I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our first medal competition today and I my golf was argueably worse than last week, it started reasonably but a couple of 3 putts early really knocked me, especially on the 3rd where i had a 12 footer for a birdie and knocked it 6 feet past, missed the return.
Apart from my driving which is holding up well, I was so inconsistent, i would normally expect to hit 9 out of 10 shot pretty well, but I am currently at about 5 so many tops and fluffs, poor putting isn't helping either, I went round in 102, 20 shots over my handicap!!
It looks like i will go up from 9.9 to around 10.5 as I lose my best score, if things dont improve soon I will be up to 12 in a few weeks.

Hopefully the lesson i have booked next week can get me back on the right track

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I don't have a handicap, but consider myself around 22. Played today and was somehow 1 over after 11. However wind really got up and although it was not into, it really affected my game and ended 13 over, having dropped 10 shots on 3 holes. Only 28 putts which was down to really good approach play and some decent long putts. Roll on Sunday!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played Nairn this morning, sunny but freezing, the wind cut right through you, no place for the old. Ball went nowhere on the front 9, bogy on the first 3 then pars,5,6,7, birdied 8 and 9. down wind was much easier, hit some good drives and a few good iron shots, the lesson on Tues def helped,

The people in front got a bit tetchy on 15 and Jonesy and i both drove in to the left fairway bunker, when we got to the 16th tee they were still on the tee waiting to moan why we hadn't shouted 4, its 240 to that bunker and we were both sure they where on the green when we hit, we apologised and Jonesy said he thought they had played there 3rds:LOL:. to make matter worse on 18 i was in the 2nd RH fairway and Jonesy just short was on the downslope and he isn't a big hitter and off 10, had 250 at least to the green and his 3 playing partners all suspected he would thin in into the face of the bunker in front of him. Flushed it and it ran up onto the green to about a foot, alas the group in front were only just walking onto the green, more apologies, but they were not happy

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with CVG this morning.
A tad fresh but nice once the sun came over the hill.
Had a really poor ball striking round earlier in the week and today was much better.
Still a few thins and toes but overall much more like it
17 points out, 16 back as the breeze got up.
Short game excellent and even better out of bunkers.....whats going on?

D

Deleted member 3432

Finally hitting it straight apart from one 7 iron pin high 20 yards left into the gorse.

Chipping moderate, not playing the right shot and left about 6 putts centre cup but 6 inches short ??

Up to 9 degrees today so temperature tolerable and northerly wind didn't pick up until the last 5 holes, just in time to make them play very long.

Course fairly empty, the members must be getting golfed out....

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Worst round since the reopening for me today. Mainly due to a horrendous run between holes 10 to 15. Slightly annoyed as it was getting marked for an initial handicap card.

Wind was up and I just couldn't get the measure of the greens which were lightning compared to how they normally run at our place.

In my defence the two lads I played with were also pretty shocking and they're far better players than I.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played my new course today where the last 5 holes played very long. Any ideas? ?

I didn’t score, but guess I was in the mid 20s pts wise. 4 shanks ? 2 from iffy lies and 1 half wedge so not worried... I did have a 8” birdie to make up

Course was stunning as was the t-shirt weather. I’ve just booked in for the Wednesday comp. Can’t wait

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Played my new course today where the last 5 holes played very long. Any ideas? ?

I didn’t score, but guess I was in the mid 20s pts wise. 4 shanks ? 2 from iffy lies and 1 half wedge so not worried... I did have a 8” birdie to make up

Course was stunning as was the t-shirt weather. I’ve just booked in for the Wednesday comp. Can’t wait

West Lancs?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
7am round and working on something with my driving. Perfecting the two way miss until 11 and then 13, both times it worked I was in totally different parts of the fairway. Exciting times ?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ended up playing a hastily arranged knockout this morning, didnt hold out much hope but wanted a competitive game to try and get order yes terday. I played so much better even though i was still scuffing too many. 4 pars in the first 6 holes saw me a couple of holes up, but I kept giving holes away due to bad shots. I always struggle against the girl I was playing, she is an excellent putter whereas I am shaky and sure enough she was consistantly holing the 5 or 6 footers that make such a difference (I would back her to hole 9 out of 10, whereas I am more like 4 out of 10) I was still 1up after 17, but then a couple of very unfortunate lies let me down and I lost the last 2 holes after 2 double bogies. Ultimately disappointing but I did play a lot better,
I think half my problem is mental, I let setbacks play on my mind, I wish i could just leave bad holes behind me in stroke play

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Had intended going out on the shorter Ashludie tonight and taking nothing longer than a hybrid to hit lots of irons, but it was very busy and I noticed there was nobody booked on the Medal after 5pm so switch my booking to there. Did take a driver but it was the SIM Max which I've not really liked on it's previous outings - left my SLDR which I love at home.

