I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 25172

Yes I had a look at hills as well , looks lovely but as you say expensive. The weather is also the other issue but Stockholm is probal wetter? And Malmö the best area ?

Yeah I believe Gothenburg is right up there when it comes to places where it rains the most in a year. Having said that I’m looking out the window here and it’s absolutely hammering it down.
Malmö might have the best overall weather over the course of a year, but it’s an absolute dump and I don’t wish it upon anyone to stay there for a prolonged period of time. :)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for nine holes this afternoon - thought the course might have some wet bits (especially the rough) given the rain of the last couple of days (course needs it, barely had any rain in last month etc. etc.) but it was dry - bit windy out there but nice

IMG_5856.jpg
This isn't the ideal approach angle to the 7th on the Ashludie course at Monifieth Links

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had 22 putts today. Only 3 of them were for birdie and only holed one of them. Finished 6 over with a double on the last after losing a ball.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Should have played in today's Charity Day competition, but the course was closed and it has to be rearranged. :mad:
My back garden was under 6" of water when I woke up!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definite mixed bag of a day.
Monthly medal, 4 over through 12 holes and playing well... then the heavens opened and I mean opened. Amazed the course remained open. It was biblical.

Properly struggled the 6 remaining holes dropping 10 shots. Triple on 13 and 16 and double on the last whilst wrestling each club to keep hold of it.

Signed for an 85 in the end and it could have been worse, far worse.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Inter club match today over at Chiltern Forest (1st time there for me). Oppo scored well early plus some mess ups by me, had me 4 down after 9. Rest of match was classic matchplay, momentum shifting all the time but unfortunately for me ended 1 down.
Passed Ellesborough on the way home ?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
What course(s) are you playing up here Louise?
I am playing in the Strathtyrum Tournament on the New and the Eden courses, more than likely play a comp on the Jubilee and maybe the Strathtyrum if I don't do well the first 2 days. Will probably look for somewhere to play on the Wednesday too.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I am playing in the Strathtyrum Tournament on the New and the Eden courses, more than likely play a comp on the Jubilee and maybe the Strathtyrum if I don't do well the first 2 days. Will probably look for somewhere to play on the Wednesday too.
Have a good time - Reason I asked was that when we played the Old Course last week the greens were much slower than I'd expected - not sure if that will be true of the other courses though.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last round of a 3 competitions in 5 days. The pairs knockout was an epic duel over 19 holes. The Singles knockout was positive moving to the next round and today’s 4BBB was a good steady -7 , and a 2 … so a good session. Weather was okay but today we had wind and rain and wasn’t too pleasant but if you don’t just get on with it your card will get ruined.
Now lying in a hot bath with Epsom salts to let the old body recover. Don’t think I will pick my bag up until Friday unless I feel super.

D

Deleted member 1147

Won a club match with a dog license.
I had 5 birdies and my partner was solid as a rock all the way round. We didn’t give them a chance.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Walked off after 7 holes due to a 4ball ahead. Waited on every single shot from the 2nd tee. Multiple chances to let us through (2 ball) and just ignored.
Bollocks to that, card NR’d and official complaint put in.
If it continues to go unchecked I’m leaving clubs. It’s been bloody dire since lock down.

D

Deleted member 3432

Proper Silloth conditions at last today.

Lovely 3 club wind to sort the men from the boys, course in fantastic condition.

75 with 3 three putts, no feel for pace on the greens. My fault for switching putter grip, the lighter grip I put on has totally upset the balance of the putter so heavier grip going back on.

Other than putting was hitting the ball very solidly.

D

Deleted member 15344

Club Champs weekend - couple of 74s saw me come second once again ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Finally some decent golf. 40 points and nice win on the last green. Did something I have never done before, and not likely to ever do again. Birdied our 6th and 15th. Anyone that knows the course will know how difficult the two holes are. 200 yards off the whites, very small greens and into a stiff wind. Couple of three woods tamed the holes. ?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have a good time - Reason I asked was that when we played the Old Course last week the greens were much slower than I'd expected - not sure if that will be true of the other courses though.

I had a practice round on the New this afternoon, the greens were slower than I expected they would be, hopefully I will adjust ok to them