stop, it did after 15 minutes but then it was a wait for the greens to clear, I was amazed at how quickly that happened, had it been my home course it would have been a cancelled comp but we were soon back under way.
Sadly things were very slow, at one point there were 3 groups on one tee, we were probably off for 30-40 minutes but the round too well over 5 hours. It was hard to keep focus and my golf was very erratic, I think the back nine was double, par, double, par, double, double, double, par, birdie. At least it was a nice finish. Sadly I failed to qualify for either the scratch or the handicap knockouts, sp i have a consolation medal on Thursday to look forward to. I hope the weather is better than today!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A quick 9 this morning that turned into 18 as it was quiet
7 over so played to index, 2 better than CH.
Not many real birdie chances, nothing within 20 feet but the lag putting was on fire...
7 or 8 tap in pars after 20+ foot putts...
Medal tomorrow - more of the same required...or better.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was feeling a bit better today, so went for a few holes with Gogo at the kings. Hit it remarkably well considering, putting was pretty ropey. Only played 10 holes, which was more than enough, esp as it started raining, usually I'm not a fan of playing in the rain but it was quite refreshing, esp as I was starting to get a bit sweaty.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dried out in time for a round at the Castle Course this afternoon where I got soaked again, came in after 12, as I need to dry everything out for the next comp in the morning.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Nice 76 round the Cathedral Course at Chichester, A nice track, in good conditions, greens were quite slow but there had been lots of rain. Very happy considering I’ve not touched a club in 2wks, and I was +5 after 4 holes whilst I warmed up.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
After a shocking round in the comp on Saturday I ended up shooting to handicap tonight in exactly the same weather, despite a 9 on the 18th where we were basically just running and hitting our ball to escape the sideways stair rods falling from the sky! Was 1 over through the first 6 holes playing into a 30mph headwind. I had been 12 over at the same point on Saturday.

Funny game eh.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for 12 holes on the Medal course (front nine and then 16-18) this afternoon, gorgeous but a touch windy. Left the driver in the bag and hit three wood off most tees, atactic that shows promise. Wind was from what is traditionally the prevailing direction (West) but it's been mainly from the East for the last couple of years so it was a bit of novelty and made my last four holes play long.

Noticed when booking that World number 26 Akaya Furue of Japan was booked to play earlier in the afternoon and she and her family/coach/caddie were coming down the 18th as I set off.

When I took a guest from down south out on Monday he commented that he couldn't believe how many trains went past - to be honest the locals tune them out but after him saying that I've begun to notice them.

IMG_5896.jpg
Second with train passing and red flag on Barry Button army site which usually means live firing in progress I think - didn't hear any gunfire though

IMG_5900.jpg
Fourth from an unfortunate position in the dunes

IMG_5906.jpg
6th green with another train and red flag on Barry Buddon

IMG_5912.jpg
Short par 4 eighth

IMG_5913.jpg
Par 5 night just before it goes down a level

IMG_5915.jpg
...and another approach from a less than ideal spot

IMG_5917.jpg
18th from the right rough

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Summer KO this afternoon, a see-saw match saw me one down with two to play.
Great chip to gimme won the 17th so all square on the 18th.

The 18th is a 200 yard par 3 over water, I was between clubs and opted for the Slazenger Bobby Locke 3 1/2 wood but just couldn't get comfortable and made an uncommitted shot that was only going one way, splash!
Lost the hole and the match.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Medal today.......
No booked times so we turn up at a " good time to start" to find 3 3balls in front.....
Poor front 9 of +10 including a "lost" ball that we found after the 3 minutes.
Pulled a drive into trees but there's no rough under them so it should have been an easy find..
Nowhere to be seen..3 minutes up, I start trudging back
Halfway there CVG fi do it. It had, somehow, turned right and escaped the trees..
Too late to play it so 3 off the tee- bang, all shots gone.
Played better on the back..only +4 for 85/nett 76
Surprisingly sitting in 4th in Div 1..