I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
great day, here again. had a good match played with the oldest guy in the group who's 76 and still off 4, didn't miss a fairway all round and was through all the par 3's in three under with HIO on 4 and birdie on 14, bet he was some player in his youth

What a player he must still be! HIO at 76! Lad!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am at that stage of one step forward and two steps back comparing today with Saturday. Just when I get one part working really well (great driving day today) another goes wrong (pull hooking the wedges today).

It's always easier to recover from a bad drive than it is from a bad wedge shot.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had my first round at my new club yesterday (Blackpool North Shore)...

Played OK. Lots of new clubs to review.. My favourite was my Cleveland Halo Hybrid. Also the two new cbx 2 wedges went really well. Gave me lots of confidence around the greens..

Putting wasn't great, but literally had no practice so wasn't to worried by that..

Now I just have to sort out this new HC.. That should be fun....

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I had my first round at my new club yesterday (Blackpool North Shore)...

Played OK. Lots of new clubs to review.. My favourite was my Cleveland Halo Hybrid. Also the two new cbx 2 wedges went really well. Gave me lots of confidence around the greens..

Putting wasn't great, but literally had no practice so wasn't to worried by that..

Now I just have to sort out this new HC.. That should be fun....

Nice, what made you choose there?

I'm over the estuary at Knott End and speaking to a few of the lads I've ended up in 4balls with they'd joined from North Shore and Fleetwood but seemed to be based purely on a location and cost basis. Yet to play North Shore myself!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Bit late to the party but managed my first golf after work this year (10 holes). Lovely evening, seemed to be the only one out there (perhaps everyone was protesting against the super league!) so it was "millionaires golf" - me and the wildlife. Irons were a huge improvement on the weekend's horror show.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out tonight on the Medal course to hit lots of irons (it's a work in progress with the new grip but when it's good it's much better than normal) - teed off at 5.30 and there was nobody behind me at all - pretty much had the course to myself and hardly any wind - enjoyed a nice leisurely hit. Day off from golf tomorrow as I head to Inverness for the football and then stableford comp on the Ashludie course on Wednesday night.

D

Deleted member 3432

Out tonight on the Medal course to hit lots of irons (it's a work in progress with the new grip but when it's good it's much better than normal) - teed off at 5.30 and there was nobody behind me at all - pretty much had the course to myself and hardly any wind - enjoyed a nice leisurely hit. Day off from golf tomorrow as I head to Inverness for the football and then stableford comp on the Ashludie course on Wednesday night.

No photos tonight?

Really enjoy looking at them (y)

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice, what made you choose there?

I'm over the estuary at Knott End and speaking to a few of the lads I've ended up in 4balls with they'd joined from North Shore and Fleetwood but seemed to be based purely on a location and cost basis. Yet to play North Shore myself!

Recommended by a friend of mine who is a member.. I was at Green Drive a couple of years ago but my mates there have moved to Fairhaven.. Big waiting list and joining fee their so was looking for somewhere reasonably close that I could get an immediate start at..

I did look at Knott End as I did like the course (only played once) but its a bit too far from South Shore..

The course needs a bit of work after lockdown to get back to perfect but I enjoyed my first round of many!!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Two Saturdays ago, as I posted, my team scored very well in a Texas Scramble and it turned out we finished 2nd in Div 2, but were disqualified due to an issue with the scorecard. Was a bit annoyed at that, but didn’t mark the card and so cannot comment.

This Saturday it was a charity team stableford, with three scores to count on each hole. Never known three scores to count before. Had a cracking start (even though I didn’t contribute until the 4th) and my usual pp had his best ever front nine, picking up 24pts on his own, for a combined 65pts out. Back nine not so good with 59pts for a total of 124. Just found out we came 2nd so very pleased with that.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Evening round yesterday - course was relatively quiet and so was the weather - good scoring conditions despite the greens maybe being a bit on the slow side.

Shot 38 out 38 in for a respectable 76, BUT on the card I had a double bogey and a quadruple bogey both on low SI par 4's - so could have been so much better - BUT I also sank 3 birdie putts on easier par 4's so pleased with that!