As it was I ended up hitting the SIM pretty well and hit lots of irons too, ended up hitting them much better than the previous couple of rounds. There may be a place for the SIM yet, I've learned with the Cobra one length hybrid (which I now love) that initial impressions aren't always right.

Weather app said 12-24 mph wind from North West but although it had the direction correct it was significantly stronger than forecast (I'd have said in the 30mph range) and it was very cold on the hands for the last three or four holes. Didn't see anyone in front of or behind me all the way round and despite the cold it was lovely out there. Going to be busy with day job and football for next few days so glad I got out tonight.

IMG_5027.jpg
Seventh green Monifieth medal with one of several little storms (which skirted the course and slid past) over the Tay and a train heading for Aberdeen

IMG_5040.jpg
Walking off the 13th tee, humps, bumps and ridges, this is the sort of stuff I wish i had a proper camera with me for.

IMG_5041.jpg
16th green with a little fire in the sky behind the town.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had intended going out on the shorter Ashludie tonight and taking nothing longer than a hybrid to hit lots of irons, but it was very busy and I noticed there was nobody booked on the Medal after 5pm so switch my booking to there. Did take a driver but it was the SIM Max which I've not really liked on it's previous outings - left my SLDR which I love at home.

As it was I ended up hitting the SIM pretty well and hit lots of irons too, ended up hitting them much better than the previous couple of rounds. There may be a place for the SIM yet, I've learned with the Cobra one length hybrid (which I now love) that initial impressions aren't always right.

Weather app said 12-24 mph wind from North West but although it had the direction correct it was significantly stronger than forecast (I'd have said in the 30mph range) and it was very cold on the hands for the last three or four holes. Didn't see anyone in front of or behind me all the way round and despite the cold it was lovely out there. Going to be busy with day job and football for next few days so glad I got out tonight.

View attachment 36096
Seventh green Monifieth medal with one of several little storms (which skirted the course and slid past) over the Tay and a train heading for Aberdeen

View attachment 36097
Walking off the 13th tee, humps, bumps and ridges, this is the sort of stuff I wish i had a proper camera with me for.

View attachment 36098
16th green with a little fire in the sky behind the town.

Great photos in fairness ?? Nothing like a course to yourself of an evening to figure a few things out and just soak up the peace and solitude. Love it ??

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Great photos in fairness ?? Nothing like a course to yourself of an evening to figure a few things out and just soak up the peace and solitude. Love it ??
Cheers - I really need to find a night with excellent light (tonight had good potential but didn't quite get as pretty as it can be) and take the proper camera out instead of the clubs.

I love going out on my own and fixing something that's not quite right, tonight got a bit (a lot) too chilly at the end but it was still great to be out there.

In other news we got emailed today to tell us that from 12th April we can have guests on weekdays (except Wednesday) afternoons, though we have to book them by phone rather than through BRS - may have to arrange a work meeting out here rather than by Microsoft Teams in the near future, been six months since I've seen any of my workmates.

And we now have a waiting list for adults - things you never thought you'd see again.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers - I really need to find a night with excellent light (tonight had good potential but didn't quite get as pretty as it can be) and take the proper camera out instead of the clubs.

I love going out on my own and fixing something that's not quite right, tonight got a bit (a lot) too chilly at the end but it was still great to be out there.

In other news we got emailed today to tell us that from 12th April we can have guests on weekdays (except Wednesday) afternoons, though we have to book them by phone rather than through BRS - may have to arrange a work meeting out here rather than by Microsoft Teams in the near future, been six months since I've seen any of my workmates.

And we now have a waiting list for adults - things you never thought you'd see again.

Well if that’s not good light and you’re taking them with a lesser camera you obviously have the eye. As for meetings on the course bloody hell, fill your boots man! I’d love that.

Looking forward to warmer evenings, empty course, bliss. ??

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Well if that’s not good light and you’re taking them with a lesser camera you obviously have the eye. As for meetings on the course bloody hell, fill your boots man! I’d love that.

Looking forward to warmer evenings, empty course, bliss. ??
It's an iPhone and the light was nice just not as good as it can be. I've photographed a few golf tournaments - an Open, several Dunhill Cups and a Scottish Women's Open but by the time the light gets nice in the evenings I've usually been knackered from being out all day and editing/captioning and sending pics so I've never really tried to do scenic stuff on the courses - I'm hoping to do the British Women's Open at Carnoustie this year and as it's only six miles away I might just nip back in the evening and try to get some good stuff of the course in addition to the action.

We've had a few on course 'team meetings' over the years - invaluable 'melting pot' of creative ideas :cool: - I highly recommend them.