I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played with @Imurg this afternoon
Was up 17-14 after 9
Caught up the 4 ball in front on the 10th tee, they were still teeing off as we arrived. - no call through
Caught up with them again on the 12 th tee again they were still teeing off - no call through even though we were obviously the faster group.

Faced with the prospect of waiting for 5 minutes on every hole, we decided to skip to the par 3 16th which was empty

So played 16,17,18 and won by 1 point :)

A wins a win ?? but miffed that the round was curtailed my the ignorant group in front

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I don't have a handicap, but consider myself around 22. Played today and was somehow 1 over after 11. However wind really got up and although it was not into, it really affected my game and ended 13 over, having dropped 10 shots on 3 holes. Only 28 putts which was down to really good approach play and some decent long putts. Roll on Sunday!

Back to playing like a 22+ handicapper. Everything rubbish. Roll on Tuesday

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got snowed off first thing but managed to get a dozen holes in this evening with Fragger.
It seems only 1 aspect of my game can be working at any one time at the moment...
Driver was hot, most other things not.
Irons are mostly terrible..thins, toes..just ugly
22 points for the 12 holes so can't really grumble...

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Took a break from work to head out at 5.30 for a few holes as the weather was so nice, sunny all day - ended up playing all 18 on the Medal and the sun went behind the only big cloud in the sky for nearly all of it, so it wasn't particularly warm. Still nice though and I played pretty well - I've had a fair few birdies on the shorter Ashludie this year but hadn't birdied any of the holes on the Medal in 2021 before tonight but I fixed that with a birdie at the 15th. Irons were much better than of late and so was the putting till I three putted 18 to end up with a gross 86 - shouldn't have stopped to take pics of the pretty sky before putting.

It's a bit strange at the moment as on midweek evenings traditionally the Medal was busy and the wee Ashludie was where you went for a spontaneous knock around - it's the total opposite just now, The 'Ludie is busy and only two people went out after 4.30pm on the Medal, me and a guy half an hour after me who only played the front nine - so I had the whole back nine to myself - wonderful stuff.

IMG_5059.jpg
16th fairway with the sun finally emerging from that big cloud

IMG_5060.jpg
16th green with that nice sunlight

IMG_5068.jpg
18th green and from left to right the Grange and Broughty clubhouse, The Monifieth Links building and Monifieth Golf Club clubhouse - and that sky that made me three putt.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is hope in the old boy yet.
At least teh first round back was to handicap no sign of that sort of form since.

Yesterday I put more doubles on my card than I cared to remember.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played today from the yellows and had my best scoring round in a long time, 84 gross 65 nett, 43 Stableford, and that included dumping my tee shot into the pond in front of the 18th green and playing three off the tee. :eek:
Par 72, course rating 71.0 from the yellows.

Mizuno TP-9 in the bag, Wilson laminated 1 & 3 wood plus a Golden Goose putter.

1618325166610.png

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played sat/sun/mon at bootle

Sat off the whites 36pts. Driver great, putter stone cold
Sun off the whites 24pts. Everything bad.
Mon off the yellows 38pts. Short game wizard.

Weird thing is, off the whites I get 17 shots. Yellows in the society I get 11 ?

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Driving was terrible today. Lost 2 balls off the tee and it could easily have been at least 5 more except for lucky bounces off trees and the fact they've cut down a lot of scrub. Iron play and short game helped me out, but putting also let me down. Shot 84 which was surprising, but slightly annoyed as I feel I could have broken 80. However with a bit less good luck, I would have been in the 90's, so swings and roundabouts. Looking forward to Thursday with some trepidation.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the afternoon off and finally managed to get my dad a round at my club. I played pretty decent, shot 86 for 34 points (no blobs ?). Tried a small alteration to my putting grip, don't think it really helped. Still 37 putts. Whenever I hole one or two and think I've cracked it, along come a couple of three-putts and I'm back to square one.

But it's always great to get out with the old man. I mark him off 36 hcap, he managed 14 points out but his back nine was car crash, he just kept topping and toeing the ball and giving up, so only registered 3 more points! To be fair it was his first round since December and he gets a bit tired and stiff towards the end. I think he liked the course though and he still seemed like he might be keen on joining, so fingers crossed.

Weather was lovely, sun was out the whole time and it was superb to have a pint in the late afternoon, it's been a while. Great day! ??

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Due to renovations at home, my missus and I have had to relocate during working hours so that we can work ourselves... thankfully the mother in law is the secretary at a local golf club so she's set us up in a room overlooking the 18th Green!

As a result I managed to get out twice yesterday - out for 7 holes during my lunch hour (and a bit) and then once I'd finished work for another 11 holes.

Played alright, but absolute garbage on the greens (which themselves aren't great). Limited myself to one double bogey during the 11 holes after work, but due to my putting I only made a couple of pars as well. Drove the green on 17 and still 3 putted which was disappointing.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Got another 18 in on the Medal tonight - mainly to try out the new 3-4 wood (it's very much set at 4 just now) - played poorly early on with the exception of when I hit the new club - loving it so far. Much better on the way back. The 4 wood has brought a couple of holes I couldn't reach in regulation into range so well worth going out to test it.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
35pts in my first company off the yellows at Silloth. Blobbing the 18th left a sour taste.

However, what another lovely day up there. I even caught a bit of sun. I’ve heard it’s always like that up there...?

D

Deleted member 3432

35pts in my first company off the yellows at Silloth. Blobbing the 18th left a sour taste.

However, what another lovely day up there. I even caught a bit of sun. I’ve heard it’s always like that up there...?

Thats our one day of summer and I missed it.

Some good scores by the look of things.