Funny old game!

We go again tomorrow evening.

AliMc

Visit site
Nice 4 ball game at Dunbar yesterday, won 3&2 but more down to my partner than me, 3 hours 15 minutes, just playing at a good pace without rushing, struggled to keep up with 4 ball in front but no one behind us for a couple of holes

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Went out for a knock last night and my dad offered to come along and "caddy". Very mixed bag of golf but mainly down to concentration i think as when I realised I'd started playing badly I managed to pull it together for the last 4 holes.

Might have to have my dad on the bag more often though, his green reading was absolutely phenomenal! I ignored him a couple of times at the start and missed - both times the line he offered was absolutely bob on, after that I involved him in every putt and it was one of my best putting displays this year.
I can only put it down to 50-odd years of being a decent level crown green bowler.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
great morning for it at Nairn, hit it pretty good again, but putting let me down again no birdies, but no 3 putts. Drove the ball very well again and hit some lovely iron shots. might take a break till Sat, first Silver comp the Findley cup.

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Semi-final of the senior winter knockout (matchplay). Played pretty well but couldn't get beyond being 2 up - so was still 2 up with 3 to play. Dumped 2nd shot into the pond on 16, then put tee shot on 17 into same pond. So all square going up the last and put tee shot behind trees on the dogleg. Choice of dodgy shot under trees, or risky shot over. Chose latter and put it to 6ft. My best shot since we came out of lockdown. A par won me the hole & match. Now in my first ever matchplay final. :).

D

Deleted member 3432

Silloth in outstanding nick again today.
Wind still coming from the North so the longer back 9 playing tough. Starting to swing it better, I just need some trust in myself as all my poor shots came from not committing to the shot.

Annoying double when I airmailed the green on 12 straight into the gorse. 205 yard 4 iron carry into the wind. Knew I flushed it but too much club was the last thing on my mind, was actually thinking easy 2 iron was the shot ?

At least I can drop another junk score from my HI, just need to starting getting them into low
70's now.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out to play in the stableford tonight - my first comp in at least five years - had a couple of four balls in front of us who were obviously also playing in comps so a bit slower than normal.

I'd like to think that playing a comp makes no difference to me but it obviously did on the evidence of the start of this round - four putted the first (including a miss from less than a foot) and then took four to get down from not far off the green at the second and third - steadied up a little after that apart from an adventure with a gorse bush on the 8th - out in 13 points :eek:.

Started back with a near outrageous fluke as I thinned/pulled/duffed my wedge approach into the green on the 10th, landed on the front of the green and squirted across the surface before horseshoeing around the hole and coming to rest about 4 inches away leaving a tap in birdie. Steady stuff after that without holing any putts of length - 21 points back for a total of 34 which leaves me middle of the pack but I'd have bitten your hand off for that after the first three holes.

Enjoyed it even though my driving is awful at the moment and I didn't really hit the ball well - as one of the guys in the group behind said "At least it's not raining", weather at the moment is excellent and the courses are playing nicely.

Liked using HowDidIDo app to enter scores - worked seamlessly.

IMG_5113.jpg
15th fairway - Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

IMG_5114.jpg
Spotting your drive in the air was challenging while playing the 16th - Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

IMG_5116.jpg
That's my ball pin high on very edge of the plateau 18th green - missed the birdie putt, that sort of night.

AliMc

Visit site
Another beautiful day at Dunbar today, my 2 pp's were doing GP cards off yellows, I thought about it but didn't bother, maybe should have as I shot 3 over, never mind there's always next time, got a new TSi2 hybrid from the Pro shop to try on Saturday at Forres, my 2 old hybrids are 19 and 22 this one is 21 but if i like it I might adjust it to 20 and just carry one.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
18 straight bogeys yesterday. A first for me.

I'm gonna say my subconscious didn't want to keep the run going, so a quick 7 on the first sorted that out today!

Round in 86 level HCP today, still can't find the short stuff off the tee, but putt better on out greens than anywhere else so saved the round that way.