I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Early morning stableford comp this morning. Play was awful for the first six holes (for 6 pts), before I began to look like a golfer and ended up with 31 pts. I really seem to have added some distance to my driving and slightly downwind on the 14th measured one at 294 yards, a new longest drive for me (appreciate still short of forum distances).

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
First comp today playing off plus figures. Started well until I got to the Si.18 par 3. Standing on the tee knowing it’s a par 2 will take a little getting use too.
Made a complete hash of it and walked off with a triple. (ducking?mint).
Rallied for a 75 but would have been far better with a par on that hole.
And remember: Nett double bogey limit means your 6 is adjusted to a 4 (nett 5). Your differential will therefore be based on an adjusted gross score of 73. (Unless I'm wrong)
Has that cheered you up a bit?
Edit: Oh, you already worked that one out. (Read whole thread V. EMH, before posting)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Boy was it warm and slow out there today. Played a little bounce match against my mate, pride and a fiver up for grabs.
Smashed him 6&5 and he wasn't playing all that badly. I managed a very respectable 74 (par 70) and drove and putted really quite nicely. Was originally going to do a GP score but our other mate (who has a HC index) couldn't make it.

With the exception of 2 rounds this year (inc comps) all have been in the 70's with the two that weren't being 80 and 81. Feels like something has clicked, and it's not my shoulder this time!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Our course maintenance was carried out under advice from the agronomist to do it early. The greens were, as you would expect, awful but my iron play improved and I shot a nett 71.

At last a round with no increase in handicap index!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Slow knock this morning, stuck behind about 4 4balls all playing pairs matches.

Absolute shambles of a front 9, 3 off the tee twice on top of a couple of unnecessary doubles through duffed shots and poor putting.

Back 9 I ended up 6 over for 21 pts, mainly due to a 6 on the par 3 11th.

Stupid game. But desperately need to get some consistency back before Saturday and the club champs. I don't mind if I was struggling with one thing as I could find a way around it, but every element was up and down all round.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for a hit tonight on the Ashludie to try to eliminate the 'big right' miss with the driver ahead of Tuesday morning's trip to the Old Course - I understand know that's not what you want out there.

Played the first couple of holes and caught a four ball who weren't going to be quick so skipped across and just basically had a wander around the holes where there's a fair bit of room - adjustment to my grip seems to have fixed the problem albeit probably only temporarily but if it gets me off the first tee in St Andrews without embarrassment then I'll be happy.

Walked off the ninth (sure I played it at least three times on my wander) and headed home at 9.55pm - could probably have got a couple more holes in - lovely light out there tonight for photography - sadly I didn't have a camera with me so these are just a couple of phone pics.

IMG_5767.jpg
6th green Ashludie Links, Monifieth - I didn't actually play this hole tonight

IMG_5768.jpg
Walked up the bank on the right of the tenth to take this pic - found a random ball sitting in the heather - didn't pick it up, it was a tatty Pinnacle

D

Deleted member 3432

Out for a hit tonight on the Ashludie to try to eliminate the 'big right' miss with the driver ahead of Tuesday morning's trip to the Old Course - I understand know that's not what you want out there.

Played the first couple of holes and caught a four ball who weren't going to be quick so skipped across and just basically had a wander around the holes where there's a fair bit of room - adjustment to my grip seems to have fixed the problem albeit probably only temporarily but if it gets me off the first tee in St Andrews without embarrassment then I'll be happy.

Walked off the ninth (sure I played it at least three times on my wander) and headed home at 9.55pm - could probably have got a couple more holes in - lovely light out there tonight for photography - sadly I didn't have a camera with me so these are just a couple of phone pics.

View attachment 37730
6th green Ashludie Links, Monifieth - I didn't actually play this hole tonight

View attachment 37729
Walked up the bank on the right of the tenth to take this pic - found a random ball sitting in the heather - didn't pick it up, it was a tatty Pinnacle
Now that's a proper colour fairway ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back on the course today after a week off thanks to Covid. And one of our mates who's barely played for a year was back out with us as well which was nice. We were meant to be due a thunderstorm which would have been sod's law after being trapped indoors all week, but it stayed warm a humid with only a couple of literal spots of moisture, thankfully.

First couple of holes were eventually. Topped it off the first, leaving 100 yards in which I stuck to about 2.5 feet with the gap wedge and holed it for par. Second hole I left my approach short of the green, but holed it with the putter for birdie, so one under after two somehow. That was as good as it got though. Long story short I blobbed the 4th and 7th and still managed 18 points by half way, however too many 6s on the back nine left me with a score of 33 points - boosted nicely though by parring the last two holes to save a respectable number.

Afterwards, my club was holding a "Women On Par" event to try and attract new ladies to the club. I got my wife to come down, she played once with me last year but has expressed some interest in having another go. They basically gave her a free lesson in the practise area, which enjoyed and hit a few good shots - with a natural draw (or hook perhaps..). I really think she does well for a beginner, she has good natural coordination from badminton and tennis. They had mini course set up as well but she got she and said she would be up for 9 holes with me on another day. She really enjoyed hitting it and I think has started to understand why I enjoy it so much from the odd pure strike here and there!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Just aim at the 18th tee so that it "fades" back to the middle, problem solved o_O:cool:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Momentous day today : 45 points and broke 90 for the first time.

Started off poorly with 2 1-pointers, but it all came together. Nothing flash, putting was average, but driving and hybrids were decent, and just played percentage golf rather than going for ridiculous shots. Scored on every hole, never looked like losing a ball.

Last few holes were a bit nervy as I knew it was close!

Chuffed as the two goals I set myself for this summer were to break 90 and to get the handicap down to 20. That's currently 22.8 after 4 cuts in recent weeks, so going the right way. Unfortunately today wasn't a comp so no help with the handicap, but that doesn't really bother me at the moment, just glad to have reached one of the targets.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Second round of the County Seniors scratch knockout. Drawn away. Trying to hang in there at 1 down with 2 to go and opponent birdied 17th to beat me 2 and 1.
Next week I am playing the club champion in first round of club scratch knockout.
They are all making a happy man feel very old at the moment.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Momentous day today : 45 points and broke 90 for the first time.

Started off poorly with 2 1-pointers, but it all came together. Nothing flash, putting was average, but driving and hybrids were decent, and just played percentage golf rather than going for ridiculous shots. Scored on every hole, never looked like losing a ball.

Last few holes were a bit nervy as I knew it was close!

Chuffed as the two goals I set myself for this summer were to break 90 and to get the handicap down to 20. That's currently 22.8 after 4 cuts in recent weeks, so going the right way. Unfortunately today wasn't a comp so no help with the handicap, but that doesn't really bother me at the moment, just glad to have reached one of the targets.
It's brilliant to get past those types of milestones. Great stuff ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Second round of the County Seniors scratch knockout. Drawn away. Trying to hang in there at 1 down with 2 to go and opponent birdied 17th to beat me 2 and 1.
Next week I am playing the club champion in first round of club scratch knockout.
They are all making a happy man feel very old at the moment.

You did well to get to 17 at the away course, he's a wily competitor, must have been a good match.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for nine holes after work - couldn't nip off early as had stuff to finish with day off tomorrow so got booked two slots behind a three ball - course largely empty though so played first two holes and nipped across to the ninth - glad I went out because I've decided tactic for early tomorrow (with no opportunity to warm up) in St Andrews is very definitely mini driver off the first. Weather looks decent in the morning - early night for me, up at 5am out the door at 6am.

IMG_5769.jpg
13th hole, Ashludie Links, Monifieth