I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played our club champion in the scratch knockout first round this evening. He is scratch and I am 3. He is also some decades younger. I was 5 down after 8, he was two under par.
I birdied the 9th to be 4 down at the turn.
I birdied the par 5 17th to take the game to the 18th. I lost one down. Actually feel quite proud of myself for taking the game to 18 holes.
Just poured myself a whiskey at home. Cheers, everyone.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a thoroughly lovely day out

Headed down to Southampton to meet up with my buddy who we must get together once - twice a year these days.

Played paultons golf course near paultons park theme park. Nice course

Hit one of my best scores ever with 5 pen shots and 3 lipped out putts lol never walked off so delighted yet slightly disappointed at the same time

However a great day. All the more fun because the idiot made us tee off the 10th .. I mean he has played before there lol much embarrassment and headed back to the 1st.. let through on tee by a kind 3 ball and then wizzed round in 3 hours

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went for a game with a friend of a friend at his course.
I had an absolute shocker .
Just got everything wrong from start to finish.
Just one of them days.
Strange thing is played last night never missed a shot.
Golf!!!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played in a Seniors 4BBB open at Kirby Muxloe GC today, dovetailed really well and scored 25 on the front 9 but couldn't keep it up on the back 9 where we scored 21.
46 was a good return though but there's already a 48 in so we won't have won.

Course was in excellent condition and the halfway house was offering the best samosas I've ever tasted!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a Seniors 4BBB open at Kirby Muxloe GC today, dovetailed really well and scored 25 on the front 9 but couldn't keep it up on the back 9 where we scored 21.
46 was a good return though but there's already a 48 in so we won't have won.

Course was in excellent condition and the halfway house was offering the best samosas I've ever tasted!
Samosas in a halfway house ?. My kind of place.

Yeah, yeah, 46 points, all very good but samosas after 9 holes..........?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played our club champion in the scratch knockout first round this evening. He is scratch and I am 3. He is also some decades younger. I was 5 down after 8, he was two under par.
I birdied the 9th to be 4 down at the turn.
I birdied the par 5 17th to take the game to the 18th. I lost one down. Actually feel quite proud of myself for taking the game to 18 holes.
Just poured myself a whiskey at home. Cheers, everyone.
Just seen all the “likes”. Thanks v.much everyone. Started to tear-up a bit. What a silly old fool.
Last night I thought I might be inviting some sarky/comedy remarks. Was ready for it. I can take a joke. I was the “loser” yesterday you understand.
Good loser, I suppose, was what got me the likes.
Think I need more whiskey.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played Burnham and Berrow today in the Capts Charity day... there were other Formers there... :)

Bowmaker, 2 from 3.. 80 points.. should have been a few more but played very solid, didn't hole enough putts though. 89 was winning when we left..... Several changes made with new tees and bunkers and a manufactured sandhill left of the 12th, that looks amazing! Super weather too... really enjoyable

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Played Burnham and Berrow today in the Capts Charity day... there were other Formers there... :)

Bowmaker, 2 from 3.. 80 points.. should have been a few more but played very solid, didn't hole enough putts though. 89 was winning when we left..... Several changes made with new tees and bunkers and a manufactured sandhill left of the 12th, that looks amazing! Super weather too... really enjoyable
Ah, think you pipped us by a few. Although as all three of us were first timers we didn't think that was too bad. Weather brilliant, enjoyable course, company and day. ?

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had our foursomes quarter final on Wednesday. We have been unbeaten in the last 2 and a half years..alas, with me still not 100 % and my pp doing his back in the morning of the game, the cards were stacked against us, esp giving away 9 shots. To cut a long story short, we lost on the 17th 2 down. The one thing that was worrying was neither of our oppo had a clue about the rules. On the first one of them announces he's in a seeded divot and was taking relief, he wasn't happy about being told he couldn't unless under penalty. On the 2nd tee shot slice low and right bounce 3 times then dived into thick rough short of the hazard. Red stakes are waters edge so def didn't make the hazard, no sign of it so his pp heads back to the tee to hit another as its a lost ball. Once his pp hits and finds the fairway a good 10.mins has past, and low and behold he finds the first ball and then expects to play it. On the 3rd the again find the water right, again a thick collar of rough some 10 feet from the hazard, but this Time we can see the ball in the water. Go to take their drop but marks from the edge of the fairway rather than the hazard and again gets the hump when he is corrected. Anyway to cut another long story short neither of them had any clue of the rules and they are a 6 and 9 handicap. Some of the things they came out with were truly staggering. Does make me wonder what sort of things go on in comps?

Last edited:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Just back from my debut on the Senior Open Circuit..... Southerndown this afternoon.

Nearly drowned. When the rain stopped the already blustery wind doubled its speed.

I played good solid golf and scrapped 29 points, the best in my 4 ball by several. Goodness knows what was decent in those conditions. No doubt an early starting local missed the rain and got 42.

Great food and hospitality after... they just need to sack whoever sorted the weather!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Just 9 holes this evening.

2 of which were played in torrential rain and gale force wind. One of which was SI.1 straight into the teeth of the wind. Hit the best tee shot of the round, then a lovely low draw with a 3 hybrid just shy of the green. Then a fully duffed chip that went 5 yards followed by 3 putts. ?

My driving has been great recently, but was appalling tonight and cost me 2 penalty shots. Not what I wanted when lined up to play a tree lined course tomorrow.

Still managed to get round in 39 blows, thanks to my irons and short game being very good.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played last night with my old PP and whupped him 6&5 on my way to a +5 (75). 4 birdies but a few too many bogeys. Kept doubles off the card again and no 3 putts.

Keeping it in the 70s is definitely pleasing but the silly mistakes like being short-sided on 2 holes that just also happen to be the most difficult greens on the course (look flat, not a flat surface on them) mean that I had stupidly long cross break/grain putts for par.

Happy enough overall. Just need to carry this in to tomorrow's medal.