I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Had one of those frustrating days where you strike it well, but the ball is always a yard or two from landing in the right spot and you just can't get the ball in the bloody.

Our greens are improving, but still bumpy and making putting difficult. Niether myself or my playing partner holed anything over about 4ft.

I do really need to cut out the stupid shots that are causing me double bogies. I know I'm doing it but I jusr can't back off the shot when I'm not feeling comfortable.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last tee time out, 18 holes after gardening all day, not recommended for good golf, driver everywhere but scored okay, the ball just didn't want to be lost:whistle:

The swan putting on the display on the lake, was the highlight of the round, great to be playing golf :-
View attachment 36188

Last time I saw swans on a golf course they were swimming in the bunkers.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
We had a message from the club yesterday morning to say that the greens were not cut due to frost. By the time I teed off at 3pm, that was obvious.

Mind you, still played OK if a little slow, but ironically, we could actually do with some rain down here!

Played ok, driving it well, the odd wayward iron shout restricted me to 32 points.

Back tomorrow. I've played twice a week since we reopened. Never done that before!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a day where I carried my playing partner for the entire round - he only scored on one hole (which I scored as well but we put him down.)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
79 in the last 2 competitions. Frustrating doesn’t cut it. Threw away a 73/74 on both occasions with stupid mistakes. Need some good scores soon or my HI will rise rapidly.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We had our singles qualifying comp running from wed to today. Off the stones so course playing long. Greens still nowhere near good yet so hard to be really positive putting.
Struggling off the tee with hooks. Hit it all over the course but short game bailed me out time and time again for 76 5 over.
Will comfortably qualify with that. Looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against the field.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played a pairs competition, all okay. Still a little ropey with the irons but straight and putter was a little cold for the first 9 .. a few bogeys that could been drained. But 3 birdies on the back 9 was positive. Not a winning score, but I suspect the card will be entered as all my scores were entered, I am struggling with all the processes if I am honest but I am sure they will become second nature .. fingers crossed I have not messed up the other pairs card.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Steady old day today. Out in 38, back in in 38.
6 over 76 with a few that go in the "could be improved" bucket including 2 stupid 3 putts on greens that were faster than they looked.

Bit overall, birdies on 2, 5, 11 and 13 saw me take back some of those shots.

RichA

Visit site
Playing solo this morning, got stuck behind 6 x fourballs playing in a comp. I joined the pair behind me, to slow us down. A Gurkha Rifleman and a member of the Royal Brunei Armed Forces, stationed at a nearby barracks. Lovely blokes. Great game.
Why did it take me nearly 50 years to join a golf club?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with Fragger this afternoon
Glorious weather.
Not so glorious golf.
Fighting a push with anything longer than a wedge today
Accumulated 32 points.....Fragger didn't........

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday evening for the first time since October up at Leckford. Gloriously still evening, beautifully quiet and peaceful. Played alright considering it's been 6 months since i swung a club; putting was a bit iffy but that was to be expected.

As it was evening the greenkeeper had the sprinklers going on a few of the greens, some of which were whizzing round a little too quickly for me to get a line, settle over the ball and hit my putt all in one go. Not a problem i thought, i'll just let the sprinkler go round, it's surely only a bit of water. Got a proper soaking! :LOL: I must have looked right muppet! The water was creating some nice rainbows etc, would have made some interesting photos with someone putting, the sprinkler water and the rainbow etc.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
One of those days today when nothing seemed to click.

Some great shots and some bad things which I haven’t done in a while.

Highlight of the round was sticking 5 iron to 10 feet on the par 3 6th, handicap golf struck back and I duly 3 putted. That hole just summed up the round really.

AliMc

Visit site
GP score at Dunbar this evening, 79 playing full length course, just couldn't buy a putt, still good enough for a 0.1 cut to HI but should have been so much better considering ball striking, course in great nick, greens are immaculate

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I essentially played cross country golf today - hitting the ball so far left that I was rarely playing up my own fairway, I knew what was causing but couldn't seem to do anything about it until the last 2 holes which split the (correct) fairways.

Weirdly scored pretty well though, holed some great putts and only had one 3 putt I think.

Feel like I'm getting closer to putting a decent score together but who knows when that'll be!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
40 points off the yellows this afternoon, hitting the ball well and my putting has definitely improved a bit since getting back out on the course.
Still loads of improvement to go but my confidence with wedges and shorter irons is sky high at the moment.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Went out on the shorter Ashludie course for the first time this month as I'm playing in the stableford on it on Wednesday - course was largely empty (weekend evenings are awesome at my place) - was on my own on the front nine and took extra care with set up as I'm making a change to my grip and played very nicely, best nine of 2021 so far. Met up with someone at the turn and played the back nine as a two - which led to not as much care and it was a bit hit and miss.

I never score a round in stableford points but had a quick calculation of what I would have scored if it had been a comp - 23 points out and 17 back - gross 84

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Im back!

2 weeks of Easter holidays for me to get back out on the golf course.

25 rounds now played since golf has returned. Some double down days in there, some scrambles etc too but plenty of golf in!

Scores are now avergaing between 86-93. 93 seems to be my bad round, its happened a few times. But this is drastic improvement from last years 105+'s.

My first comp win, a third place and second place in a 2 ball comp thrown in there too. Really really happy about these results.

If I could stop fatting like 5/6 shots a round and gain some consistency with my driver I think my handicap will rocket down... so to pratcise I go.

D

Deleted member 3432

Lesson this morning and not too far away with the swing at all.

Lifting the hands a little high at top of backswing causing a little backing up at impact with path and face going left.

Tightened backswing up and path and face now slightly right so hopefully can take the left side out of play which is my big miss.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
great day, here again. had a good match played with the oldest guy in the group who's 76 and still off 4, didn't miss a fairway all round and was through all the par 3's in three under with HIO on 4 and birdie on 14, bet he was some player in his youth