I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 3432

Was that photo taken summer of 76 ? All courses down South are very green.:eek:

Since all of southern England seems to be on holiday in the Lake District we would give them the sort of weather they are used to and sent our weather down south :ROFLMAO:

The links is absolutely fantastic at present but you really have to think about clubbing. Through the back of the green is dead.

Raining today ☹

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Was that photo taken summer of 76 ? All courses down South are very green.:eek:
Listening to the radio in the car at lunchtime today and the presenter was moaning about his umbrella being broken -“soaked on way to the studio in Soho and will get soaked on way home” he said - we had heavy rain overnight and a bit this morning - first rain in three weeks - was sat in beer garden in Perth this afternoon - blue skies and lovely

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Really enjoyable doubles match today. Nip and tuck all the way, no side was ever more than 1 up. Got to the 17th 1 down, my PP knocked in a nice putt to square the match. Had been driving great all day, but hit a poor one on 18. Redeemed myself with a terrific hybrid to the edge of the green. Left myself a tricky 6 footer. Opponents missed their par putts, I rolled mine in to win the match, happy days!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I thought today was going to be the day, I started of with 5 pars and then birdied the 6th, uncertainty over club choice cost me dear on the 7th where I ended up wit ha triple bogey, but i recovered with another par on 8 but then didn't have another par, only hit 4 greens in regulation and 3 putted every one, so finished with a disappointing 85 13 over.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Finished =14th out of a field of 107 in the County Seniors Championship, 18 holes at Luffenham Heath.
Tough course and the wind made it tougher.
My score won't even get in my best 8.

Edit: Just seen my Differential = 5.6 for a ten over par! Told you it was tough going.
I was 7 shots behind the winner whose playing handicap was +4. Second place was 3 shots behind winner.
I was off 3, so that was why I was 7 shots behind a plus 4, I suppose.

Luffenham is going to host the England Seniors Championship in 2023.
36 holes stokeplay over two days, then top 16 into a matchplay. Week-long event with practice days beforehand.
Big. big chance for the Leicestershire lad who only turned 55 this year - bloody whippersnapper - he won the main County Championship as well - what a double!

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played pretty well today and my mate and I won our game 4 & 3.
Got within 6" of my first hole in one, a seven iron from 160yds, length was perfect but my line was a bit out!
If only I'd teed it up 6" further left than I actually did.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a great round today on Torrance park went round in 62 net, 14 FH 15 gir, putting could have been better a lot of 2 putts and 2 3 putts, but I'm over the moon and playing some good stuff recently ?️

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
22 ponts today in our 9 hole comp (was actually 23 in my mind, but 95% handicap allowance loses me a shot).

Played really well tee to green bar one terrible drive, but putting let me down, 3 putted 4 times in 9 holes, including 2 misses from 2-3 feet.

Currently winning the comp though, and a cut on the way, been a good week on the golf course.

D

Deleted member 15344

Club Handicap KO tonight giving 15 shots - was 1 under par , shook hands on the 12th losing 7&6

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Went for a knock with my boss and his mate who i hadn't seen since pre-covid times which was nice to catch up.

Golf was hit and miss, driving and putting was decent but i was duffing a lot of chips and getting stuck under a lot of trees so having to play 5 iron bump and runs from 100 yards out (i don't have trees on my course really).

8 pars which is good on a course I've only played once before.

4 triples less so ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
22 ponts today in our 9 hole comp (was actually 23 in my mind, but 95% handicap allowance loses me a shot).

Played really well tee to green bar one terrible drive, but putting let me down, 3 putted 4 times in 9 holes, including 2 misses from 2-3 feet.

Currently winning the comp though, and a cut on the way, been a good week on the golf course.
You need to change your mind, then.

The handicap that you used to play off in medals and stablefords has been replaced with a Playing Handicap for individual strokeplay. It has not been replaced with a Course Handicap.

Course Handicap is something new. It is a measure of "you against the course" in isolation with no competition element. It is used for handicap assessment and adjustment.

Stableford points scoring is a competition against other players where the correct playing handicap must be used.

Very well played in your 9-hole comp. I hope you won with 22 points. You deserve to win with that score.
Shame about the putting. But if you had scored 26 points you would have incurred the wrath of the WHS moaners.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You need to change your mind, then.

The handicap that you used to play off in medals and stablefords has been replaced with a Playing Handicap for individual strokeplay. It has not been replaced with a Course Handicap.

Course Handicap is something new. It is a measure of "you against the course" in isolation with no competition element. It is used for handicap assessment and adjustment.

Stableford points scoring is a competition against other players where the correct playing handicap must be used.

Very well played in your 9-hole comp. I hope you won with 22 points. You deserve to win with that score.
Shame about the putting. But if you had scored 26 points you would have incurred the wrath of the WHS moaners.

Before yesterday, my WHS handicap was 22.8, my 18 hole course handicap was 28, and my 9 hole course handicap was 13. When I played in the 9 hole comp, my playing handicap was 12, presumably down to the 95% rule.

The front 9 and back 9 are both par 35 with an equal split of SIs, so I couldn't understand why my 9 hole course handicap was 13 and not 14?

Won't know officially until Monday, but was still winning when I looked on the system late last night, so hopefully have got the win. WHS handicap has been cut to 22.3 this morning.